Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have a menagerie of kitties, to say the least. However, two of them stand out in my thoughts right now. The oldest male, Garfield, enjoys being scratched between his shoulder blades and will let me carry him for a short time in my arms. He's also rather vocal when it's feeding time, or if he just can't find me. (What a big baby!) He's almost 2 yrs, btw. Another odd kitty of mine is Buttons, a year-old kitty who lives on my front porch. She is very quiet and a bit on the small side, but she loves attention. Buttons is still very playful, despite having had kittens. Seems like all of my cats lose their playfulness to a certain degree after having kittens...Even after they've been weaned.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I am more of a dog lover then cat lover but I like cats also. We have had several over the years. My husband recently wanted to get a mouser for out side but she likes it in better. She goes out in the day time if it isn't raining and when she goes out she let's us know when she wants back in. She will come to the door and meow. Some days she stays out all day other times she only stays out a few hours. She is more my cat then my hubby's. I take care of her and she won't come to him at all. She likes to sleep and play but not with toys, she wants me to play with her. She loves attention but doesn't like held. She likes her belly rubbed and the top of her head. She likes to rub against my legs and rub her head against mine. She plays a bit rough some times and bites, then I quit playing with her. We just got her about 3 months ago. She is about 9 months old. She is gray with yellow mixed through, tan feet and tan on her chest and under her neck. I named her Lacy and I do love her but our 1 dog hates her so we have to keep her in 1 room with a baby gate across the doorway when she is in. I wish I coud let her in with the family but she is scared to death of him and I don't like her feeling threatened.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Our little old man is 10/11 now, he is very very vocal, and more like a guard dog lol he doesn't like any other cat near the house and will chase them away. He loves the guys in the house but us girls dont get a look in. He rolls over for his tummy stroking too

Take time to recharge your batteries. It's hard to see where you're going when your lights are dim.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

talk about personalitys

we have 13 cats between the inside and barn cats, and each have their own personality, ours are all very conversational, they let u know exactly what they want and when, the two twins bella marie an gizmo want something they will follow u around moaning and jumping in ur lap, the blue point, he is just plain spoiled, he is the leader and he will let u know what, where and when,and u better jump to it, the other 2 raised from 2 days old on a bottle, they will jump on ur back, fly into ur paper or book, or just sprawl on u, and they all follow us around and with the chickens who do the same thing when i am outside i look like the pied pipper, then we have the cutest one jasper he is paralized from the middle of his back down, but he doesnt let it ge him down, we used 2 keep a diaper on him and put him to bed at night, then he could scoot out the door and be down the steps and in the yard befor u could sneez,so now we keep the food and water at his level and he stays outside, fit as a fiddle and happy as a clam, now thatit is warm weather they all just go in and out when they want, so most ever windosill has a cat lazing in it, we live in a house built in 1889, so there are a lot of windows, well id like to tell u more tails of these bratos but now they all want fed. [email protected] i must say we have the most spoiled and vocal cats i have ever seen, and they have no problem letting anyone know exactly what they want, all of our visiters just rofl,i wish i could show uall pictures but i dont know how to post them, uall have a great, usin down here in cat town send uall blessings, kat ps. if u would like to see pic email me and ill send them
Old 09-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We have two kitties: an nutered boy (9-12 y/o, we've had him 9, but aren't sure of exact age) who is snuggly on his own terms, and more playful now that we have a young semi active spayed girl (apporx 5 y/o) living in the house again, who also likes to snuggle on her own terms. But if one of us has a cat near them the other has to be close by as well, and yes occassionally ShereKon forgets that Anna has all for sets of claws (he only has back claws) and attempts to persue her in a short lived courtship (so to say).
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 10-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Over the years,we've had cats,fish,a turtle & dogs. Best pet by far,is Jasmine. Our newest member of the family. She is the sweetest animal,we've ever gotten. She wants attention,but has a laid back style.
Lance,always biting us constantly. Bad kitty.

IMG_3003.JPG (74.9 KB)

Jas,is a dream.

Not sure yet about posting photos. I'll figure it out. Just be patience w/me.

The Best Thing To Hold Onto In Life Is Each Other.
Audrey Hepburn

Last edited by Fenwick; 10-29-2009 at 02:08 PM.