Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 11-08-2002, 09:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

What a nice looking dog you have. Angel looks like she has alot of spirit in her and could keep you hopping! Congratulations on her progress. I tried to find training classes here...none available, I been reading books about obedience training but it is not the same. Sydney wants to play all the time and when she sees other dogs she loves to chase them out of our yard.

Now that I am raking leaves all the time, my dog now has decided to take up digging again...I thought the season of filling holes was over.lol I am putting her droppings in the holes...she just finds a new spot...maybe soon there will be droppings buried all over her area soon!!!

janet
Old 11-09-2002, 06:03 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
Now that I am raking leaves all the time, my dog now has decided to take up digging again...I thought the season of filling holes was over.lol I am putting her droppings in the holes...she just finds a new spot...maybe soon there will be droppings buried all over her area soon!!!

janet
Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to pick up the droppings and throw them away. LMAO

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 11-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

LOL! Hi Amanda!

We recently got a puppy. I should bring her out by Angel! She's part Sheppard/Golden Retriever. And sooo adorable. How is Angel doing with that come and staying in the yard. Now I'm chasing my rascal all over. And remember, I live on a state highway in town! She's given us quite a few scares. She's only about six months old. She goes in for her spay tomorrow but we're going to take her to obedience and agility classes soon. I heard seven months is best to wait till. We figured we'd just wait till then, after the surgery.

What makes training her more difficult is that I take her to the county dog park and talk to trainers. They tell me what to do, I do it, and Jim doesn't. I keep telling him we have to teach her the same commands and be consistent. But he just does his own thing. I don't know how she's ever going to learn.

As soon as I have a pic scanned, I'll post it. She's adorable! AW heck. I'm going to scan some right now. You'll see her pic in another post here in a minute! ... brb.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Brandy at 3mo old ...
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2002, 03:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

This is our Brandy now, at six months... my how she's grown and filled out! She is becoming such a beautiful young lady ... LOL.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

KristinW. What a cute dog! I bet she is a nice dog too. There are 2 dogs that live in my home, one is mine...a greyhound mix, and the other is my son's...a bordercollie mix. We adopted them from the shelter. I'll have to see if I have any pictures to scan and I will post them.

janet
Old 11-13-2002, 06:02 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Location: The North Country in New York State. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one whose dog escapes and digs holes.

Here she is, my little ragamuffin:
Attached Images

We must make our homes centers of
compassion and forgive endlessly.
~Mother Teresa
Old 11-13-2002, 09:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

MrsRoseofShara, yes, what would we do if we had no dogs to chase, or holes to fill back in. I guess they make sure we get our exercise! lol:p

Sydney is on the left (white & black, my dog) and Chipper is on the right(black,tan &white markings, my son's dog.)

They were both adopted from the shelter.

janet

Last edited by janet; 03-31-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:56 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Location: The North Country in New York State. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Janet, your dogs are a handsome pair. As you know, mine has given me moments of frustration from the word "go" but she's also wriggled her way into my heart to stay. I love her dearly, even when my DH grumbles about the holes in the yard that never seem to fill up completely. Where does she put the missing dirt??

We must make our homes centers of
compassion and forgive endlessly.
~Mother Teresa