Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 10-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Carol and Janet, thanks for coming over and checking my pictures of my horses out. Well the ? you asked do not feel you made a fool of uself, for u didn't and I have asked the same things. LOL
the only way to learn is to ask, and so far I still can't answer them for I still do not know nothing about horses smaller than hobo. For I not meet anyone yet with mini mini horses that lives inside. I know Hobo can get hi spirit and somex to me more so than stinkers.
Check n phone bk and see if there is a Miniture Association in your area, and call them and see if they can help you if you are really interested in them.
I know they are much higer than a normal mini horses is.
I did hear 1 case that the horse was trained to be a blind aid for a man that was blind....
one thing about horses is you teach a wrong trick to them and it almost take forever to break that from them. For they are smart animals but you better teach them the right way or pay for it.

I am the only 1 in family that loves horses like I do, it was based on a dream I had when I was 5 yrs old that came from a statement my grandpa said before he passed away. I held onto that dream too,
Hubby dream is to watach me ride Stinker 1 day, but I don't know if that will ever happen. and if it doesn't I can live with it, for I enjoy haveing him as a big pet and enjoy him as he is n pasture.

Janet I hope these answers will help you althought I know I really didn't answe them, for I do not know. but at least u know u are not alone in asking them. if I ever find out the answer will do my best to let u know.

Yes dogs can be around horses, no problem there, like Prissy. they learn to adapt.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

bar_bar's horses

bar_bar,

Thanks for posting those lovely pictures! Like I said before "The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man" (or woman of course!);-)

I was obessed with horses for as long as I can remember...finally my dad gave in when I was 11 and let me go on some group trail rides...of course I was hooked! After taking lessons for two years, they bought me one of the horses that I had ridden quite a bit...what a day that way. I was so blessed to be able to spend my teenage years with my horses...they were my best friends...especially the first Sundown's Treasure aka Sunny. We had so many adventures together and I learned so much. We had to eventually have him put down because he had a tumor on his pituitary gland that was causing him some severe problems but we had about 7 great years together. After that, I had a Morgan named Shawalla Shawman and a buckskin quarter horse named Call Mia Wes...she was gorgeous but a real stinker! I sold my horses when my ds#1 was 6 months (he's almost 5 now). I miss them but really wouldn't have the time to care for them the way that I would want to...when my ds#2 is a little older we'll start looking for a new one...gosh, this post has brought back some great memories.

bar_bar...I am so glad you are able to have them and enjoy just being with them...God Bless

Sandra

Old 10-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sandra do not give up on your dreams, as I was 41 yrs old with my first horse. My dh was a custom painter and someone needed work and had horses but not money, so they did a swap, I didn't want dh to do a swap, but when we talked with someone we knew that was a racher in horses, and good quality horses, he told us he been wanting this horse, but the guy that own him wouldn't sell him, and to take the swap for it was a excellent swap, we did, and have had Stinker since 95. We had to board him a few x's but now he has a wonderful pasturn to roam in. Thank GOD for that.

IF it is your dreams to have one later, and it is in GOD"S plans then hold onto those dreams, for you could get another in the future.

Proverb 16:3
Ps 37:4

Old 10-16-2003, 04:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Barbar, I know your answer was to someone else, but it did me good to see that. I too have always been obsessed with horses, but never had one of my own. Although we lived in the city, I always begged my parents to get a horse for me. They never did though. Now I've been married for quite a few years, kids are gone, married, families of their own, and I'm still holding on to that dream. My dh wouldn't let me have one until recently, because our granddaughter LOVES horses at the young age of two. So, that may have been the turning point in his thought patterns.
Now I am looking for one of my own for me to ride, but also, possibly a pony for the grandbabies to ride.
I never have, and never will let go of THAT dream. Even when I'm old and decrepit, if I don't have my own horse, I'll still be dreaming of having one in my yard.
Thank you Barbar, for those words of encouragement.
Sue

Heavenly Forecast: Reign Forever
Old 10-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thank YOU Sue, for letting me know this touch you.

