Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I hate to play Devil's Advocate here but do you think that there is a possibility that this was a fake story to begin with?

Someone happen to break into the family's house and know right where to go to get to this kitten? Why was the newspaper contacted before the police?

If it was real, I wonder if it crawled off somewhere and got stuck and died? I sure hope not.

Can't wait to hear more!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:36 PM

Tami

Unfortunately No, it's not a fake story.. Grove City is about 5 miles from where I work. Our local television station did a story on the cat the same day as the newspaper covered it but not the followup story. Columbus has more than it's fair share of sicko's and home breakin's are on the rise here. In fact one of my co workers just last Saturday had a home invasion at 4am, her dh who is former miliary chased down the thief and held him down till the police came. Illegal immigrant, the police said they would deport him but he'd probably just come back across the border with a new name.

Anna
Old 07-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI
Tami

Unfortunately No, it's not a fake story.. Grove City is about 5 miles from where I work. Our local television station did a story on the cat the same day as the newspaper covered it but not the followup story. Columbus has more than it's fair share of sicko's and home breakin's are on the rise here. In fact one of my co workers just last Saturday had a home invasion at 4am, her dh who is former miliary chased down the thief and held him down till the police came. Illegal immigrant, the police said they would deport him but he'd probably just come back across the border with a new name.

Anna
It makes me sick to think that someone would stoop that low to steal their kitten. They probably think that they will make some money out of it---maybe even in the form of a ransom payment. It makes me so mad because there are lots of people like that around here too!

Poor little thing, I hope that they find it so that they will have an ending for the story. I would hate never knowing what happened to it even more.

Thanks Anna

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:54 PM

Tami

I am hoping whoever stole it will feel guilty and return it. We've had people who have stolen wheelchairs off a handicapped persons front porch... there are just some really mean people out there and selfish too.

Makes me doubly grateful for all the wonderful folks here on Family Corner.

Anna
Old 07-20-2006, 08:35 AM

Latest Update 7-20-06 Newspaper

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.p...720-B4-01.html

Still missing.

Anna
Old 07-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks for the update Anna. I had thought about the mother moving the kitten, we had a mother cat that refuse to have anything to do with one of her kittens that had problems. Our mother cat had a kitten back in April that couldn't nurse it died after about a week and a half.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:49 AM

sweetnell

you are welcome. Unfortunately we've never dealt with kittens/puppies as we've had each of our dogs and the cat we used to have spaded right away. I hope this story will have a happy ending, will keep you posted.

Anna
Old 07-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anna, thanks for the update. Unfortunately, some ppl don't have any remorse for the things they do.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!