Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 06-28-2002, 09:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Crazy, wacky, silly, goofy cats!

My cat, Daisy, who sits like a prairie dog does several other things too. She sleeps on her own pillow at the head of my bed. If I am ill, she touches me throughout the night. She also has to talk to me when I first get out of bed. It's like she's really holding a conversation with me. If I don't answer back she will swish her tail angrily and leave the room.

The cutest thing she does though is come to me when I sing "Bicycle Built for Two. She is definitely a hoot!
Old 07-07-2002, 09:12 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle The fun of catz

We too have joined the ranks of certified
cat ownership. As a child, I was allergic
to cats, so we had a dog. When I was pregnant
with my fourth child, we went to the swimming
pool. As we came back, we opened the van door
and heard a tiny mew. I looked under the van
and there was a tiny kitten, about 8 weeks old.
We took her to the vet, told them we'd found
her, had her checked out. Took her home.
As a first time kitten owner, I was concerned
that it would be lonely at night, so we set
up a "crib" beside our bed, and cuddled it
every night before putting it to bed. Well
needless to say....our daughter is 7 years old
now, and the kitten is 7 years old. Our
daughter is no longer in our bedroom .... but
you guessed it.... the cat is. Every night
she comes and lays on my feet. Every night
she lays on top of me. If I lay on my side
she perches on top. This is the only time
of day she acknowledges I exist. Mitsy
(her name) also has been in the bathtub
with my kids (somewhat accidently somewhat my
choice). She has a penchant for staring down
the bathtub and sink drains, waiting for a
mouse to come out. She loves looking at
running water, and often sleeps in the sink
or hamper. This cat has given us many laughs
and enjoyment.

At this time we have 5 cats. It's a crazy addiction.
Our dog gets along well with most of them. Our food
bill is getting out of control.

Strangely, I have very few allergic responses
anymore.
www.AnswersInGenesis.org
www.chp.ca
Old 07-14-2002, 11:21 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

just got back from a weeks vacation, tent camping, sure could have used a dog, the racoons were unforgiving.
When I got home my 3 cats, 2 mine 1 by DS's ignored me, walked right past me as if I were a stranger. One made up last night and snuggled while I watched TV and the other took til today to finally come onto my lap and snuggle while I was reading a weeks worth of email. Thanks goodness, I thought they had converted to my DS instead of me.
Ruth
Old 07-14-2002, 12:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle CATS, CATS, AND MORE CATS

Right now we have 4 female cats (and 3 babies) living with us - 2 ours and 2 DD's. Ours are about 6 months younger than hers. when they first came hers went into heat. ours had never done that but you can bet - they too went into heat. what a loud moaning place this was. Since then we had one spayed and one got PG - she just had her babies yesterday.

we have tried to keep the other cats away from her until the babies are a little older but this morning I heard a funny noice coming from our room. When I went in there were two of the other cats trying to peek over the top of the box and the mother cat was growling like a dog. It was the funniest thing to watch the others trying to get a little look. Momma does not want anyone in there and will block the view of the babies if you stopped near her box.

Of the 4 big cats one has a major birth defect with her chest cavity so she is very tiny compared with the others. We have a wire with bits of heavy paper that the cats all love to play with. Some of them just set on the couch and try to catch it that way but Little Bit can jump over 3 ft to get it - when she gets it in her mouth then she pulls it out of your hand and drags it off to play by herself. After she gets tired of it she will bring it back to us or give it to one of the others.

It is a healthy thing to have a cat to pet. It lowers your blood pressure and lowers your stress level. They say people with a cat live longer than those who don't. Many care facilities now either let pets be brought in to visit the patients or have cats or little dogs living there all the time. Pet threapy is very important in working with some children with emotional problems. Just a few facts that I have run across or know from experience.

Have a wonderful day

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Sandy,
One of my cats, Fudgey, use to be a therapy cat for a nursing home but I had to stop since it made her very stressed out. The patients loved her and she was a gentle as can be but she would get so scared. I do believe that they do lower your BP. I can feel tension drain right out of me when the cats are snuggled up with me in bed.
Ruth
Old 09-28-2002, 11:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Silly, goofy wacky cats!

Believe it or not, we actually have a cot that rocks in our rocking chair that is on the front porch. Bufont(that is the cat's name)is the rocking chair cat. When he gets sleepy, he walks up to rocking chair and jumps into the chair so hard that it rocks slowly
for a few minutes(anywhere from 1 minute to 5 minutes). Now that is what I like to call a silly, whacky, goofy cat!!!
Old 09-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

crazy wackie...etc cats

During the rest of the summer we decided to get a kitten....her name is Kitkat...we went to the local SPCA, she had tracheorhinitis (cat equivalent to kennel cough) she also had an eye infection.
She was isolated as much as one can with 4 cats. Not long after Bubba got the eye infection, and had to be treated with meds, then the kitten needed new meds since she didn't get better, then out of blue and unrelated to Kitkat Fudgey got real sick, they think Toxoplasmosis but due to lack of funds we never did bloodwork except CBC's. Her white count was elevated and she had a fever and wasn't eatting or drinking and was started on antibiotics for the presumed illness. She stayed at the vets for a few days, or was it longer...seems like forever and seems like a long time ago now. We brought her home and kept her on the antibiotic and kept her isolated in my room, she slowly got stronger and is now out and sociallizing a bit, still is less then tolerant of the kitten. Fudgey is still weak but seems stable, she may have some damage due to the illness but she is in no pain now and is happy.
This would have been a good time to have pet insurance. I am still paying the bills.
Ruth
Old 10-29-2002, 07:46 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb Cats that Think They're Dogs!!

Hi there!
I have had some pretty crazy cats. My cat Rajah thought he was a dog (he was raised as a kitten with three puppies). I lived in the South Pacific, and there were packs of wild dogs that ran around and started fights with our sweet, dometicated dogs! Rajah, my cat, would run full speed, the second he heard our dogs being attacked. He would jump into the middle of the fight and leap onto the backs of the bad, wild dogs. Hair would fly as he scratched their backs continuously until they ran off into the jungle yelping! Rajah saves the day, yet again! Our dogs were forever grateful to him! Talk about a crazy cat!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:36 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

shocking My cat likes to window hunt-LOL!

If I put her outside she will jump full-body on to the screen door like let me in...I wanted her to get out there and hunt like her mom did, nope...not her. She wants to hunt in the window where it's safe-LOL!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I HAVE ONE THAT NEVER GOES OUTSIDE. IF WE PUT HIM OUT HE JUST STANDS THERE LIKE A FROZEN STATUE.

You will be forever missed Breezy...

Love, Your FC Family