Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 08-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Elizabeth, .. have you seen a Schutzhund trial?

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 08-20-2004, 10:34 AM

ewriggs

Thank you for the info. on Doxies I've never heard of them referred to that way. Here we call them Dotsons, don't ask me why unless way back when someone couldn't pronounce it

Anna
Old 08-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Amanda it was nothing you said at all. I totally agree with what you said. If you have a dog that is barking all hours of the night or day you need to do something about it, train it or bring it in the house. I wish I had that mans yellow lab, I just love labs. We had a black female lab several years ago and she was my baby and friend but she died of old age. I think I will never find another dog I love as much as I did her. I was going through some hard stuff back when I had her (she was 7 years old when I got her) and I use to talk to her just like she was my best friend cause she would look at me with those beautiful dark eyes of hers and seem to understand what I was saying.

Hey we should compare notes sometimes, you live in the desert and I live on a mountaintop. I would love to know what it is like living in the desert.

Thanks,
mouse
Old 08-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

hello everyone ,

i know i haven't posted on here in awhile but I have been very busy in my daughter running for princess in our town festival, that took alot of time .

To get back on the subject thanks for all your replies good or bad. Here is what I think----I do have proper shelter for the dogs they are in a dog run attached to the garage,they have ample food and water we also check it two times a day to make sure. They are one year old and huskie /german shepard mix. I understand that a dog is a compaion I have one in the house for protection.The puppies have plenty to do they get new toys or dog bones every weekend when we go to wal-mart, as well as playing with the girls. I am home all day --they don't bark all day or all night only when something comes to close to the house. And as anyone knows just cause we leave our animals outside doesn't mean we love them any less. We do have them for companions and for protection. We have nothing but trouble w ith our things getting stolen from us and even our nosey neighbor keeps throwing things in the dog run to make our dogs sick for example -2 baby birds ,rocks, peices of brick.

They are very weel taken care of and are in no way mistreated. The neighborsare teachers and retired so they don't work the graveyard shift, and yes I do hear my own dogs barking at night I tell them to stop and if they don't I go out in the middle of the night to see what the problem is. Our neighbors even gave us greif as to telling us we had put to much garbage in our alley where the garbage goes --I didn't know that a family of five could have to much garbage.what is the proper amount I didn't think there was.

I guess that is long enough for now if anyone takes this the wrong I am not mad at anyone just dissappointed in the way some of you came across.
Destyne 01/18/97

Old 08-23-2004, 11:14 AM

Dakaremom

Glad you stopped back in and glad you aren't upset. I guess I for one have to say I am absolutely passionate about dogs, we don't have children so our dogs are "our children" and living in the city I see some very heartbreaking animal abuse not saying that I thought that of your situation but I just love dogs. So I for one am closing out on this subject, I think you got more than enough advice but honestly... it sounds like you have a neighbor issue, not a dog issue going on here.

Anna
Old 08-24-2004, 04:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

that IS SOOOO SAD about your neighbors!!!!!HOW COULD they try to hurt YOUR DOGS!!!!!!!!?????????????? that should be taken care of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE you get to a good idea how to handle this sooon!!!!!!!!!!!! "pat the puppies" for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 04:50 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

the only way I can do somthing about it is if I catch them on video . That way if I am taken to court over it I can prove this. Last night Aug. 23rd the police were at our door again saying there was another complaint about the dogs barking and they didn't even bark but once or twice during the day ---I was going out to feed them and they were happy. I am at the point of getting rid of the pupps to to make my jerk of neighbors happy. But before I do that I think I am going to be very brave and ask them face to face some of their suggestions on what they think I should do besides get rid of the pupps. I am just so tired of this The problems have been going on for three years not just with the pups but with everthing.
Destyne 01/18/97

Old 08-24-2004, 05:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

dakaremom,

It sounds like getting rid of your dogs won't solve anything... It sounds like your neighbors just don't like you for whatever reason ,and have invested the past three years, in making you miserable.. Wether they're sane or not is another issue entirely.. anyone who would try to harm an animal.. I'd have doubts about..

But it sounds like you would be better off taking an offensive posture, rather than a defensive one.

Set up a security camera in the dog pen.. one that tapes 24 hours... so you can record exactly what goes on. If you can catch them intentionally trying to harm you animals,( it's a class "E" felony in most states) call the police. If the tamper with your property, or harrass your dogs to make them bark, call the police.. At the very least, you can see for yourself if the dogs are disturbing the peace, and if your neighbors are filing false reports.

The investment of a remote camera system will be well worth your peace of mind. It's what I would do. I certainly wouldn't try to talk to them at this point.. It sounds like you're way too far beyond the point of talking... It would only lead to re-heated feelings.

IMHO

PS..BTW.. How did your dd do in her pageant?
Old 08-24-2004, 05:12 AM

Dakaremom

We have been having neighbors problems all summer, to the point where they caught our brand new wooden Amish furniture on fire in the front yard. We got out our camcorder and it has a security feature, it records only when there is motion. You might try setting that up aimed at the fence line and install motion sensor lights... that's what we did. The lights cost about $55.00 including wiring.

I hope this helps, believe me I have definitely been there this year.

Anna
Old 08-24-2004, 05:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

OSI is that the furniture your mom just bought for ya'll? I remember you talking about the problem with the neighbors and wanting this amish furniture on one of the other boards.
mouse