FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Pets & Animals (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/pets-animals/)
-   -   What kind of small pet do you have??? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/pets-animals/2160-what-kind-small-pet-do-you-have.html)

katiebird1487 06-10-2002 04:15 PM

What kind of small pet do you have???

We have a little, wild box turtle. His name is Buster. My brother keeps him in a 6-inch wide glass bowl with some aquarium gravel
and about a cup of water. He is so cute!(I am talking about the turtle.) We found him right outside of the side door to the house.
Just how often does that happen? Being a turtle and a small one at that, he is not very active. We could never hurt him intentionally/unintentionally because he would get lost very easily and we have the kind of house with many little nooks and crannies that he could squeeze into.
He is the smallest animal member of our family. ::-):: :heart: :-: ;-) ^^ :worm:

LauraLee 06-10-2002 08:18 PM

We have a 9 month old snapping turtle visiting. It needs to be let go back in the wild now that winter and the cold spring we had up is over. DH found him last Sept. when he should have still be buried in his nest for the winter, so couldn't leave him outside to die. He was the size of a silver dollar then and is now the size of my palm. Being a snapper he really needs to be let go, we have a nice river running thru a wild life preserve not to far away and will take him there. ( Oh, we know it's a boy because of the way his shell is high and rounded or so said the science teacher)

Laura

katiebird1487 06-24-2002 01:38 PM

Wow! Usually we only find snappers when we go fishing. I saved one the last time that me and my father went fishing. He was about 6 inches long, and 3 inches high. I only had my little bug-net, but I managed to make him crawl into the net. After that, however, I went down to the water's edge and released him.
He looked around for a few minutes, then went on in. ;-)
Does your turtle bite?:confused:

LauraLee 06-25-2002 05:02 AM

No, it doesn't bite yet, but will soon so today is the day that we're going to release him back to the wild.
Laura

janet 06-25-2002 08:20 PM

Mice

Well, I don't have any small pets YET! My son wants mice for his birthday. So any good advice for us? What are the bad things about them? Are there any good things??? Do they live long?
I haven't the faintest clue about them, can you tell? LOL:-P::

All help will be appreciated!:heart:

janet:daisy:

LauraLee 06-26-2002 06:02 AM

Well, we let the turtle go yesterday. Took him over to the river that runs thru a wildlife reserve. When we put him down at the water's edge, he walked right in and stated swimmimg around. There was alot of vegetation and small bugs and fresh water shrimp in the water so he will do all right.
Laura

PrairieRose 06-26-2002 06:44 AM

We have a toy poodle puppy. She's about 9 months old now and the best dog in the world. She's *almost* perfect :-P:: . Maybe this isn't as small as you were wondering about but she's pretty small!

MomsZoo 06-26-2002 01:03 PM

Small Pets

We have a 10 week old rabbit named Honey Bunny Foo Foo :p

kaphil 06-26-2002 04:12 PM

small animal

To anyone thinking of getting the kids mice, have you considered a rat or two? In my experience they're cleaner, smarter and sturdier, you can teach them tricks and make them your best buddies.

janet 06-26-2002 07:20 PM

Mice or Rats!

Man I am having a hard time with thinking about getting my teenager mice, but rats...:eek: That sounds even scarier! lol
The mice he was looking at are small, kinda cute. Not large like a field mouse. I just hope they don't live 10 yrs!ROFLMAO

janet:daisy: