FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Pets & Animals (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/pets-animals/)
-   -   Do You Own A Pet(s) If So, How Many And What Are They? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/pets-animals/25475-do-you-own-pet-s-if-so-how-many-what-they.html)

ajrsmom 05-14-2009 04:15 AM

Do You Own A Pet(s) If So, How Many And What Are They?

Let's brag about our pets a little bit. Take our poll to let us know if you have a pet(s). If you do, what is it?

:hiii:

Please answer both parts of the poll - yes or no and
the number of pets and then what type of pet.

DeBora4BobbyL 05-14-2009 04:42 AM

I just noticed my boys are the photo of the week. The white chihuahua is Poncho. He is so old. He has arthritis, glaucoma, and badder stones. He is almost totally blind, which has happened recently. So, I have to go pick him up to take him outside and bring him back in because he cannot see well enough to go up and down stairs without flipping over. I have to make his own food since he is on a special diet.

The blond dog is Bonte. He is such a puppy. He is always wanting to play. I just love coming home from work, school, or practicum and have these beautiful boys waiting for me when I get home. I always have to spend a few minutes snuggling with them and loving on them.

DH is in OK with our Siamese cat, Prissy. She doesn't like to be held or cuddled, but she demands constant attention from him. She wants to be petted quite a bit.

madmum 05-14-2009 04:50 AM

Your Dogs look gorgeous Debora

We have a lovely rescue cat called Thomas (RSPCA named him) he is 10/11 year old, a mans cat, he loves to sit with the boys of the house

mom2-4 05-14-2009 04:55 AM

We have three cats. Kitty, which I believe is a Russian Blue, she found us, was on our porch one winter, we fed her and she never left us. But, loves to go outside, but, very seldom leaves our yard, and follows us around outside, like a dog.

Then there is Sagwa, she is a three colored short-haired. We gleaned her from a farm. She is very dedicated to her owner. Which is Karrie, our 9-y.o. they both love each other so much. And Sagwa is very loyal to Karrie.

Than there is Boots/Boopies. DH rescued him from a co-worker, they had just thrown the kittens outside. Boopies is our 2 y.o. ds's cat. The cat realizes this, and even sleeps with him. And lets Zac do just about anything to him.

missibob 05-14-2009 07:08 AM

Several people know we have two Boston terriers. Missi is our 3 yr. old who we have had since she was 7 weeks. She is highly intelligent, friendly, and full of beans. She really loves all people, especially visitors to the house and grandkids. Bobby is our 8 yr. old who was a rescue from BTCC. He was in a puppy mill for 5 yrs., living in a cage all of the time, except when he was thrown in with a female for stud purposes. When rescued, he was horrible abused, and neglected. He didn't even know what grass felt like under his paws. We adore him, we have had him for almost 3 yrs. now. He is so attached to DH, that he totally follows about 6 inches behind him all of the time. He is so obedient, sweet natured (which surprises us, because he could have been nasty due to his beginnings). He is clever and has learned a lot since coming to our home. I did have a beautiful budgie named "Happy", but unfortunately he had a heart attack a few months ago, and died.

Pag36 05-14-2009 07:40 AM

I have a lovely green parakeet Petey. Have had him since March of '07 he stays in my bedroom.
We have recently gotten a precious Pug that belongs to grandson Adam 20 who lives here with me. He loves Panda Bears and knows he will never have one so named the little 4 yr old pug Panda. He has fixed up back yard so she can be out in it which she loves. She has never had collar or harness on till now. She will not come with it/leash on but without it will follow you all over the place. She is the typical tan pug. She has had 2 litters prior to us getting her. She has fit in here really great. At nite she either sleeps in her crate or on bed with Adam. When no one is here to let her out (I can't right now) then she is in her crate which she does not mind.

BuddyBeanieBaby 05-14-2009 08:42 AM

I have one dog...Dutchess who has me well trained...ROFLMAO I would be lost without her...She just turned 5 in April...

