Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 03-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We do not have any at the moment... have had them in the past and will have them in the very near future. I volunteer to foster them for a rescue (s). I also do birds, ferrets, rabbits, gliders, and on occasion chickens and ducks. Haven't done ig's yet but I may try them in the future. I also provide forever homes for many. Robin in NC
Old 03-25-2003, 04:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Robin, That is a great website. After checking it out I might have to agree with Piglet. A rabbit doesn't look like a great choice for a young, very active, um...stubourn boy like mine. If the urge for another inside pet gets too strong to risist, I might have to look into a guinea pig instead. Some of those GP pictures looked like fancy mops LOL! They remimded me of those ever multiplying creatures from an old Star Trek episode...what is trebles? That doesn't sound quite right.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

House rabbits make good pets too. They can be litter box trained as well. Check out the different breeds when thinking about one. There are many rabbit rescues and a large % of them like you to have house rather than the outdoor caging. You have to watch any of the gnawing creatures and be careful of wires.
Again, do a little research on diet to provide the optimal nutrition to keep your pet healthy and happy. Keep an eye on the teeth and nails. If you do keep yours outdoors give it plenty of room to hop around and be careful about ground contaminates. Make sure it has a cool place in the summer and a warm place in the winter. Don't forget toys and things to chew on. I personally use a mineral salt lick and give papaya tablets. I use Oxbow products or the ones from sweet meadow farms. Hope this helps!
Robin in NC
Old 03-25-2003, 04:51 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle

Robin,
I have a 12 week old GP named Buttercup and this is the first time that I have had a GP. She is just amazing 2 us and very smart acting!! Just got giving her her daily dose of fruits and veggies! She just loves them! I have also made her a Bunny Costume 4 Easter and can not wait 4 her 2 wear it!! Do u have any other good sites that I could check out about GP. U never know 2 much!
Old 03-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

To be honest I haven't tried some of these sites but someone sent them to me.
www.cavymadness.com
www.cavyspirit.com
www.oginet.com/pgurney
http://guinealynx.com

If you do a search on there is a rescue called People for Pigs that is a rescue. They may have some info. I'm not sure.
Your veterinarian should be a good resource for info. I use one that treats many types of exotics like birds, ferrets, g.pigs, etc.
Hope this helps!
Robin in NC

Last edited by Robin whittington; 03-25-2003 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:31 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks!!!! I have saved all of these sites and I am off 2 surf them out!!
Old 03-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Have fun and enjoy your pig. If I can be of more help please feel free to contact me via by responding here or privatley by my email. [email protected]
I'm really only a novice but do try to know a little about a few things I like to care for.
Robin in NC