I believe that GOD will talk to us thru others, and we never know how we touch somone else, unless they allow us to know, and we have problems in doing that as the human race. So thank you for letting me know.

With Hobo, he came wondering up to our yd, again GOD knew I wanted a mini horse, I called the sheriff for in Tx u do not want to be a horse theif, big x trouble when they catch a horse theif. so I called and told them about this little horse. and I didn't mind haveing him in yd just wanted them to know I was not a horse theif. LOL I kept this horse in back yd for almost a wk, and I told the LORD, GOD, you got to bring those owners for I am falling in love with this little horse, or either make a way for me to keep him.
that day I got a call from this woman that couldn't tell me about the description of this horse but she had one and she heard I had one in back yd. I told lady u got to tell me about him if he is yours. Fianally one thing lead to another and I realize it had to be thiers. I told her ok get u hub to come and check it out for I think it could be uers. it turn out it was, he wanted to know what was I feeding the horse, I said my grass. LOL he took horse home and later that evening that horse found his way back in yd.
this kept on and on, I finally told the man, if u have a problem of keeping him in your yd, and can't handle him, I buy him from u.
OH no the kids wouldn't allow him too. OK, well this happen again and again. Man asked me " Lady, what are u feeding my horse for him to continue to come to you, I said nothing my grass, and I am giving him lost of loving and care. Whart are u feeding him and doing for him.
His relpy was sand and a little amount of food, I knew from the very 1st x I saw him he didn't know nothing about a horse. and he didn't like the idea a woman did.
one thing lead to another. I bought the horse from him

Point to the story, GOD knew I wanted a mini horse, and couldn't afford it straight out, so thru this man that wasn't taking care of him, and didn't have the proper place for him, lead that man to let me make payments on that horse for me to have.

IF the heart is right with the LORD< and you have faith that the LORD does give us our desires. then it will happen.

Just let me know when you get your horse and send me a picture and description of that horse that u will have one day. GOD BLESS.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bar_bar - wow, that's quite a story! I'm so glad that Hobo found you, it sounds like he was meant for you!

Suealln - I hope it works out for you to get a horse.

Carol

Old 10-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

well all I know we have had lots of fun with Hobo, he lived in the back yard for almost a yr before we could build him a pen, for I didn't want him to have too much of the pastern and founder, now he has his own pen which you could tell in the picture. and the two horses likes to eat close to one another. In fact they have tryed thier harders to open the gate where they could get to one another to play, but afraid they would hurt one another.

Prissy would jump onto Hobo and would clean his eye for they would mate up on him, due to his tear ducts would run alot. Hobo would allow Prissy do this to.

I feel very bless to have these 2 horses.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

This thread has been inactive for quite awhile...Just wondering if there are any "horsey" people out there still?

My husband took me on a trail ride for my birthday week before last...it had been about a year since I had ridden...It is addictive and once addicted always addicted...I haven't owned any for 5 years because of the ds's...not enough time ...but my dh and I still plan on having them again when ds's are a little older...I am ready to start planning and saving NOW...

Hello to any fellow equestrians;-) Pop in and say hello!

Sandra

Old 06-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Yep, us horse people are still around! Ive loved horses all my life. I got started with riding lessons when I was around 9. Then had a friend in 6th grade who lived on a ranch and spent every waking moment there. Wed ride all day long. I begged for a horse, but my folks wouldnt get me one. Finally , when I grew up, I moved to Montana, got the horses Id always dreamed of having. Now in North Dakota, Ive still got them, and got a new colt last year. She just turned 1 yr on June 1st. I've been training her myself, and next year shell be broke to ride. I cant wait!
I used to do ALOT of trail riding in Montana in the mountians. but here in ND, there is not alot of trails. My dream here is to go to Medora and ride the MAH HAH DEY trail. My husband is up for that so I am glad.