Smiles & Hugs...

Sandy1970 05-14-2009 09:00 AM

I have a chihuahua named Cinnamon. I got her from the animal shelter about 7 years ago and we have 2 outside cats named Mac and Midnight. We got Midnight at a yard sale around 9 years ago. The owners didn't want her. She has been a good cat. Mac I got from Wal-Mart, someone was giving kittens away. We have only had Mac a little over 1 year. They're always waiting for me when I come home from work.
Sandy1970

seleach 05-14-2009 09:03 AM

I have 4 cats. Dufus is 17 yrs old. His coloring is tortoise shell. I was told by a vet that it is unusual for a male to have this coloring. He is long haired. Very gentle and patient except when it is time to eat. Then he lets me know in no uncertain terms he is hungry. He was born under my dresser.

Charlie is a short hair gray and white. and is 12 years old. He is moody but has mellowed as he has gotten older. He was born in our shed and had the same mother as Dufus.

Jasper is a short hair gray cat that we got from the Humane Society. He is 5 and just the sweetest little guy. He was picked up as a stray. He stands on his hind feet when he wants to be picked up. When I pick him up he wraps his front legs around my neck or sometimes my head to give me a hug.

Misty is a long hair tortoise shell color and is the only female. She rules and has all the guys under her little paw. She is 3. We got her from a farmer and she was a mess. Dirty, full of burrs, poor health, could feel her back bone through her stomach. Took her to the vet. They bathed her, shaved her and she was spayed. She was 9-10 months old when we got here. She would never have made it to a year. She is just so sweet. She gets me up every morning. She loves to cuddle up with me.

All 4 are house cats. Dufus and Charlie would go outside of we would let them. Jasper and Misty want nothing to do with outside.

I also have a c--katiel. Gray with a yellow crest, white breast and 2 orange spots below the crest.
He talks and loves to whistle. He is 13 yrs old.
He likes to sit on top of his cage, loves to play with his toys and talks to himself when he looks in his mirror.

sweetnell3 05-14-2009 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We have a big brown dog not sure of his age or breed as he is mixed.We got him from my dh's parents about three years ago as they already had a dog & at thte time they had to keep them tie up,we had a big fenced yard so we took him in,he is a good watch dog.Ds has a female Sdphie who thinks she's the queen of the house,she will go out but prefers indoors LoL.She is 3 years old.Then there's Sunnie our big Orange & white male cat ,he was dump with his mom & silbings last year by our home out in the country.He just turn 1 & is the lay-back one of our two cats.The picture is not him but is close to what he look like that they could be twins LoL.

Bilby 05-14-2009 01:22 PM

We used to have a couple of dogs, half dozen birds and a few fish but as they have died off over the last couple of years we have not replaced them so now we are down to 1 dog and 1 bird LOL
We were going to replace the dog that died but the one we still had is very possessive and not nice to other dogs when in our yard so it was safet this way.

Pag36 05-14-2009 02:04 PM

LOL I forgot to say both Adam and I have a 15 gallon tank, with diff types of goldfish and each of us also have a Beta and what I call suckers which I think are called Placos but not sure

shirl43 05-14-2009 07:42 PM

I have 3 dogs & 1 cat. A Golden Retriever, we don't know where he came from but he came here one Easter Sunday. I watched the paper under lost pets & waited in case someone showed up looking for him. After about 6 weeks nothing so I got him neutered and I told everyone he was my dog now. He is probably about 7 or 8 yrs old. My granddaughter was about 4 then and she named him Chase because when they played together he aways chased after her. He is getting Arthritis now so don't run like he used to. Buddy is a beautiful white Shih Tzu w/brown & black tipped ears. I got him at a local pet shop. He loves people and to be held and is very loving and worth every cent I paid for him, he will soon be 6. Skippy is a Chihuahua mix, mostly black with some brown. I got him from a pet shop too. My husband bought him for me after my beloved Sammy got killed by a car.I was mourning my loss so he thought I should have a replacement. I love him very much and it is obvious he knows he is my dog, but replace my Sammy(never). He is 91/2 months and he also loves people and to be held. Our cat we just got about 3 months ago, she was to be an outside cat but it hasn't happened yet. We got her spayed and she loves to be petted & talked to but not held. She has some real cute ways about her. She is gray with tan mixed all through and solid tan down the front of her neck and tips of her paws. Her name is Lacy. We have to keep her in a separate room with a baby gate across it because Buddy doesn't like her, not even 1 little bit. She is about 8 mo. old. We have had & lost many dogs & cats since we've been married and they all have their own special personalities and they all leave special paw prints on our hearts and we never forget them. Never, because they become members of the family.

