Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Old 06-24-2002, 05:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

EJaginLa,

I think you have to have the crazy, wacky, silly,goofy dog award of the day! I have NEVER heard of a dog chewing off the front tire of a lawn mower!

What a laugh!

janet
Old 06-25-2002, 07:01 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

We have two "puppies" who are about 9 months old. Honey is a full-bred Golden Retreiver who now weighs about 70 pounds! Her Half-sister is Crystal, Border Collie Dad and Golden Retriever Mom.

These dogs love to eat anything, including napkins, and sticks. But, the strangest thing of all is that they eat socks and underwear WHOLE. I know it sounds gross, but it's not really. It's mostly pretty frustrating and quite hysterical.

If we ever get another dog, I want a teacup chihuahua!
Old 06-26-2002, 02:44 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

crazy dogs

I found my refrigerator door open a couple times. One day I caught my beagle fliiping it open with her nose and looking at the contents longingly. I had to put some velcro on it to keep it closed.
We used to live on a corner. My little mutt loves barking at anyone or anything that is outside. He would bark at the front window for a while, then go to the back to the family room window to see if the person was waling around the side street as he soon figured out that that often happened.
The first dog I had seemed lonesome. I went to the shelter and got a mutt that had just had five pups that were adopted. She still had the mothering instinct and treated the older dog as if she were her pup, pulled her around by her ear and groomed her face. We later had a beagle join them and the beagle would put her head in front of both dogs when the one was grooming the other and had to wait till that was done before she got her grooming. The dog even groomed my ex's mustache. Yuck!!!
Old 06-28-2002, 08:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Maggie keeps us laughing!

Maggie is a mix of Dachshound and Miniature Schnauzer. And boy is she silly ... and cute. She has these long white eyebrows that stand out against her black fur. And when she's all excited, she quickly plops her butt down hard and looks at you funny with her head tipped and her Gremlin ears perked up. But one of my favorites is when she comes to kiss you in the face and then hacks in your face ... it's a classic! How lady like, no wonder we're always laughing at this darling we found beat up at three months old. She was sent to us from God, that's for sure! God Bless All!
Attached Images

Last edited by KristinW; 07-09-2002 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky My Goofy Critters

EJan, I can empathize with your situation. I too have a Siberian Husky. This is not a breed for the faint hearted. My Shaq Monster is 7 years old, his partner in crime is a sweet little mutt named Daisy Mae.

Although Shaq is 7, he is forever a puppy in his heart. When my DH and I shop for food, Shaq and Daisy patiently wait for us to empty the sacks. They know that lurking somewhere inside the bags are the Denta Bones. They know what the package looks like and Shaq will sometimes find the treat before I get to them. When this happens he will rest his head on the bag and rustle the package, howl, cry, speak, whatever it takes to get my attention. As I open the package, Shaq and Daisy dance and do every trick they know without commands When they finally do get the treat, Shaq proceeds to the living room to do his weekly ceremonial dance around the Denta Bone. Daisy Mae insists on being locked into her cage where she watches this horse of a dog perform. Daisy doesn't touch her bone, she patiently waits for Shaq to finish, knowing he will come and stare longingly at her bone, at which point she will then eat her treat. We love our critters so very much, they are every bit a part of our family as each of us are. MK
Old 07-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Our dog is a 4 year old chocolate lab. He hates fireworks and thunderstorms. A few weeks ago, he got spooked and climbed out of his 6 foot high enclosure. The gate on the deck was open, so off he went. We were afraid he wouldn't find his way back, since we had just moved, but a couple of hours later, he came strolling up the sidewalk nonchalant as could be.
This past weekend, it was lightning and thundering alot and my dh heard knocking on the back door. There was Tucker- soaking wet and wanting in! Now that he knows how to climb out of his pen, we'll have to figure out a way to keep him in there again.
Old 10-05-2002, 08:56 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

teacup chihuahua

Hi KelliS,
We just put our wonderful golden to sleep last year (skin cancer). Four months ago I finally talked my hubbie into another dog---a Chihuahua. Our golden never ate anything we didn't give him , But our chuhuahua, named Jazer, will eat anything. She even steals lettuce from the guinea pig, right our of the cage, if the pig doesn't run to the far corner fast enough. It is the most annoying thing to have a dog eat EVERYTHING She is just the funniest dog I have ever seen though, and we love her bunches

Has anyone out there ever had a chihuahua? How in the world do you potty train one of these (my hubbies face when he finds one of her deposits.

ON THE FUNNY SIDE , Jazer also hides every thing she doesn't eat. And anywhere. She even get her treasures neatly tucked into the crevices of the couch (vacume cleaner don't eat what dogs do). She takes her treat and runs whinning until she finds one of her many hiding spots.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky crazy,wacky,silly,goofie dogs

Hi Teacup,

My dog princess is my life? Besides my dh & dd almost 10yrs old. We got princess a year ago. She is just wonderful she is 1 & 1/2 now but of course when one of us comes home from being out she has to run pick up her bone and run around with it while she's jumping on us. When myself and my dd go away for a day or two she is left alone with my dh she won't eat all she does is mope around until we come home. She is also spoiled because if she has to go in the yard to do her thing she won't go unless I put her out. My dh or dd will get up to let her out and she won't go if I get up to put her out she usually goes right out the door. she is a nut. But she is my second child and is very attached to us.
We are lucky she is such a good dog.

Millie
Old 05-03-2003, 06:53 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by juliebelle
Lordy, don't even get me started on Lucy! She will be 12 this summer and we've had her since she was 5 weeks old. Several years later with our friends on a road trip we wrote the song, "the ABC's of what Lucy has eaten". But that's another post......

Hey we have a Lucy too!!! She too eats anything and everything. I like it when she c o c k s her head like the RCA dog. I posted a picture (a few) on share you dog pictures thread. She spazis out she'll be rolling on her back acting all weird. She knows how to spell too - well when I spell she knows what I'm talking about - out, pee, ride to name a few.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

We had a beautiful wolf/sheppard mix that was the best dog that you could ask for. When their owner found out that their dog had mated with a wolf they put the rest of the liter down. Well, Sam would keep running from bed to bed each night to make sure the kids were breathing right before she would settle down. One night when my son had a very bad cold, she came to my bed and dragged me on to the floor. She then proceded to drag me into Taylor's room. It was a good thing we rushed Taylor into the hospital. When we came home my husband had told us that Sam had not left the front door while we were gone. I miss her so. We now have 5 dogs, 1 shepard/lab mix, 1 rotti/shepard mix, and 3 purebred shilo shepards 1 year olds. Last year we had 2 kids climb over our 6 foot fence looking for something to steal. They quickly went back over the fence with the rotti mix dangleling off 1 kids behind. That kid won't be back & be limping for a few days. The police said that if the kid would call them to say they got bit by our dog, they would just charge them with trespassing. Now the 3 shilo's think that they are lap dogs and they each are the same size as Marmaduke. We buy them stuffed animals at garage sales( it is cheaper than my furniture) for chew toys at the highest price of 25 cents. The rotti doesn't think this is fair and will go around and steal all the toys and then lie on them. She is saying they are all mine and back off. These huge monsters will come wimpering to us and say the she stole all of the toys again. this is a full day event, everyday. The other dog will just go around the house shaking her head as if to say I am the only one sane in this house of loonies.