Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:57 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Looking for Kitty Litter Recommendations

I have a 'automatic' cat box that requires what it calls "premium clumping cat litter" and I am having trouble finding the best one. I have tried Arm & Hammer clumping litter and Fresh Step clumping litter and both didn't work well at all and would fall apart when the litter box tried to scoop it out. I recently tried Tidy Step, it think, and it was ok. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't mind paying a little extra for something that works well but I am hating wasting money on ones that don't work at all (argh!). Thanks in advance!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi there!
I moved this thread to the PETS forum so that you have the best chance of getting your question answered quickly.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I use the tidy cat and find it does really good i dont have the self cleaning litter box but when i scoop it it doesnt fall apart

Old 09-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I use the Sam's Club brand of scoopable litter (although I don't have the automatic litter box) and I find that it holds together very well. The only problem is lifting the tub of litter into your cart, since it is so heavy!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My mom says that the Fresh Step scoopable is the best to use with that type litter box. I personally didn't like the automatic litter box no matter what litter I used.