Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 06-07-2005, 05:28 AM

Cau

My goes out to you and your family. I lost my first dog to that thing commonly called "stomach flip" she was a boxer/rotweiler mix and my dh and I cried harder over her than we had any family member, she was our baby.

Take Care and once you stop hurting so much, remember there are alot of other dogs out there that need a loving home and would be so grateful to be a part of yours.

God Bless.

Anna
Old 06-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thank you for your kind thoughts,cau

Old 06-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I had that problem with a chow of mine years ago. After medicine did not work I went to a holistic vet who suggested 500 mg of vitamin C per day (for a bigger dog, perhaps more but you want the vitamin C that breaks down slowly so as not to give them a stomach ache (sustained release) ). I was told it helped with a lot of hormonal problems that caused this kind of urination and at least for my dog, it worked. Good luck to you. My last dog had it for the last 2 years he lived. We just simply pulled up the carpet and wiped the floor a lot and are very glad we did.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

dogs

Hi this is Angel 619 and i need some one to talk to me . I have to put my Angel Baby to tomorrow . My heart just isn"t in it . could some one who has lost a beloved dog please pm me ? This is the hardest thing I ever had to do? Can I have help here?

Thank You
Angel 619

Old 06-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

angel616, I am here and no lie it hurts like h____. The only thing that keeps me going is that she is ok & in a better place. My grey was a wonderful pet and deserved the best, I know yours is the same. Remember this is about your pet not you. You must do what is best for her. E-mail me at any time
[email protected] . I am here for you. cau

Old 06-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

dogs

cau

thank you for being there . my angel goes today to be put to sleep. it is hurting me like h---.

hugs alot
angel 619

i'll be e-mailing you soon

Old 06-17-2005, 10:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I know it is hard to make this kind of decision but i worked at a shelter for 4 years and had to see so many animals who suffered because their owners could not put them down. You need to think of the quality of life of your beloved pet. I think it is a humane decision to help you animal go in this way. If you were suffering what would you want. I had to put my golden retriever of 13 years down and it was the hardest thing i had ever done at the time. She was ready though. I could see in her eyes she was not the same dog she used to be. I am sorry that you have to make this decision. Think of all the good times and love that was had with your animal. Make an album of memories that will live on forever.
Animals enrich the lives of everyone. They help you remember that simple things in life can be the best medicine.

in my thoughts, stephanie
Old 06-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

dogs

Hi Stepherlynn,
Thank you for the kind words. My son and I were in there with her . Oh my heart hurt for her she looked so lonley . At one point i wanted to tell the vet no. But I knew in my heart i was doing the right thing for her . I never loved an animal as much as i loved her. I can remember her little face those sad little eyes . Her way of huging you back . Man does this hurt so much I know shes in a better place and shes not hurting any more. I can't say any more cause all I want to do is cry. I'll miss her like h--- if you want to see what she looked like shes on the dog photo's her name was Angel Baby . Thank you for listening to me.

Hugs Alot
Angel619

Old 06-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Try to remember that grief is grief, an animal is part of your every day life. It will take a while to stop grieving. Weare having a really hard time. My dh took care of our dog and he keeps getting mad at himself as he misses her so much, but she( our dog) looked to him for everything. Even though she was an animal she WAS A HUGE PART OF US. It is ok to just miss her like h____. Remeber the good and hang on to it. cau

Old 06-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

dogs

I hope you didn't mine but I sent you a picture of Angel Baby thought I'd share it with you.

Hugs alot
Angel