Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
What is your kitty's personality like?

Our older kitty (11 mos.) is more laid back but very watchful over the house and my DD. If she cries, he is right there jumping up on her to see if she is ok. He likes to snuggle on his terms and usually only for a short while at one time.

Our little one (6 mos.) is getting spayed in the morning. She is still frisky and playful. She loves attention! I'm wondering if she will lose some of her playfulness once she is spayed.

The 2 kitties play wonderfully together.

What's your kitties like?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 10-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Our kitties are the same age as they are brother & sister.The male is quite,he likes to be petted on his terms. The girl wants attetion all the time she will let you know very loudly.Once she is pick up she purrs consatantly LoL.She is the bossy one of the two.I will be seeing about getting the male fixed here soon.Ds will be getting the girl fix I hope shortly after.They are about four & a half months old now.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnell3
Our kitties are the same age as they are brother & sister.The male is quite,he likes to be petted on his terms. The girl wants attetion all the time she will let you know very loudly.Once she is pick up she purrs consatantly LoL.She is the bossy one of the two.I will be seeing about getting the male fixed here soon.Ds will be getting the girl fix I hope shortly after.They are about four & a half months old now.
My girl and boy (kittens and kids!) are the same way. lol! Ever think that maybe it's just a "girl" thing--be it animal or human??

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 10-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I think you my be right LoL!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:09 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Our Rusty is 5, he loves company. When someone comes to the door, he is right there to see who it is. I think, depoending on how you smell to him determines whether or not you get any kitty attention. He is a momma's boy. He will be right on my lap no matter what I am doing. If I'm reading or crafting, too bad, he will lay on the project or book.
He is also like a puppy, he follows me every where.
He does seem to know though that if it is bedtime and I walk to the bedroom, he won't follow me in, he looks at me, I say goodnight Rusty and close the door. But as soon as he hears my feet hit the floor, he is right there outside the door waiting for me to come out.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Nine Year Member

My two cats both have distinct personalities. Cookie, who is 11, is very laid back. He loves all three of us unconditionally. Very loving. Now Simba, who is 6, is a maniac. He LOVES to play fetch with my husband. I am not joking either. He will fetch the ball and bring it back to my hubby to toss it down the hallway again. He will play this for at least an hour. He loves my hubby the most. He is so happy when my hubby gets up in the morning. He just follows him around, chattering with him, in meow speak of course. And he loves my son too. Greets him when he comes home from school, sits on his lap for loving, motor going a mile a minute. LOL And I am last on his list, as long as the two men in my life are not here, then and ONLY then do I get some love from Simba. He has a quirky personality, but I love him to pieces. Both my cats are big babies. And I love them both!!!

-John Wooden

Connie

Old 10-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I dont have any cats now as thay were old and died but thay thought that thay were the king of the house. and one that I found when he was abused and couldnt Purr I got him to trust me and then he slept in the bed with me but wouldnt let my DH touch me. he finally trusted got to trust him and we Had him till he was about 28 years old and we cryed like a baby when we lost him.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:53 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We have two kitties, hubby's is 1.5 yrs old, weighs 12 lbs, mine is 7 yrs old and weighs 27 lbs., he a maine coon, but they are both babies. when I get up in the AM, usually dark, I never know where they are but mine talks to me...he makes these very unusual noises but ever so sweet. Think he is always saying "Good Morning Mom"...I just love them...they are so precious. What's not to love about cats...they have an unconditional love to give!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

We have six, yes, six, cats, all female. Of this bunch, we had two- Lizzie and Natasha, each of whom had one litter. We were able to give away all but one of Lizzie's kittens, but none of Natasha's. Six cats is a lot, and I am currently trying to find good families to take three of them, because I refuse to take them to a shelter and none of the cat rescue agencies in my area have any room for them.

Anyway, they mostly all get along, and each has different personality quirks.

Lizzie is apparently half Siamese and half raccoon. She likes to mother everybody but Natasha, her sister, and is very sweet. She likes to play with ribbons and toys when interacting with humans, and she'll curl up on your lap or next to you on the couch if you're there for very long. She's the only cat who's outright afraid of our dog, but if the dog goes after her daughter, Lizzie goes into serious attack mode.

Anna, her daughter, is extremely friendly and loud-mouthed. MMYYYEEEAAAAAAAH! She's a tiger-striped kitty and is the largest of the bunch. She's calm and laid-back and likes to sit on the pool table and watch the other cats do stuff, but she will happily play with toys and people. She's my big bug hunter.

Natasha has calmed down over the last year. She's very shy of non-family members and will hide out when other people come over. She chirps in her throat when you walk by and will occasionally reach out with her paw to swat you as you walk by- kind of a "Hey, where are you going?" Tasha's a tiger also.

The rest are Natasha's daughters:

Polly, the large black kitty, is very sweet and pretty laid-back. She and her sisters chase each other around, but is Polly ever gets into trouble, it's almost always because she's watching her sisters do something and finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time. She loooooves one particular sunny windowsill in the home, but she will share it sometimes.

Trixie is the slender black kitty, and she's aptly named. She is VERY playful and extremely curious. She gets into trouble because she just does stuff. (Trixie, out of the cupboard. Trixie, out of the fireplace. Trixie, stop chewing every piece of paper you encounter. Trixie, out of the shoebox.) She zooms through the house in fits of kitty insanity.

Sugar is another tiger-striped kitty and she's just... Sugar. She tries to be spoiled rotten and is the best one about finding the warmest place to snuggle up. She won't curl up on your lap, but if you walk up to her and pet her, she will certainly allow you to do so. Sugar and Trixie wrestle quite often, but other than that, she's the princess of the bunch.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Kitties

My twokitties are as different as day and night.......Dude (they are both males and nutered) is the Duke of Earl...very regal....Whiskey is crazy...lol...we also have a dog....Buster who is male also nutered......who likes to hump the cats heads..lol....