Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Liza, sorry about your loss as well. You lost your baby 4 days after mine. My loss wasn't too unexpected as we thought we were going to lose him last August/September. We didn't think he would last another day, must less another 14 months. However, we had just got back from a trip and I didn't get the chance to enjoy him as he just came down ill the day before we got back.

Poncho is eating, begging, and acting more normal now. This dog does NOT play and never has. About 2 months before Jet-Bo died, Poncho allowed himself to play with Jet-Bo and I got pictures because I knew that would never happen again. I am glad that I did!

I am glad that your dog is doing better in dealing with the loss. I think it all hit me when I went to get Jet-Bo's ashes on Monday. Now I have them next to the bed where I sleep.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
We had to put our Homer down this morning.It was not expected at all. He was a Walker Hound and my big baby. He has been getting himself in lots of trouble by getting loose and distroying gardens and chasing chickens, cattle, and goats. He got loose last night and came home with blood all over him so dh put him down . It was a hard thing to do but, the neighbors were complaining constantly about him , even tho it was not his fault some of the times. We have another neighbor that has two doga and a n other one with two dogs and they were the ones destroying things some of the time. I'm really going to miss my Homer(Goober). He was really a nut!God Bless you Homer
Old 03-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am so sorry for the loss of Homer! I know that had to have been tough. As someone who has been there to witness my animal being put down, I can tell you that it is peaceful. I know that knowing that doesn't replace the pain that you are feeling. I hope that time helps heal some of the pain. I still have times that I cry when I think about Jet-Bo as I know there will never be another Jet-Bo and all other dogs will be compaired to him. Hang in there.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What to do for the surving pet who is griving?

So sorr about your pet when My mom passed away she had 2 cats and about 3 days later one of them died so I let the other one sleep with me with a sweater of moms and a blanket of the other cat an it helped I had that one for 10 more years but It had to sleep with me all the time

Old 03-22-2007, 06:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I am sorry to hear about your loss of Homer. It will get better with time. I also was in the room both times when I put our dogs down, holding them. They both looked at me with love in their eyes and a calmness I hope I have when the time arrives. Both went quietly and peacefully.
There will be good days and bad days for a while. Hang in there.

Lizajane
Old 04-04-2007, 06:56 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

So sorry for your loss of Homer.It has been almost a year since we had to put our beloved ****er spaniel Becky down.It will get better it just takes alot of time.Oh i was in the room when she passed away and she seemed calm.Hang in there.

Mish
Old 04-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sorry that was sussope to say ****er spaniel.

Mish
Old 04-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Mish, sorry about your loss. It's been almost 6 months since I lost mine and I still find myself mourning. It seems easier with some deaths than with others.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Aww thanks.For the most part i do ok.I have another dog but she was my first one and she will always hold a special place in my heart.She was a good dog and lived lots of years.She had lots of ear skin problemns and behavior problemns.For the longest time she suffered major separtion anxiety.

But now that we have our other dog big difference between the two.

Mish
Old 04-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Jet-Bo had separation anxiety as well. He wouldn't eat or drink when I would leave the house. He was also overly protective of me and we had to watch him whenever someone would get close to me. I had a difficult time when I first got my puppy, who is now going on 7 months old. I kept comparing him to Jet-Bo, which is not healthy for him. So, I worked very hard at not doing that. It does get easier as times goes on, but I know that forever and ever, all dogs will be compared to Jet-Bo. We had a cat when we first got married who was so cute! She would use her paw to try to open my DH's eyes and do other cute things. She passed away after a long life. But, we still talk about her and compare her to the other cats. For example, we will say, "She does that like..." or "Do you remember when..."