WendyMichelle 05-15-2009 05:09 AM

I have 1 flashy fawn Boxer who is my BIG baby!!! He is treated like a child. His name is Tyson and he is 11 yrs old...

dallasalice 05-15-2009 05:43 AM

Dogs Dogs Dogs Dogs....Cat

I have 4 dogs & 1 cat. Lucky is all white that we got 15 or 16 years ago. Max is Labmix from a shelter age unsure we have had him 7 yrs. Shadow long haired Doxie 11or 12 yrs. Prince Elvis Yorkie poo 6 yrs. I fell in love with him at the store little ball of fur. Jada Tcup Chihauhau close to 2lbs14oz (little ****) & Elvis run the house and me!

angelwingsf38 05-15-2009 08:44 AM

I have 6 dogs and love them all.
First is Mylie who is the oldest we found her outside our door one morning very early. She was so small and very sick. We have had her 8 years now.
Skippy is our sons dog he is our watch dog, but loves his mommy.
Cleo is our biggest dog and she is her own dog. She is a puppy from our pit Candy which someone stole.
Then I have my Sammie, she is a puppy from my other dog that died last year from snake bites. She is my little girl.
Next I have Jack and Rebel they are Sammie's puppies. Jack is my husbands dog and Rebel is mine. Rebel didn't grow he is a lot smaller than his brother.
They are all spoiled rotten and all my babies.
My three girls are fixed so no more puppies for me. I think 6 dogs is enough for any family.

bluebird 05-15-2009 11:50 AM

We have two cats, two dogs. A siamese named Koko, a black farm cat named Indianna. Yin and Yang as the kids say.Koko works out with me in the mornings. He is my personal trainer. If I skip too many workouts, he gets mad at me. Indinanna is ds2 cat. She adores him. Cuddles with only him. They are about three weeks apart in age. We have our peke Gismo she is about eight years old. She is a diva girl. Cries when her feelings are hurt or whenever she wants to. She sneezes for 'yes'. I don't know how that started. Dd has Stuie, her service dog. I can't brag enough about him. He is so devoted to his girl. Words can not express the bond the two of them share. He is serious about his job of keeping dd safe. Sometimes he goes up to her and kisses and kisses her, checking her to make sure she is okay. Stuie has brought more than freedom to dd. He has added laughter and joy too. Stuie was in a hurry for us to leave yesterday so he thought he would help dd. He took his leash already hooked to his collar, in his mouth to 'lead' himself to help dd out. It was so funny!

