Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Sammi, I never had my ear lobes chewed on by dog or hubby, another old dog..ha ha .

Maybe your doggie can teach my hubby some new tricks? ha ha ha.

By dog is not a chewer..unless it is icicles, branches, or acorns. I think she was tied outside alot when she was young. I adopted her from the shelter.
Anyway, her back teeth get tartar, so I am always cleaning them, and the vet cleans them too..they have to knock your dog out, so now that she is older, it it much harder for her..so I hate to put her through unnecessary things.
Anyway, cleaning is helping her.
And she eats dog food only, and that helps too.

Have a great day!
Janet
Old 05-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
Kimmyo, great advice to remind everyone to check with their vet, to rule out if it is an internal problem.

The biggest problem with doggie breath is that we tend to want to spoil our pets with human food, or even some of the crazy treats they have for our pets..they do not always agree with their systems, especially if your dog is aging.

I think if you clean your dogs teeth, and they still stink..call your vet for an appointment. Sometimes there is a bad tooth, or internal diseases, parasites, etc.

Keep your pets healthy!

Hugs, janet
Janet - you're right, bad breath can lead to a host of other health problems with dogs. That's why oral hygiene is so important - for all of us!

I was reading the "Dental Notes" on the Bright Bites website for some information as well, and it says:

http://brightbites.com/dental_notes/

"Dental disease is the most commonly diagnosed disorder in veterinary practices in dogs in the United States. Most will have dental disease by the time they are 2 years old. Untreated dental disease can lead to loss of the teeth and cause serious disorders like heart disease or kidney failure."

This is some serious stuff! I'm grateful for all your suggestions - I am going to take note of them.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Flutterby, I take care of my dogs as if they were my kids...except they never ask to borrow the car, or request new clothes. lol

My Sydney is 9-10 yrs old now. I now put her on doggie vitamins, and vitamins for her joints. I notice she is getting a little stiff...until she sees a rabbit, or a leaf blowing thru the yard...then she is a puppy again, wild and crazy. lol

I would be lost without my dog, eventhough I know that day is coming.

So hug your pets today! Along with the kids too!

Janet