Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 06-16-2002, 09:10 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Crazy, wacky, silly, goofy cats!

What goofball antics does your cat perform? Tell us about them!

I have an elderly cat who refuses to drink from the water bowl. You have to turn the bathroom sink on to trickle so he can lap it up LOL He also loves ice cream and won't leave me alone when I have a bowl!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-20-2002, 07:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have a pint- sized kitty who loves to sit in my lap when he is very tired. Salem(the kitty)would let me pick him up while he was in my lap and hold his front paws, one in each hand, then , with some music on, I would make him step back and forth to the music. Yes, he actually seemed to like dancing with me!!!
He is such a cutie!!
Old 06-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Goofy Cats

We have 4 cats and 3 of them sleep with my son. They all crowd around him when he's sleeping with the oldest one sleeping on his stomach. If any of the others try to sleep there he will fight until they give up. With my son lying there under the fight.

Jackie s
Old 06-22-2002, 11:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Crazy, wacky, silly, goofy cats!

My cat, Daisy, sits on her hind legs, like a prairie dog. She always does this at the stove when I'm cooking. Sometimes she will sit this way near the refrigerator so a friend of mine says that she is praying to the Refrigerator god. This is especially funny since Daisy weighs a dainty 15 pounds.
Old 06-22-2002, 05:25 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi - first time poster! We have 2 10 yr old cats, Jesse & Janey, brother and sister, though they couldn't be more different (Jesse is HUGE, black and sleek like a seal, Janey is tortoise shell, fluffy and frizzy). Jesse sleeps either as close as he can possibly get to my daughter, almost pushing her off the bed, or between my husband and I. Janey fetches. She has a little cloth ball that she brings us in her mouth, and she stands there until we throw it for her, then she chases it and brings it back. For hours if we let her! They're 10 years old and she's been doing it since she was a kitten and it's still so funny! She also lines up the dry cat food along the ledge of the water bowl, pushes them in, then fishes them out with her paw one by one.

Great to read that everyone else has crazy, adorable kitties too!

Laurie
Old 06-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

crazie cats

I have 3 cats, none related. Two are the same age and one is a year younger.
I got Bubba first only to find she has a food allergy. Earl came along shortly after and he like to lick everything, he helped keep Bubba clean when she was ill the few few months we had her.
A year later my son had a name for a cat but we didn't have another cat, when I went to the local pet store to get the special food for my allergic cat I saw a kitten there that fit the name, she came home with me, her name is Fudge Farley, Fudgie for short. She looks like a pice of peanut butter Fudge, she is brown and orange and cream and white. She also plays catch like the other cat someone mentioned but she is slowing down and would rather just bat the ball and warch you go fetch it. They bring such joy to our lives. My son lives with me, he is in college. We fight over the cats and the cats play along, they are fickle, they sleep in my bed, on his bed and just about anywhere they please. When I have been ill I have all 3 cats in bed with me. They know these things.
Earl still licks everything in sight including me! yuk! but he does it as a way to relax.
Bubba is a tiny cat due to the fact she was 7 months old before we knew what was wrong with her, she just didn't grown much. They all eat the special lamb food. None of them are finiky eaters.
They also respond to being called when they have been outside for a while.
They are social when I have company...they are not like most of my friend's cats.
Ruth
Old 06-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle

Ruth:

Your cats sound like so much fun. Our cats are person oriented. Miss Kitty is my daughters cat and she will have nothing to do with anyone else. When my daughter was gone for a week due to work. (she was made assistant manager where she work after only being there 10 months), Miss kitty would come to me but once Melissa come home it was like Oh well I don't need you anymore. Freds kitty called Lucky wont have anything to do with anyone but Fred even if he is away. I took care of him when my son was away and he scrached the heck out of me when I took care of him. The other two kittys are JC jr (for Johnny cat jr), He's a solid gray kitty and so large that people mistake him for a wild cat. He's a lover he will go to anyone and everyone for petting. Finally there is tigger. He's a kitten who we found. He was so thin you could see his ribs but he is doing great now. I haven't been around him to see what he is like.

Jackie s
Old 06-23-2002, 09:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Like Laurie 09's Janey, our kitty Lucien also fetches like a dog. He runs after his soft ball and trots back with it in his mouth- so cute ! He also drops stuff in his water bowl and fishes them out for fun- maybe these are related behaviors since Janey does the same. Lucien is a 1 1/2 yr old male foundling. Seems like the older he gets the less inclined he is to fetch, though. We hope that he doesn't lose his great talent !
Old 06-24-2002, 01:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Minx sharpens her claws NOT on the furniture, but on the brick hearth fireplace.

Chutzpaw's favorite place to sleep nowadays is on top of the scanner, using the zip-drive for a pillow.

I have an interesting anecdote about Minx. I take a medicine that is a weekly shot. I mixed it up, one time, and left the prepared syringe (capped) on the kitchen counter, till hubby got home from work to give me the shot. But when he got home, the syringe was gone. We looked EVERYWHERE, even moved the stove and fridge out but to no avail. Minx loves to bat things around the kitchen floor, so I figured she had played with it. I ended up mixing the next week's shot up and taking that, and called the drug co. and they laughed with me and then mailed me a replacement shot, bless their hearts. Nearly a month later, I walked into the kitchen and there it was, sitting smack in the middle of the kitchen. I called the drug co. and they said to throw it out; turns out that story is now in their customer service files!

Rani
Old 06-26-2002, 01:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

We have a 3 yr old kitty named Mike. He is very ornery; but much loved! One of the things Mike likes to do, is when I get down to say my prayers each night, he gets on the bed, puts his head against mine until I am done! Then, he curls up beside me and goes to sleep.
In the morning, I usually get out of bed before my hubby, so Mike waits a few min. and if he doesn't get up, he will run as hard and fast as he can, jumping against the bedroom door until he either knocks it open or the noise gets dh awake!
Cats are a law unto themselves...and altho sometimes we feel like we should be locking Mike into a room by himself, we love him so much, he ends up putting happy smiles into our hearts. Even Misti, our 10 yr old lab ends up giving up her bed to Mike! Is he one spoiled kitty or what?!?