Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Hi Happy 6

I finally got all the cages cleaned and sprayed for mites. I got them moved to a nice quiet room and they are happy. I hear them chirping up a little storm. It took us from 9:30 yesterday morning til after 8:00 lastnight, both our bottoms were dragging.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Birds and more...

From Ohio, we have...
7 zebra finches (and one baby!)
2 doves
1 nanday conure (very noisy)
and..
1 irish wolfhound
1 dolly (a dalmatian collie)
1 shep lab
and...
5 cats (4 females and 1 male)
and...
2 rabbits

yep, we love our pets!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hee hee Hi Caroline

I have 2 birds that like getting out and won't cause problems. The others though aren't used to getting out and we have a heck of a time trying to catch them. We had a parakeet get out lastweek and it took us a good half hour to catch her. By the time we did she was so tired I was worried about her. My Quaker parrot goes back in his cage with no problem but my Sun Conure refuses to go back without a fight. He bites and it hurts, he means business. Do you have any suggestions on how to stop a bird from biting. Alwso, my Quaker loves me but my husband can't go near him. Friends, Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY6
Let the party begin!!! Oh! I bet your birds are happy in their nice clean cages!!! Max and Ruby escaped today. My daughter opened the cage to put a new toy in and out flew Ruby then Max after her. They landed on a curtain rod and stayed there about 1 hour. Max will land on a perch to be put back in his cage. Ruby is not use to being out of her cage so she just flew around until she exhausted herself and landed on the floor. Ruby was quickly picked up and put in her cage!! Jingles our dog just watched this in amazement!! Later... PARTY TIME!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thumbs up Daisylady

I would like to have some Zebra finches. They are so delicate andhave the cutest little chirp. I used to have finches and really enjoyed them.
I know how loud Conures can be, I have a Sun Conure and she is my little watchdog. We have her by a window and I neverhave to worry about someone slipping up on me.
Irish wolfhounds are big dogs aren't they? I think that is what my grandma and grandpa had when I was growing up. His name was Shagnasty, lol.
We only have our Chihuahua but if we lived out in the country I know Bill would want a hound.
I have a severe allergy to cats but love them. I have had many in my lifetime and would love to have one again if I could. My husband isn't a cat lover but....he gets attached to anything if he is around it.

Friends, Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylady
From Ohio, we have...
7 zebra finches (and one baby!)
2 doves
1 nanday conure (very noisy)
and..
1 irish wolfhound
1 dolly (a dalmatian collie)
1 shep lab
and...
5 cats (4 females and 1 male)
and...
2 rabbits

yep, we love our pets!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello i'm new here and here's a list of the birds i got

1- jenday conure
1- b&g macaw
1- quaker parrot
1- ****atiel
Old 09-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Daisy,

You sure have alot of animals. I use to have a bunch of finches when I lived in Oregon, loved thier little chirps.

Blessings,
Dawn

Old 04-30-2009, 02:47 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Duck Loss

I have a sad tale. My favorite wild duck, born in my yard, was killed. Savagely I might add. I was up all nite in my back yard and a baby possum crawled across my patio. Where there is a baby, there is a mama.

Her name was Miss Runtie, and she was the runt of the clutch. I never thought she would make it. She was the happiest, cutest duck, and she always hung out with Mom and I out back. I buried her last nite.

I am now on the hunt for a humane trap to get this marcupial out of my yard. I loathe possums.

Anyway, I too love birds and will miss, Miss Runtie, every day.

J~
Old 04-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Nine Year Member

Jodi, I'm so sorry for the loss of Miss Runtie. I'm sure all the wonderful memories you have of her will in time bring a smile to your face.

Years ago I had two pet ducks. Daisy and Donald. I don't think a lot of people realize what great pets ducks make. When someone walked into our back yard Donald would start quacking very loudly. We called him our "Watch Duck". My kids love them. We still talk about when my ds and dd were young and their pet ducks. The memories bring a big smile to our face!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks Caroline. I miss her so much already. She was so cute, and happy and had so much fun in the yard and with us. Ducks are great fun! My heart is just broken.

I hate to be vengeful, but that possum or racoon is on my list. Getting a trap today. Grrrrr.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Nine Year Member

Jodi, Did you trap the possum or racoon yet? I sure hope so. Do you have other ducks?......I know your heart is broken so I'm sending a BIG HUG to you!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!