Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 07-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

A new Puppy at my house

I just wanted to let my FC friends know that we have anew puppy at our house!

While at the local animal shelter to sign shortybomb up for volunteer work, we met a litter of 8week old puppies.

We have been working very hard to prepare our house to adopt a dog.. getting the house organized and clutter free... We were expecting to be ready for a dog in the next couple of weeks, but tis dog was ready for us.

The puppy is a mix between a ****er Spaniel and ome sort of wire-hair terrier. (I thnk it may be a Jack Russell)

She is now 9 weeeks old. We got her 1 week ago, and she weighed 2 pounds, 8 oz. I think she is well over 3 pounds now.

Julia named her T.C. It's short for Too Cute.

She already has learned to sit on command, and walk on a leash too.

The house training is going very well. She has us on a tight schedule LOLOL!! Waking, after eating and drinking, playing or simply sniffing around.She likes her crate ( which is a cat-carrier) :-) She sleeps through the night, as there is no food or water after 9 PM..and she will sleep till 6 AM. It is a great blessing.

She is very nippy, however, and were working to curb that behavior.. We have ourselves on the list for puppy training classes at our Cooperative Extension when she gets all her shots, at about 4 months old.

It is going to be a great adventure. It already reminds me of the early stages of motherhood

Val
Old 07-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

CONGRATULATIONS

On your new addition. It is great to hear of T.C's adventures. I feel certain you will be able to break her nippy behavior.

I would love to volunteer at the shelter but I would have a zoo here at home if I could! LOL

Val, can you post a pic of Too Cute??
BTW, I that name! So creative!

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 07-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I too have just gotten a puppy,

He is 6 mo. old, got him at the Humane Society in WA , while on vacation there. His name is Sam...part Jack Russel / Poodle mix and he is the best little guy. He weights 8 # 4 oz. and have been telling him not to grow much more LOL .

I had to put my old dog ( which was also obtained from the same HS 13 yrs ago ) to sleep. She was so miserable already, and felt just because I wanted her around , it was not fair to her. I really miss her, but am sure she is much more comfortable now.

I have been trying to add pics to my posts, but guess my pic size are just too big, don't know how to eliminate down to FC size.

Joy
Old 07-16-2004, 08:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I wish I could help you with the picture posting part.. I never did get the hang of that. I always just used my Epson scanner,and the photo shop program that came with it.. Other than that, I haven't a clue.. LOLOL...

Congratulations on your new Puppy!!

TC is getting sooo BIG! She must be about 5 pounds by now.. And Jeannie has been giving me wonderful tips for training her. Mama Jeannie ( as I affectionately call her) called me a couple of nights ago in response to my desperate e-mail, and talked me through some Puppy etiquite that has worked like a charm.

FC has so many wonderful people!

TC is a very bright doggie, (And that's not simple maternal pride, ) and doesn't have too many of the typical puppy problems that other dogs Ive had have suffered with.

She's house-training very well, asks to go "out" sits at the sink for water, is learning to avoid feet, ( she's really small, you know) ... she sits on voice comand, and is learning to offer her paw...

She doesn't chew furniture, whine or bark... No seperation anxiety, and so far, no begging, stealing and she sleeps through the night...

So far, so good. Next monday, she will be 11 weeks old... We'll see what 3 months brings...

All in all we're a happy Puppy family.

For now... Good nigt.

Val