Do You Own A Pet(s) If So, How Many And What Are They?

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
View Poll Results: Do You Own A Pet(s) If So, How Many And What Are They?
Yes, 1-3
46.03%
Yes, 4 or more
31.75%
No pets at our house
15.87%
dog
50.79%
cat
38.10%
reptile
1.59%
bird/ducks
11.11%
hamster/bunny/ferret...caged animal
3.17%
horse
1.59%
other....
7.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll
  • We used to have a couple of dogs, half dozen birds and a few fish but as they have died off over the last couple of years we have not replaced them so now we are down to 1 dog and 1 bird LOL
    We were going to replace the dog that died but the one we still had is very possessive and not nice to other dogs when in our yard so it was safet this way.
  • LOL I forgot to say both Adam and I have a 15 gallon tank, with diff types of goldfish and each of us also have a Beta and what I call suckers which I think are called Placos but not sure
  • I have 3 dogs & 1 cat. A Golden Retriever, we don't know where he came from but he came here one Easter Sunday. I watched the paper under lost pets & waited in case someone showed up looking for him. After about 6 weeks nothing so I got him neutered and I told everyone he was my dog now. He is probably about 7 or 8 yrs old. My granddaughter was about 4 then and she named him Chase because when they played together he aways chased after her. He is getting Arthritis now so don't run like he used to. Buddy is a beautiful white Shih Tzu w/brown & black tipped ears. I got him at a local pet shop. He loves people and to be held and is very loving and worth every cent I paid for him, he will soon be 6. Skippy is a Chihuahua mix, mostly black with some brown. I got him from a pet shop too. My husband bought him for me after my beloved Sammy got killed by a car.I was mourning my loss so he thought I should have a replacement. I love him very much and it is obvious he knows he is my dog, but replace my Sammy(never). He is 91/2 months and he also loves people and to be held. Our cat we just got about 3 months ago, she was to be an outside cat but it hasn't happened yet. We got her spayed and she loves to be petted & talked to but not held. She has some real cute ways about her. She is gray with tan mixed all through and solid tan down the front of her neck and tips of her paws. Her name is Lacy. We have to keep her in a separate room with a baby gate across it because Buddy doesn't like her, not even 1 little bit. She is about 8 mo. old. We have had & lost many dogs & cats since we've been married and they all have their own special personalities and they all leave special paw prints on our hearts and we never forget them. Never, because they become members of the family.
  • I have 1 flashy fawn Boxer who is my BIG baby!!! He is treated like a child. His name is Tyson and he is 11 yrs old...
  • Dogs Dogs Dogs Dogs....Cat
    I have 4 dogs & 1 cat. Lucky is all white that we got 15 or 16 years ago. Max is Labmix from a shelter age unsure we have had him 7 yrs. Shadow long haired Doxie 11or 12 yrs. Prince Elvis Yorkie poo 6 yrs. I fell in love with him at the store little ball of fur. Jada Tcup Chihauhau close to 2lbs14oz (little ****) & Elvis run the house and me!
  • I have 6 dogs and love them all.
    First is Mylie who is the oldest we found her outside our door one morning very early. She was so small and very sick. We have had her 8 years now.
    Skippy is our sons dog he is our watch dog, but loves his mommy.
    Cleo is our biggest dog and she is her own dog. She is a puppy from our pit Candy which someone stole.
    Then I have my Sammie, she is a puppy from my other dog that died last year from snake bites. She is my little girl.
    Next I have Jack and Rebel they are Sammie's puppies. Jack is my husbands dog and Rebel is mine. Rebel didn't grow he is a lot smaller than his brother.
    They are all spoiled rotten and all my babies.
    My three girls are fixed so no more puppies for me. I think 6 dogs is enough for any family.
  • We have two cats, two dogs. A siamese named Koko, a black farm cat named Indianna. Yin and Yang as the kids say.Koko works out with me in the mornings. He is my personal trainer. If I skip too many workouts, he gets mad at me. Indinanna is ds2 cat. She adores him. Cuddles with only him. They are about three weeks apart in age. We have our peke Gismo she is about eight years old. She is a diva girl. Cries when her feelings are hurt or whenever she wants to. She sneezes for 'yes'. I don't know how that started. Dd has Stuie, her service dog. I can't brag enough about him. He is so devoted to his girl. Words can not express the bond the two of them share. He is serious about his job of keeping dd safe. Sometimes he goes up to her and kisses and kisses her, checking her to make sure she is okay. Stuie has brought more than freedom to dd. He has added laughter and joy too. Stuie was in a hurry for us to leave yesterday so he thought he would help dd. He took his leash already hooked to his collar, in his mouth to 'lead' himself to help dd out. It was so funny!
  • OK, let's see...I have 4 horses, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 2 c***atiels.
    The first horse I got was Storm, he is a quarter horse/Belgium cross. He was 8 mos old when I got him. He is a big baby, gentle as a lamb. When it got time to try to start him, my ds introduced him to the saddle blanket and saddle. He sniffed and checked them out, and Jesse saddled him up...he did nothing. After walking him around in the yard a few times Jesse decided to try to get on him. He didn't even flinch..he did great. Like I said...a big baby. I can do anything I want with him. He is very curious, he has to be poking his nose into everything I do outside.
    Angel Eyes is a quarter horse, she is Storm's mom. She was my Fil's horse and we acquired her when he passed away. She is a little more aloof than my other horses, but she is coming around, she lets me pet her a lot more than she did when I first got her.
    Red Angel Oats is a quarter horse/appaloosa cross, he is gorgeous! I have raised him from a foal (he is Angel's colt). Very gentle loving horse.
    Last and least is Spirit, he is a miniature horse. He is a year old, I got him for my Dgks to play with. He is a character! Fiesty!
    My oldest dog is Max. He is just a mixed breed, somebody dropped him off, and he ended up at my house. You can tell he has been abused because he still cowers down sometimes when I walk up to him. I have had him close to a year and I hope that someday he realizes that he is not going to be mistreated here. He is a very good dog.
    Shadow is my other dog, he is only 9 wks old. but he has already won my heart. He is half basset hound and we have no idea what the other half is! LOL
    Jasper is my cat, he is 8 mos old. I got him through the shelter when he was 4mos old. He is my buddy, he likes to curl up by me when I am watching tv. He also likes to get on my desk when I am on the computer, guess he is feeling ignored! lol
    My birds are Chico (he is 14 yrs old) and Lola (she is 6 yrs old). Lola lays eggs, and they take turns sitting on them. So sweet. But they never hatch because they aren't fertilized. I think we had Chico too long before we got him a mate! He is more of a people person.
    Anyway that is my family! I can't imagine my life without animals. they bring me so much joy!
  • Our 2009 Babies minor Description
    So many beautiful animal-children to talk about, starting with DeBora's boys.

