Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thumbs up Our wonderful companions

We have two Boston terriers. They are the joy of our lives, now that we are retired and our children have flown the coop. We purchased Missi as a 6 wk. old puppy, and she is now 2 yrs. old and a huggable kissy Missi. She is very sociable and loves people. She is very clever and has many attributes. Bobby is our 6 yrs. old Boston. He was in a puppy mill in Pa. for the first 5 yrs. of his life. He was abused and when rescued by the BTCC he was in a box covered in filth and very timid, as he didn't trust people. After having a nurturing foster mom, we adopted him a yr. ago and he is now the most loveable, comical,, sweet and gentle fellow, who we just love so much. So you could say our dogs are very important to us in our everyday lives.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
It's beautiful how you've taken your dogs into your lives. I grew up having dogs in our house and I loved them just like they were people. I miss having a dog but our kitties are our family members now.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

My little dog is a rescue dog too. Baby Girl was deprived of water and it messed up her system she now totally craves water. The Vet said she will drink till she throws up or possibly her bladder will burst. God help us if that should happen sooo as Vet told us we ration her water and at 8 at nite it is cut off. She is such a sweetie oh she is part Boxer/Boston Terrier has the coloring of the Boxer but the look/markings of Boston Terrier. My little g-son 10 next month is totally in love with her as are most people who come in contact with her. She rarely barks, loves to play and sleeps a lot too. She is 2 yrs old
Old 08-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am so happy to hear that you too have a rescued pup. I think they know when you adopt them, that you REALLY want them, and so are very thankful. If the water problem is the only one she has, you are really lucky. Bobby was a marker at first and had to wear a poise pad, but when he found out that if he "went" outside he didn't need to wear the diaper, it didn't take him long to change!! Our pups also sleep a lot, getting energy for their walks and playtime.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

p.s. the jewellery is beautiful.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Oh WHEN she has to go potty she will stand and stare at you and IF you don't notice her uh oh!! So needless to say we have had several "goofs". She has a BIG crate that they gave me with her (the ones who actually rescued her but could not keep her and she would be alone tooooo much) and large pillow both of which she loves to use. She also loves all our beds lol

Thanks right now Gina is not putting that much on either site as she is working towards 3 diff craft shows one in Oct, then Nov and then last in Dec. After that more will be put on the sites
Old 08-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I got my baby from my sister,so I guess you could say I saved her from her kids...Her name is Dutchess and she is the Queen of this house...lol...she has both hubby and I very well trained...She is my constant companion and is never far from me...

She throws her food at us,thankfully it is dry food...and we have to try and get it from her before she throws it at us again...its a game to her...

Patti Dutchess does the same thing,if she has to go outside she will sit right in front of us and stare us down...lol...

Since Glen has been in the hospital she has been a little lost without her Papa here to rub her belly...

Smiles & hugs...