Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 05-20-2002, 01:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks Kim,
I didn't realize I needed to put these in the fridge. Hmm, maybe my kids will eat them. They eat everything. All boys!

Diana

Old 05-20-2002, 02:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Homemade Dog Biscuits

I keep the dog biscuits in a container in the fridge and and my dogs only eat 1 or 2 a day and they last about 3 weeks or more.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:31 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Yummy Cool Treat For Doggies

Hi!

I found this recipe at www.recipegoldmine.com

FROSTY PAWS ICE CREAM

32 oz vanilla yogurt
1 mashed banaan or one large jar of baby fruit
2 T peanut butter
2 T honey

Blend all together and freeze in either 3 ounce paper cups or ice cube trays. Microwave just a few seconds before serving.

NOTE: This can also be made with baby meat instaed of the fruit and peanut butter.

My Lab LOVED this treat. He just had his 9th birthday and we celebrated with these treats.

Hope your fur baby likes it too.

Hugs
Old 06-23-2002, 12:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

MY Fur Baby will eat anything that won't try to eat her first-expecially "people food"!!

We're having an outbreak of 17 yr cicadias and she eats those if we let her!!!

Hey!!! Maybe if she eats enough--she'll poop enough to fill all of her digging holes !!!!

A Proud American

We really need a doggy smilies!!!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 01:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Our Fur Baby will eat just about anything! His name is Spike.
He can be silly some times, but we love him just the same. Spike eats anything(almost!), from cat food to mashed potatoes. He is our family pet and loves to have his belly scratched. He is also a deer-dog.
Old 07-22-2002, 06:52 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

This recipe is my girls favorite.....

Cheddary Dog Biscuits

1 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. margarine
1 c. boiling water
1 tbsp sugar
3/4 c cornmeal
1-2 tsp chicken or beef bouillon
1/2 c. milk
1 c. cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 egg beaten
2-3 c. whole wheat flour

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. In large bowl, combine oats, margarine and boiling water; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in cornmeal, sugar, milk, cheese and egg and bouillon;
mix well. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition to form a stiff dough. On a floured surface, knead 3-4 minutes. Roll out to a 1/2 inch thickness and cut with a cutter. Bake at 325 for 35-45 minutes. Store loosely covered. Instead of sugar I add molasses. Also, I add garlic (1-2 tsps) powder and/or Brewer's yeast. Makes 60 small biscuits.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:23 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Here is my Lucy's 3 favorite treats...the Gourmet being her fav. And Liver is so cheap in the store.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2003, 10:30 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Cheese Twists

I made Cheese Twists for my girls, their friends at the dog park and also for a no kill shelter and the dogs loved them. This was for Christmas...

Cheese Twists

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 medium egg
3/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 325 f. Combine all ingredients except 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Kneed until thoroughly mixed. Using a teaspoon, scoop out dough and roll into quarter-sized balls on a lightly floured surface, rolling into pencil-shaped sticks. Roll into extra parmesan cheese until sticks are coated. Flatten with hands. Twist each stick 6-8 times and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 30 minutes. Cool on pan. Store in sealed container. Yield: 18 sticks.

I made them smaller than a full teaspoon. Like my grandma says.....smaller makes more.
Your dogs will LOVE them. It came from Three Dog Bakery in Kansas City.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hi
just a question, has anybody tried thinly slicing liver and baking or drying out the liver, in the oven like jerky(?) to make as a doggy treat?
If so how long would you leave it in the oven and on what temp and how long do you think it would keep?
I've seen these in th pre packaging in the pet stores and they cost a fortune and just wondered.................

Aboven mentioned dog biscuits made me think of it.

Old 05-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ummm.. no I haven't seen that...but... be careful with liver it tends to loosen stools.... I just bake a slice and cut it up and that's about it.

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."