Most everyone who has been in the gallery knows about ShereKon our boy we've had since 2000 (whether he is truly 9 yo is yet to be seen - but that's how long in August we've shared our lives w/his (aka SK, Mr ShereKon, tiger boy, little boy, and Boo), and recently we added another (girl) kitty to our family - Anna she is 5 yo according to her adoption file (aka Anna-Belle, Anna Banana, Closet-cat, MissAnna, NAnna, and Anna-Belle Bananas). Both are mix bred w/Tabby markings... ShereKon is part Maincoon - short hair ,
    and Anna looks similar to SK, but with darker colors, a thinner - straighter tail, and short hair .

ShereKon also lets "me" know when he wants something other then their dry food (along with their water is left out until bowls are empty)... every morning he literally walks all over me, jumps down, back -up snuggles me and purrs. If I don't immediately acknowledge his effections and get-up, he walks all over my head and tries removing my hair... then sulks all day when he gets reprimanded (usually its Mr. Eddy what do you think you are doing or my all time favorite OUCH).

I don't know if I've added Anna to the gallery yet or not... I know I added our "visiting" cat JB, and our two older and gone, but not forgotten cats Joey &
    JC.
  • We have one indoor kitten, actually she will be a cat soon. Heidi, a tortise shell. She is pretty small, but very very fiesty. She belongs to my 10 yo ds & he is not gentle with her at all. He plays rough with her & has plenty of scratches to prove it. Despite this, she loves him & know she is his. She will wait for him when he goes in the other room (IF she is awake, of course) & doesn't even care that I am around. Except she will come to me when I call "kitty, kitty" cause she knows I am going to give her something tasty. When he calls her, she knows he is just teasing her. Anyway, we also have 12 (fixed) outdoor cats. I call them country cats. They pretty much came with the house. I love them all though. Only about half are tame enough to pet.