Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Nine Year Member

WHERE do You WASH Your Dog?

I need some help. Now that it's winter, and we have a dog that needs more frequent bathing, we don't know where to give her a bath. We put her in the shower but then her black hair gets everywhere, on the walls, the curtains, the floor, and it clogs the drain too.

We thought of using the do it yourself room at Petco but I worry about picking up skin diseases like ringworm and such.

Where do you wash your dog?

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 03-02-2009, 02:21 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

We wash our dog in our tub with a doggie hose.

2 times a year we take him to Petsmart to get groomed. They do a wonderful job. We never had problems with him getting anything. We take him once right before Christmas and 1 time before the summer begins. He has so much white hair. It really helps keep the dog hair from being all over my house.

Charlotte
Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 AM

Happy face

I bath my dog in the tub... I have the hand held shower that I use to wet him down, then use the shampoo on him & then rinse him real good. Sometimes the hair does clog the drain, but I pick it out right away before it gets all the way down in the drain. Then I have to scrub the tub down. I rinse the tub with the shower head & most of it is washed toward the drain where I can get it. Then I take an old washcloth & wipe the tub down to pick up any remaining hair.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minny
I bath my dog in the tub... I have the hand held shower that I use to wet him down, then use the shampoo on him & then rinse him real good. Sometimes the hair does clog the drain, but I pick it out right away before it gets all the way down in the drain. Then I have to scrub the tub down. I rinse the tub with the shower head & most of it is washed toward the drain where I can get it. Then I take an old washcloth & wipe the tub down to pick up any remaining hair.
Minny, I do the same thing. I take everything out of my bathroom except the towel I dry my old girl with and an extra one to wipe down the walls, and floor. As I am rinsing Faith, who is part lab and chow (SUPER SIZED HAIRBALL) and I love her to pieces, I grab the collecting hair from the drain and throw it in the trashcan.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I use the bathtub, I just learned there was a doggie wash, similar to a car wash but for dogs, its supposed to have an oatmeal bath, flea bath and several other choices in the next town over and I may take my buddy over and check it out in the next few days. Any one else tried something like this?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Nine Year Member

Tonight my dog got to experience the polar bear plunge. She chased a skunk. We did the first scrub outside with the magic recipe of 1/4 cup baking soda, 1 quart of hydrogen peroxide, and a tablespoon of dish soap. There was actually ice on her coat during the five minute wait before rinsing. We rinsed with one bucket of warm water and then took her to the basement wash sink via the bilco door. So we bathed her the second time in the laundry tub. One of us has to hold her nose and rinse and the other one scrubs. The daughter ran the accessories like collar, lead, towels, eye ointment, etc. Hair everywhere even the washing machine was coated.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 03-03-2009, 02:28 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

YUK!!

My neighbors dog use to get sprayed my skunks alot. The compose pile brings them closer to the houses. He dog would go after them all the time.

The vet told her to use feminine douches. She said they worked. So she would stock pile them when they were on sale. LOL!!

Charlotte
Old 03-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Nine Year Member

My hubby just bathed my old doggie in the shower tonight. We have a hand held shower nozzle. She had a bit of an accident and pooed in the bathroom. Got it all over herself...yuk!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tyson goes 2 get bathed @ the Vet.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Newbie

In the summertime we wash outside in a kid pool and in the winter in the bathtub (in the guest bathroom)