Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 06-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

What weird foods do your cats like to eat?

I have a cat that likes to eat those little "midget"pickles. He is a very nice tomcat named Mario. I found out that he likes these little pickles about two years ago. That was back when his sister,
Daisy, was still living at our home. I was sitting on the front porch,
eating a bowl of these same pickles, when Mario and Daisy happened to walk up. Being the generous person I am, I offered them each a pickle. Both of them ate their pickles faster than I
could blink. That was one of the last times I would ever see Daisy, for she soon ran away and we have never seen her since then. I sure miss that sweet little cat.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sorry to hear about Daisy. We have "lost" a lot of cats over the years, too. Right now, there's Kit, who just showed up one day and never left. Then there's the mother cat and her four kids. They are a sweet family and we finally got them all fixed so their family will not get any larger.

They really don't eat anything weird. I feed them cat chow and table scraps--they'll eat almost anything! What's bothering me most about their eating habits is that they wait by the bird feeder, then pounce and eat birds. :mad:

Caroline
Old 06-06-2002, 01:59 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I had mother and son cats (3 years apart) and the mom loved yougurt and the son loved avacados and they both loved Jello! I swear it! Think that's a bit strange! : )
Old 06-06-2002, 05:33 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

I have 4 cats and they love vegtables, and fruit. One summer our garden tomato's were left on the counter and one of our little girls ate the whole thing with just the core left setting.. and the other one loves watermelon and apple's. she can hear you munching on apple's from another room. They are so funny. and we are blessed to have them with us. Rt.
Old 06-07-2002, 05:40 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

We had a perfect cat named Tiger. His favourite food was tea biscuits, and he would eat through a plastic bag if they where left out. We never saw him on the counters, nor did we have any idea he could even jump up, but he did.
Another cat Tubuck, (childish version of Tuown, which is Turkish for devilish one) sounded like the devil eating olives. Tubuck loved olives and went wild when they where offerred. Made gutteral very weird sounds eating them.
Our present cats, George and Riley, are fussy cats, nothing unusual and are both on low cat very expensive cat food and will only eat white turkey meat, which I don't think is that unusual.
Helen in Ontario.
Old 06-07-2002, 05:40 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Our darling little lady goes crazy over Hotdogs! She's even stolen them right out of our GS's hand has he was trying to eat. But even stranger is that she will not go near anything with fish. She even turn away from fresh swordfish off the grill!
Laura
Old 06-07-2002, 09:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Our cat is a pretty finiky eater. he only like one certain brand of Salmon cat food!

As a kitten though, he would tear through the bread bags and eat holes in the bread. What a sight it was when you would wake up in the morning. One night the little thing carried a slice of bread almost as big as him into our bed and plopped it right down on my pillow. I think he was giving me a present or something

Now t hat he is an adult he has stopped the bread raid. Though we sometimes catch him eating left over chicken from supper. If you offer it to him he won't eat it, but if you turn your back, he will steal it. Silly thing. We love him too much to let him know we see him
Old 06-07-2002, 09:41 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

My male cat loves cantalope & canned vegetables. When he was a kitten he stole the goop from the middle of the cantalope out of the sink while I was cutting up the cantalope. Thats how I found out he would eat melon.

He also comes running when he hears the can opener for canned veggies, greenbeans, peas, carrots or mixed vegetables.

The vet said it was ok for him to eat these things, but he makes it hard for me to cut up a cantalope or even eat one myself because he gets so excited & just won't leave me alone until I give him his share.

Other than that he eats plain old cat food. My female cat won't come near "people" food. But they have their own personalities just like we do.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:49 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

My son just got his first kitten and that cat will eat anything! Strawberries, oatmeal, bread, anything. Anything that is except his Iams kitten food. Doesn't like it, won't touch it. Eats from the older cats dish instead. Mischief is just that...Mischievious!
Old 06-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Helen,

I also had a cat that did the same thing with olives!! It was almost the same reaction that a cat has to catnip. She would roll the olive around on the floor, she would roll on the olive herself and make strange noises and purring sounds. She would do this for a long time before she finally ate it. I thought she was the only cat in the world that did that!!

Jenn