Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 07-09-2002, 07:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Well, today was the day, we traveled 100 miles to a pet shop for mice! They won't have any till tomorrow and I wasn't going to make a trip back! This was suppose to be my son's birthday gift! Oh man, he started to look at rats and YUCK!! I didn't want no part of them...they were huge! I found a cage with Siberian Hamsters, they are smaller...well, we came home with a small baby one....about 3 inches long! It is cute!

So the birthday boy is thrilled and Mom is happy!

janet
Old 07-10-2002, 09:23 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Why do I get the feeling you are going to appreciate the gift more than he will? I think hamsters are cuter than mice, don't ask me why! Glad you found a happy medium, though
Old 07-11-2002, 05:47 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle SMALL PETS

I have a very, very small cat. She is a 21 year old Burmese and only weighs 4 pounds. She is a lilac-point. Her name is Mindy.

We bought her when we lived 'Down Under' and flew her back when we returned to Texas 6 years ago. There's no rabies there
so we had no problems getting her back.

I think she likes us!!!

SHIRALYN
Old 09-19-2002, 02:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi again everyone! I didn't mention my two hermit crabs last time
because I simply did not think about it. Their names are Richy and Lucy. They are named after the "I Love Lucy"show. Richy happens to be the larger crab. Since Richy is the larger crab, he gets the larger cage. I let them get their excercise by putting both of them inside of a cricket cage(like the ones you buy at bait shops). They can happily climb up and down the cage for hours and I don't have to hear them scratch for a little while.They really aren't expensive to care for, since they can and will eat just about anything,from lettuce and bacon bits(cooked)to crackers and sliced grapes.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am most definetly a ferret lover. I did had two a female named Sheeba which we had 8 years before she died and a male named Rascal that we have had over 2 years. These are the sweetest pets in the world.

My husband and I had always wanted ferrets. Then in February one year on valentines day Sheeba came into our lives she was only 5 months old and the darling of our lives. Although my husband has two children we can not have children our selves so our ferrets have become our babies.

It was an extremely sad day when Miss Sheeba died we both cried and Rascal has benefited from it greatly because we now both spoil him terribly. (sp)

Well I could ramble on about my babies for days but I won't just wanted to add my small pets to the discussion.

Lynn
Old 09-20-2002, 10:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

We have a Sibrian hamster(white) about the size of your thumb. DS calls him NIBS, he loves to nibble everything and loves to make shredded messes. He is cute and so much better than the mice or rat he wanted. Thank goodness!

janet
Old 09-21-2002, 08:00 AM
missmouse

hi. I just got a new ferret named Eve. It has been almost 20 years since I last had one and I can't believe I waited so long. She is wonderful and really enjoys playing tag with the cats and tormenting the dogs.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

:p The students that are in the third period class under Mrs. Mccann (the teacher of my Intro. to Biology class) pitched in and bought a male hamster from Petsmart in Greeneville,NC. they also purchased him a cage, bag of hamster food, and his own water bottle. Third- period class decided to call him Carleton.
Being a hamster , however, he is nocturnal and wakes up once in a while during class. Next Monday, the teacher told me, they will buy another one. The second cage is already in the classroom. It is more fancy looking than Carleton's cage. The third period class
also bought two frogs that I think are exotic. The frogs are green
on the top-half of their bodies and orange- red on the bottom- half of their bodies, with light brownish- black blotches all over.
The frogs are fed insects once every 3 days(that includes crickets,
tiny black bugs that look like ****roaches, and grasshoppers).
Old 06-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We have 2 rats, Frankie and Lenny,
1 Goldfish, Fred,
3 Danio Fish, Scooby, Shaggy and Velma
and a cat called Treacle.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:51 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

I just got two new female rats from a friend of mine. They're names are Mumma(because she raised a litter of babies at the pet store) and Honeybunch. They are absolutely awesome!! They were brought in as feeder-rats, but my friend fell in love with them and brought them home. That happens a lot, because she had 7 lol, which is how I got to adopt them in the first place. And they're not costing me anything, either, because she makes her own food and gives me baggies of it. Dh wasn't sure about rats in the living room, though. But now that we've had them for about a week, he's a bit better about it. He's worried about the smell...which doesn't happen if you clean the cage lol!!

We also have two rabbits, Baby and Nibbler. Two red-eared sliders(turtles), NoName and Over-Easy. A duck named Mr. Big Stuff. I had two chickens but had to get them a new home because they were getting quite loud. They are Angel and Gypsy, and I visit them often. And a tank full of fish that the kids have named and I can't keep them straight lol!! And four cats: Everest, Jagger, Pierre and Francois.

I'd like someday to have a python, but dh isn't budging on that one lol. He doesn't like snakes, which makes an iguana out of the question, too, because as far as dh is concerned, lizards are snakes with feet!!