Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

View Poll Results: Do You Own A Pet(s) If So, How Many And What Are They?
Yes, 1-3 29 46.03%
Yes, 4 or more 20 31.75%
No pets at our house 10 15.87%
dog 32 50.79%
cat 24 38.10%
reptile 1 1.59%
bird/ducks 7 11.11%
hamster/bunny/ferret...caged animal 2 3.17%
horse 1 1.59%
other.... 5 7.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2009, 04:10 AM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

We, my daughter and I have over 30 chinchilla's. We also take in unwanted dog's. We have Ms.Daisy, Vicktor, Kitty Boo, and our newest, Dunkin. and we also have 5 cats.. They are all wanred and love
Old 05-19-2009, 04:34 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Nala07102002, I want to officially welcome you to Family Corner. If you get a chance, pop over to the Introduce Yourself forum and introduce yourself so that the friendly members here may say hello.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Kathy so sorry about your bird.

Nala welcome.

Felicia

Old 05-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Nine Year Member

I have 2 parakeets, Max & Ruby. Max and Ruby. Beautiful birds!! 2 Hermit Crabs, that are really cute to watch. These pets are my GK's but we all share them. Jingles our dog, he's an Eski-Peek-a-Poo. Great family dog!! He loves everybody and thinks he's human! Santa, brought him to us two Christmases ago.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Kathy so sorry you lost your bird.
Welcome Nala
Old 05-19-2009, 05:10 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi FamilyCorner Peeps,

I've been away since May 20, 2006! This is my first post. Don't know how much time I'll have to continue posting, but when I came across this forum again, I wanted to share my story:

We had a beautiful cat, Tiger, for a couple of years. Dh nicknamed him "Crazy Potato". Turned out I had become allergic to cats and we had to find our baby a new home. This killed my dh who was the one who rescued him. He was so very attached to Tiger. It breaks my heart to look at his pictures, but here he is.

When four weeks old,Tiger was rescued from almost being buried alive. Dh had begun to fill a hole under the edge of our driveway - a gully made by rainstorms here in Florida - when he heard a mewing sound coming from deep inside the hole and realized there was a kitten in there. So he kept mewing back at it trying to get it to come out but it was too scared. Dh went into the house and brought out some leftover pork. Putting it at the entrance to the hole, he mewed back at the kitten. It eventually came to the entrance, grabbed the piece of pork and disappeared into the hole again. Ha! So, dh placed the next piece of pork about a foot away from the entrance, laid himself on the ground facing the hole and mewed again, as did I. LOL. This time when the kitten popped out to grab the pork, dh grabbed the kitten. Poor baby was feral and scared to death of us. We put him in a cat carrier with a towel, leaving the door open. He had a safe place to stay until he got used to us and his new surroundings, which took a few weeks. Tiger was starved and we fed him all he would eat and drink. For the first few times he ate, Tiger would make suckling noises. So cute! He obviously wasn't yet weaned from his mother's milk. The vet gave him a clean bill of health and we were so happy to have him in our home.

Tiger was spoiled rotten for as long as we had him. He now lives with a very nice family whose young daughter (4) adores him. Tiger loves her too, and according to her parents, watches over her and is her constant companion. So a happy ending for him but a sad ending for us.
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Very pretty cat and I know you guys miss him. Sneaky way to get him out of that hole but so glad you were able to
Old 05-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

What a handsome cat. Welcome back & I hope you can hang out with us a long while.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:51 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks Pag36 and MKS.

I see both of you are still here after all these years!

Yes, we miss him terribly. We desperately want to go to his new owners and ask for him back, but know we can't. Boohoo. Besides, the little girl and Tiger are now attached to each other and we wouldn't even think of doing that to her. We DID tell them, when delivering him to them, that if for any reason they could not keep him, we would gladly take him back. They also said we could visit him any time. It's been about a year I think. I'm going to email them and see if we can drop in for a quick visit.

We are thinking of getting a dog - I'm not allergic to dogs (!) - but we need to research the different breeds to see which one suits us.

Hope I can hang out here for a while, too. We'll see how my schedule goes. LOL! I like the newer-looking website - much easier on the eyes...
Old 05-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes I am still here and will stay here until God decides different.
Hope you can visit Tiger. When I was a young girl we had a cat that color and also named Tiger that was when I was in Japan.
I have had several dogs in my time but one of my faves is/was the Pug which there is now one in my house again but belongs to my 20 yr old g-son Adam who lives with me. I will sorely miss Panda if/when Adam moves out