paco 05-15-2009 12:22 PM

OK, let's see...I have 4 horses, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 2 c***atiels.
The first horse I got was Storm, he is a quarter horse/Belgium cross. He was 8 mos old when I got him. He is a big baby, gentle as a lamb. When it got time to try to start him, my ds introduced him to the saddle blanket and saddle. He sniffed and checked them out, and Jesse saddled him up...he did nothing. After walking him around in the yard a few times Jesse decided to try to get on him. He didn't even flinch..he did great. Like I said...a big baby. I can do anything I want with him. He is very curious, he has to be poking his nose into everything I do outside.
Angel Eyes is a quarter horse, she is Storm's mom. She was my Fil's horse and we acquired her when he passed away. She is a little more aloof than my other horses, but she is coming around, she lets me pet her a lot more than she did when I first got her.
Red Angel Oats is a quarter horse/appaloosa cross, he is gorgeous! I have raised him from a foal (he is Angel's colt). Very gentle loving horse.
Last and least is Spirit, he is a miniature horse. He is a year old, I got him for my Dgks to play with. He is a character! Fiesty!
My oldest dog is Max. He is just a mixed breed, somebody dropped him off, and he ended up at my house. You can tell he has been abused because he still cowers down sometimes when I walk up to him. I have had him close to a year and I hope that someday he realizes that he is not going to be mistreated here. He is a very good dog.
Shadow is my other dog, he is only 9 wks old. but he has already won my heart. He is half basset hound and we have no idea what the other half is! LOL
Jasper is my cat, he is 8 mos old. I got him through the shelter when he was 4mos old. He is my buddy, he likes to curl up by me when I am watching tv. He also likes to get on my desk when I am on the computer, guess he is feeling ignored! lol
My birds are Chico (he is 14 yrs old) and Lola (she is 6 yrs old). Lola lays eggs, and they take turns sitting on them. So sweet. But they never hatch because they aren't fertilized. I think we had Chico too long before we got him a mate! He is more of a people person.
Anyway that is my family! I can't imagine my life without animals. they bring me so much joy!

KSJEn6891 05-15-2009 03:30 PM

Our 2009 Babies minor Description

So many beautiful animal-children to talk about, starting with DeBora's boys. :smilll:

Most everyone who has been in the gallery knows about ShereKon our boy we've had since 2000 (whether he is truly 9 yo is yet to be seen - but that's how long in August we've shared our lives w/his (aka SK, Mr ShereKon, tiger boy, little boy, and Boo), and recently we added another (girl) kitty to our family - Anna she is 5 yo according to her adoption file (aka Anna-Belle, Anna Banana, Closet-cat, MissAnna, NAnna, and Anna-Belle Bananas). Both are mix bred w/Tabby markings... ShereKon is part Maincoon - short hair :catdrink:,
and Anna looks similar to SK, but with darker colors, a thinner - straighter tail, and short hair :cat: .

ShereKon also lets "me" know when he wants something other then their dry food (along with their water is left out until bowls are empty)... every morning he literally walks all over me, jumps down, back -up snuggles me and purrs. If I don't immediately acknowledge his effections and get-up, he walks all over my head and tries removing my hair... then sulks all day when he gets reprimanded (usually its Mr. Eddy what do you think you are doing or my all time favorite OUCH).

I don't know if I've added Anna to the gallery yet or not... I know I added our "visiting" cat JB, and our two older and gone, but not forgotten cats Joey :phonecat: &
JC. :hallcat:

MKS 05-15-2009 03:53 PM

We have one indoor kitten, actually she will be a cat soon. Heidi, a tortise shell. She is pretty small, but very very fiesty. She belongs to my 10 yo ds & he is not gentle with her at all. He plays rough with her & has plenty of scratches to prove it. Despite this, she loves him & know she is his. She will wait for him when he goes in the other room (IF she is awake, of course) & doesn't even care that I am around. Except she will come to me when I call "kitty, kitty" cause she knows I am going to give her something tasty. When he calls her, she knows he is just teasing her. Anyway, we also have 12 (fixed) outdoor cats. I call them country cats. They pretty much came with the house. I love them all though. Only about half are tame enough to pet.

daisylady 05-15-2009 05:46 PM

Lots of Pets here~

Just remember, you asked!
I have 4 dogs...an Irish Wolfhound named Fiona, a wolf hybrid named Nellie, a dollie named Riley (Dalmatian/collie) and a Shepherd Lab name Luna. 2 cats, Smokey and Punk, a cage full of finches, a conure, 2 doves and a rabbit.

