Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 10-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

not sure if any one is still with this site or not, but found it and thought I would give it a shot.
I have 2 horses one is a mini and the other is not. I have dream of horses every since I was 5 yrs old. Praise GOD I have them now. I cannot ride them due to hip problems, but I love to watch them, and to baby them and thankful I got them

I have pictures of them if anyone would like to see them.
don';t mind sharing my stories of how Igot them either
Old 10-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yep, I'm here.
I don't have any horses, but someday, hopefully before I'm too old to ride, I will have my own horse. I'll probably have to board, since we live in the city. I know I'm gonna get a pony for my granddaughter though. When she turns five, she's gonna have one. Although my other grandbabies will be riding it too, it'll be mostly for her, because of her love of horses now. She sees a horse on tv or anywhere, for that matter, she gets soooooo excited. She's the only one of the four that gets so excited. But then, the two youngest are only one year old and 6 months. We shall see if they have the same interest as her.

Heavenly Forecast: Reign Forever
Old 10-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I love horses, in fact one of the things I fell in love with was the wallpaper in kitchen done in horses, so I decorated with curtains, and table cloth done in horses. Here is hobo the mini Palomino he found me and fell in love with me first. I name him Hobo due to be a traveling little bum not happy where he was and came and found me and didn't want to go back home and end up staying with me in the end. thought Hobo was a good name for him.

Last edited by bar_bar; 06-10-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

He is beautiful. He's tiny. How old is he? I wonder if I could get a mini and keep it in the city. Yep, RIGHT.
One of these days..........

Old 10-12-2003, 11:11 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hobo is just barely over a year,and you do know there are mini that are smaller than this, and some keeps those in thier houses.
I would love to thave the smaaller ones too. Hobo is a stallion too, and can get rought at times.

Here is my big Arabian gelding horse His name or nickname should I put it is Stinker.

Last edited by bar_bar; 06-10-2004 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Bar_bar,
He's pretty. Is all that land yours? Wow. If I had that much land, I'd have horses all over it. Probably have so many you wouldn't be able to see the land. LOL. Uh huh. Right. I WOULD have alot though. If I could afford alot. Realisticly though, I'd have at least 10. One for both of my children, their spouses, my grandbabies, and me. My dh doesn't like horses. He worked at a stable as a teen and got kicked pretty badly. And now, he won't go around a horse.
Anyway, I'm still gonna get one some day. Maybe two or three. We'll see.
Thanks for the pictures. I really enjoyed looking at them.
Sue

Old 10-13-2003, 06:57 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

yep all that land is ours, we want to sell the back 4 acres, and you always see that Hobo has his own pen away from Stinker, and both had thier own sheds. as been told that sometimes a stallion and gelding doesn't mix if they are a mini vs a normal horse. so I separate them.

they both are spoiled but Stinker is more spoiled than hobo is, and Prissy thinks they are both hers to watch over and care for. if something is bothing them, she will bark and bark telling me another dog or something is too close to the area and they are not suppose to be there. She doesn't even like the vet or the farrier around them unless I keep telling her it ok Prissy.

the other day when farrier was out to trim, Stinker hoofs were sore for I had gone to long without triming thier hoofs, and prissy could tell it was hurting Stinker she almost came apart, I had to keep her in the back yard between the gates.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:01 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sue after I wrote I remember something so I look back and realize my thoughs were right. Look straight behind Stinker that part of the land is ours. To the right of him is not next to him, for he is next to Hobo pen, but on the other side of Hobo pen is a neirghobors land. so that land you see on the right side is not ours, but is straight behind Stinker. It lots of land, we got all together a little over 8 acres.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bar_bar - I'm not a horse person, but I had to come see your pictures! Would you believe I grew up in the country, but never rode a horse? I've sat on one and been led, but never actually rode one alone. We did have two donkeys when I was growing up. My dad just loved them. They were fun, but one of them bit me in the middle of the back as I was crawling through the gate. Wow, it was hard to get free of him, he wouldn't let go, and I had a big bite mark there for ages. Their names were Bo and Maggie. So I take it Stinker lives up to his name sometimes? Oh, I mean being a little devil, not stinky! lol Do you ride? I bet that would be fun to ride a horse. We live in town now, but we do have 2/3 of an acre. Our home was built in 1883, and we still have an old barn out back.

Carol

Last edited by Songberries; 10-13-2003 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Bar-bar, Great pictures of your horses! I love horses too but never had the honor of owning one...I saw a place here that had mini-horses...what do you know about them? Can dogs be around them and I know some people keep them in their homes, but what about the mess...can they be trained to tell you when they got to go out? lol

Sorry, I know these are stupid questions, so just pick yourself up off the floor from laughing and answer them please.