Do You Own A Pet(s) If So, How Many And What Are They?

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
View Poll Results: Do You Own A Pet(s) If So, How Many And What Are They?
Yes, 1-3
46.03%
Yes, 4 or more
31.75%
No pets at our house
15.87%
dog
50.79%
cat
38.10%
reptile
1.59%
bird/ducks
11.11%
hamster/bunny/ferret...caged animal
3.17%
horse
1.59%
other....
7.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's brag about our pets a little bit. Take our poll to let us know if you have a pet(s). If you do, what is it?

Please answer both parts of the poll - yes or no and
    the number of pets and then what type of pet.
  • I just noticed my boys are the photo of the week. The white chihuahua is Poncho. He is so old. He has arthritis, glaucoma, and badder stones. He is almost totally blind, which has happened recently. So, I have to go pick him up to take him outside and bring him back in because he cannot see well enough to go up and down stairs without flipping over. I have to make his own food since he is on a special diet.

The blond dog is Bonte. He is such a puppy. He is always wanting to play. I just love coming home from work, school, or practicum and have these beautiful boys waiting for me when I get home. I always have to spend a few minutes snuggling with them and loving on them.

DH is in OK with our Siamese cat, Prissy. She doesn't like to be held or cuddled, but she demands constant attention from him. She wants to be petted quite a bit.
  • Your Dogs look gorgeous Debora

We have a lovely rescue cat called Thomas (RSPCA named him) he is 10/11 year old, a mans cat, he loves to sit with the boys of the house
  • We have three cats. Kitty, which I believe is a Russian Blue, she found us, was on our porch one winter, we fed her and she never left us. But, loves to go outside, but, very seldom leaves our yard, and follows us around outside, like a dog.

Then there is Sagwa, she is a three colored short-haired. We gleaned her from a farm. She is very dedicated to her owner. Which is Karrie, our 9-y.o. they both love each other so much. And Sagwa is very loyal to Karrie.

Than there is Boots/Boopies. DH rescued him from a co-worker, they had just thrown the kittens outside. Boopies is our 2 y.o. ds's cat. The cat realizes this, and even sleeps with him. And lets Zac do just about anything to him.
  • Several people know we have two Boston terriers. Missi is our 3 yr. old who we have had since she was 7 weeks. She is highly intelligent, friendly, and full of beans. She really loves all people, especially visitors to the house and grandkids. Bobby is our 8 yr. old who was a rescue from BTCC. He was in a puppy mill for 5 yrs., living in a cage all of the time, except when he was thrown in with a female for stud purposes. When rescued, he was horrible abused, and neglected. He didn't even know what grass felt like under his paws. We adore him, we have had him for almost 3 yrs. now. He is so attached to DH, that he totally follows about 6 inches behind him all of the time. He is so obedient, sweet natured (which surprises us, because he could have been nasty due to his beginnings). He is clever and has learned a lot since coming to our home. I did have a beautiful budgie named "Happy", but unfortunately he had a heart attack a few months ago, and died.
  • I have a lovely green parakeet Petey. Have had him since March of '07 he stays in my bedroom.
    We have recently gotten a precious Pug that belongs to grandson Adam 20 who lives here with me. He loves Panda Bears and knows he will never have one so named the little 4 yr old pug Panda. He has fixed up back yard so she can be out in it which she loves. She has never had collar or harness on till now. She will not come with it/leash on but without it will follow you all over the place. She is the typical tan pug. She has had 2 litters prior to us getting her. She has fit in here really great. At nite she either sleeps in her crate or on bed with Adam. When no one is here to let her out (I can't right now) then she is in her crate which she does not mind.
  • I have one dog...Dutchess who has me well trained... I would be lost without her...She just turned 5 in April...

Smiles & Hugs...
  • I have a chihuahua named Cinnamon. I got her from the animal shelter about 7 years ago and we have 2 outside cats named Mac and Midnight. We got Midnight at a yard sale around 9 years ago. The owners didn't want her. She has been a good cat. Mac I got from Wal-Mart, someone was giving kittens away. We have only had Mac a little over 1 year. They're always waiting for me when I come home from work.
    Sandy1970
  • I have 4 cats. Dufus is 17 yrs old. His coloring is tortoise shell. I was told by a vet that it is unusual for a male to have this coloring. He is long haired. Very gentle and patient except when it is time to eat. Then he lets me know in no uncertain terms he is hungry. He was born under my dresser.

Charlie is a short hair gray and white. and is 12 years old. He is moody but has mellowed as he has gotten older. He was born in our shed and had the same mother as Dufus.

Jasper is a short hair gray cat that we got from the Humane Society. He is 5 and just the sweetest little guy. He was picked up as a stray. He stands on his hind feet when he wants to be picked up. When I pick him up he wraps his front legs around my neck or sometimes my head to give me a hug.

Misty is a long hair tortoise shell color and is the only female. She rules and has all the guys under her little paw. She is 3. We got her from a farmer and she was a mess. Dirty, full of burrs, poor health, could feel her back bone through her stomach. Took her to the vet. They bathed her, shaved her and she was spayed. She was 9-10 months old when we got here. She would never have made it to a year. She is just so sweet. She gets me up every morning. She loves to cuddle up with me.

All 4 are house cats. Dufus and Charlie would go outside of we would let them. Jasper and Misty want nothing to do with outside.

I also have a c--katiel. Gray with a yellow crest, white breast and 2 orange spots below the crest.
    He talks and loves to whistle. He is 13 yrs old.
    He likes to sit on top of his cage, loves to play with his toys and talks to himself when he looks in his mirror.
  • We have a big brown dog not sure of his age or breed as he is mixed.We got him from my dh's parents about three years ago as they already had a dog & at thte time they had to keep them tie up,we had a big fenced yard so we took him in,he is a good watch dog.Ds has a female Sdphie who thinks she's the queen of the house,she will go out but prefers indoors LoL.She is 3 years old.Then there's Sunnie our big Orange & white male cat ,he was dump with his mom & silbings last year by our home out in the country.He just turn 1 & is the lay-back one of our two cats.The picture is not him but is close to what he look like that they could be twins LoL.