Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 07-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Nine Year Member

My dd has three ferrets. Willie, Ryley, and Lassie. Two boys and a girl. She bought a ferret (or small animal) play pen for them. You should see them play. LOL Cute little critters, but they stink.

I also have a cat. My Valerie. She's part Tabby and part Calico.

Mrs.Maniac----I like that reference. Lizards are snakes with feet. LOL Lizards bring back a memory of when my DS was 2. We wnt into a pet shop and he saw a cage with lizards int it. He said, "Mommy look at the baby dinosaurs." LOL

Well I'm rambling, again.....

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 10-04-2006, 08:19 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

We have 14 pets in my house hold they are
0ne cat named Lynx, one hamster named Jack, two rabbits their names are Candice and J.C. and ten fish they don't have names they are tiger barbs.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I have a small dog,she is poodle/spaniel/terrier and bishon frize.She does not shed and has no dander which is great because of my allergies to dog hair.Her name is Dutchess.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

we have many pets of all shapes , and sizes
2 aquariums of tropical fish, two canaries, one ****atiel , a maltese named oscar and a boxer named sarah
Old 01-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We just brought home 2 rats last evening. My almost 8 year old son is having trouble letting them get situated (we won't take them out of the cage for a day as reccomended) They are cute as can be. Ds has been wanting a pet of his own for some time now. We had 2 indoor cats which both passed away & have not really had an inside animal for about a year. Anyway, we had been leaning toward Ginea Pigs, but we talked to several differnt pet stores & they all recommended the rats. They are very inquisitive & friendly. I am a bit worried because the box we brought them home in (we were over an hour drive from the store to home,) had brown & green poop in it. Some poop was mushy. Also, one seems to be sneezing. Is any of this cause to think one could be ill? I think the mushy poop could just be that they went tee tee on top of it, but the green color? Sorry to be talking about bodily functions, but I am already attatched to them!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The smallest pets we have are chihuahuas. lol

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:48 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

MKS--rats are wonderful pets!! The green poop could be either a result of their food, or the stress of moving to a new home. Also, if one is sneezing, it could be a result of a cold. I just wanted to give you a quick warning--that the pet store may not have told you. DO NOT use wood shavings(pine, cedar, etc) for bedding--the oils are toxic to rats. Also--they love toys--I buy mine the hard baby toys from the dollar store, lol.

I hope you enjoy your new pets--hehe, even my dh has grown attached to ours, and he was very "iffy" about having rats.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Mrs. Maniac, Thank you for answering! The poop in the cage is all normal looking that we can see. We got them from Petsmart & we talked to at least 5 different workers & 4 of them were rat owners. They were very helpful & knowledgeable. They did mention the bedding. We got the fluffy looking stuff. Now we are having a little trouble trying to pick them up. Now that they are home, I am timid & don't want to spook them or get bit. They like to sniff us & will put their teeth on us. I would call it nibbling. Certainly not true biting. I seem to remember one worker telling us not to put their shelter in for the first week so they couldn't hide from you. It is too late for that & their shelter is too big to fit out the door. They still seem happy & healthy. I'm glad for that.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I forgot to mention their names are Naked (he is hairless) and Squeek. Yes, my dh was also very hesitant & is slowly warming up to them. I hope to get some pictures of them, but they are moving or sleeping in their hide-y hole.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:19 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My dd's preschool teacher gave us a Brown Anole last Wednesday. It's a tiny lizard. It's actually really cute. We named her Annie Anole. Anoles don't like to be handled so it's a pet to be looked at only. I had to do a lot of research online because I had never heard of a Brown Anole before we brought it home. I had to buy her a new cage because they need at least a 10 gallon cage and I bought her a basking perch w/ hiding spaces behind it and Saturday I bought her a branch to climb on. She has a heating/basking light & a UVB light, I have to mist her cage w/ water at least twice daily, and she eats live crickets. The crickets are the worst part. They're hard to get out of the container, they'll eat each other, and they can bite the anole.

It's odd how you can get so attached to a pet that you didn't even plan to get. She's a reptile, but she's "my" reptile & I love her already.

If I can figure out how to make the pictures small enough to attach them I'll post a picture of her & her cage.

So now I have an American Bulldog (Bella), a cat (Shadow), two goldfish (Allie & Spidey), and a Brown Anole (Annie). My zoo is growing...and somehow I'm the only one who takes care of any of them. Remind me later that I don't want any more animals!

Have a great day!

Mindy

Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens...Chinese Fortune Cookie