MKS 05-15-2009 06:31 PM

Wow! How much time do you spend cleaning up after them?

snowball 05-15-2009 06:45 PM

i too have a dog named heidi she is 1 year old bordier collie , we also have 3 cats we have 2 indoor and 1 outdoor and we lost one this fall we think a cotoyte got him , i miss he dearly.

daisylady 05-15-2009 06:57 PM

Ah... that's what the kids are for!

cat lover 05-17-2009 05:30 AM

We have 10 cats;Socks, Piglet, Ebony, Rerun, Tiger, Grey Baby, Red, Snowflake, Martha, and Star. Six live in the house with us, one is our mouser for the garage which on occasion she gets to go outside. The latest is another stray that showed up and decided to stay so she has free run outside.

Then we have 5 dogs which all live in their own kennel outside. Levi, (we recently had to have his brother Issac put down), Buzz, Rocky, Springer, and Buford. Buford is one of my DS's so he will be going home here soon as soon as we have his housing ready there for him.

And then on the average around 100 chickens. Some are free range and some live in pens with attached coops.

I am still considering goats, but that will require lots more work in getting ready for them.

fish3711 05-17-2009 06:34 AM

Here's my list of pets.

5 dogs:
Zippy my 7 year old Affenpinscher
Ginger my 2 year old Shih Tsu
Ottie my 1 year old Affen Tsu [Zippy & Ginger are the parents]
Benny my 1 year old Affen Tsu [Zippy & Ginger are the parents]
Petey a 12+ yr old Pekinnese that I rescued a few months ago, found him half dead on the side of the road.

2 Cats:
Shaggy who's 11 years old this month.
Butter who's a year and a half and my sons cat.

2 Turtles:
Bubba & Coco

Stray Cats who think they live here
BobCat [or No Tail as I like to call him because he has no tail] he found us over a year ago, and we feed him.
Fluffy another stray that comes around for food.
Gus another stray cat that has been around for over a year that likes us to feed him.

We have some fish in the turtle tank but well they're feeder fish so I guess they wouldn't count as a pet!!

Felicia

bettdev 05-18-2009 09:05 AM

We have 4 + 2 cats that neighbors weren't caring for/abandoned.
Meeko is now 14, Kali is 9, Sagwa & Miyavi are 2yo sisters, Riley is a declawed cat someone left behind when they moved, and Anubis is a sweet 7 mo boy from across the street.

BettyHopkins 05-18-2009 08:23 PM

Hi ya'll! I currently have 3 dogs (2 goldens and one smaller mix), they are Prince and Jasmine and Bambi (a mixed male). We call him Bambi because of the way he sprints like a deer! We also have two cats, Sox (a girl) and Tigger (a boy)! Tigger is the comical one while Sox is reserved and shy. Oh, I've also got about 50 chickens too! About half are about 1 month old and really sweet. When I go outside, they follow me everywhere! I let my chickens free range so I now have to keep my car windows closed since they seem to like the idea of hitching a ride with me! LOL!! One actually did and got loose in the school parking lot! I didn't know it was with me until I came back out to my car and ended up chasing it all over the lot. I finally got the chicken after climbing under a parked bus where she was sitting up on the axle! How embarrasing! My husband is a farmer and says I'm just a city hick! I think he is right!

Bilby 05-18-2009 08:35 PM

I'm afraid after the weekend we are down to 1 dog, the bird died.

nala07102002 05-19-2009 04:06 AM

My daugThter has over 30 chinchilla's, and we take in recuse dogs, we now has 4, and 5 cats.
Tey are ours babies and very loved

nala07102002 05-19-2009 04:10 AM

We, my daughter and I have over 30 chinchilla's. We also take in unwanted dog's. We have Ms.Daisy, Vicktor, Kitty Boo, and our newest, Dunkin. and we also have 5 cats.. They are all wanred and love

DeBora4BobbyL 05-19-2009 04:34 AM

Nala07102002, I want to officially welcome you to Family Corner. If you get a chance, pop over to the Introduce Yourself forum and introduce yourself so that the friendly members here may say hello.

fish3711 05-19-2009 05:58 AM

Kathy so sorry about your bird.

Nala welcome.

Felicia

HAPPY6 05-19-2009 06:53 AM

I have 2 parakeets, Max & Ruby. Max and Ruby. Beautiful birds!! 2 Hermit Crabs, that are really cute to watch. These pets are my GK's but we all share them. Jingles our dog, he's an Eski-Peek-a-Poo. Great family dog!! He loves everybody and thinks he's human! Santa, brought him to us two Christmases ago.

Pag36 05-19-2009 11:39 AM

Kathy so sorry you lost your bird.
Welcome Nala

HappyPuppy 05-19-2009 05:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi FamilyCorner Peeps,

I've been away since May 20, 2006! This is my first post. Don't know how much time I'll have to continue posting, but when I came across this forum again, I wanted to share my story:

We had a beautiful cat, Tiger, for a couple of years. Dh nicknamed him "Crazy Potato". Turned out I had become allergic to cats and we had to find our baby a new home. This killed my dh who was the one who rescued him. He was so very attached to Tiger. It breaks my heart to look at his pictures, but here he is.

When four weeks old,Tiger was rescued from almost being buried alive. Dh had begun to fill a hole under the edge of our driveway - a gully made by rainstorms here in Florida - when he heard a mewing sound coming from deep inside the hole and realized there was a kitten in there. So he kept mewing back at it trying to get it to come out but it was too scared. Dh went into the house and brought out some leftover pork. Putting it at the entrance to the hole, he mewed back at the kitten. It eventually came to the entrance, grabbed the piece of pork and disappeared into the hole again. Ha! So, dh placed the next piece of pork about a foot away from the entrance, laid himself on the ground facing the hole and mewed again, as did I. LOL. This time when the kitten popped out to grab the pork, dh grabbed the kitten. Poor baby was feral and scared to death of us. We put him in a cat carrier with a towel, leaving the door open. He had a safe place to stay until he got used to us and his new surroundings, which took a few weeks. Tiger was starved and we fed him all he would eat and drink. For the first few times he ate, Tiger would make suckling noises. So cute! He obviously wasn't yet weaned from his mother's milk. The vet gave him a clean bill of health and we were so happy to have him in our home.

Tiger was spoiled rotten for as long as we had him. He now lives with a very nice family whose young daughter (4) adores him. Tiger loves her too, and according to her parents, watches over her and is her constant companion. So a happy ending for him but a sad ending for us. :bawl:

Pag36 05-19-2009 05:42 PM

Very pretty cat and I know you guys miss him. Sneaky way to get him out of that hole but so glad you were able to

MKS 05-19-2009 05:55 PM

What a handsome cat. Welcome back & I hope you can hang out with us a long while.

HappyPuppy 05-19-2009 06:51 PM

Thanks Pag36 and MKS.

I see both of you are still here after all these years!

Yes, we miss him terribly. We desperately want to go to his new owners and ask for him back, but know we can't. Boohoo. Besides, the little girl and Tiger are now attached to each other and we wouldn't even think of doing that to her. We DID tell them, when delivering him to them, that if for any reason they could not keep him, we would gladly take him back. They also said we could visit him any time. It's been about a year I think. I'm going to email them and see if we can drop in for a quick visit.

We are thinking of getting a dog - I'm not allergic to dogs (!) - but we need to research the different breeds to see which one suits us.

Hope I can hang out here for a while, too. We'll see how my schedule goes. LOL! I like the newer-looking website - much easier on the eyes...

Pag36 05-19-2009 07:53 PM

Yes I am still here and will stay here until God decides different.
Hope you can visit Tiger. When I was a young girl we had a cat that color and also named Tiger that was when I was in Japan.
I have had several dogs in my time but one of my faves is/was the Pug which there is now one in my house again but belongs to my 20 yr old g-son Adam who lives with me. I will sorely miss Panda if/when Adam moves out