Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Pets & Animals Whether you have dogs, cats, ferrets, birds or horses, post with others in this friendly pet forum. Lost a pet? We have a Rainbow Bridge forum too.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I see alot of bird lovers here. I am another. I have at the present
2 lovebirds
1 sun conure
1 quaker parrot
1 canary
8 ****atiels
2 mom and dad parakeets and 5 of their babies. We raise and sell birds. I used to do it when I lived in California and I wasn't close to the birds so selling them was easy. Now I am having a hard time, I get attached. Donnie
Old 05-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

we have 1 albino parrkeet

1 ****atiel
thay both talk and do wolf whistels

Old 05-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Nine Year Member

We used to have 12 birds! but now are down to 3. One budgie, one ****atiel, and one blue crowned conure.

the budgie and the tiel live in the same cage. The budgie is very sweet and the tiel whistles the Bridge Over the River Qwai when we feed her.

The conure is sweet and talks a lot to us, especially when someone is in the kitchen in the morning. She is just outside in the dining room and can see in and likes to start a conversation, How are You? I'm fine! etc.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 05-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Bunny

An albino parakeet sounds beautiful. Does it even have pink colored eyes? I think parakeets that are white with some blue or yellow on them are pretty too. My two parents are greenish yellow and medium blue.
The first baby they raised was a jade green. The five they have now are mixed colors. Two of them are almost a deep purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny
we have 1 albino parrkeet

1 ****atiel
thay both talk and do wolf whistels
Old 05-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Ellenmelon

I didn't know you could put tiels and parakeets in the same cage, thats neat. I sometimes think I have too many birds in my house . It sure keeps me busy and I know the cages need cleaned more often than they get it. Currently we are moving some of them to our spare bedroom. It is carpeted but we laid a piece of linoleum down so that the seeds won't get down in the carpet and it's alot easier to sweep than vacuum. I am sending you a new bird.....here he is ...........
Old 05-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy face

This year my grandson wanted another bird for his birthday. We went back to the same pet shop that we bought Max at. We now have a new Parakeet called, Ruby. If we put the two birds in the same cage it is fine during the daytime. At night we have to put them in seperate cages because they seem to fight and we don't want either to get hurt. Ruby is a blue gray color and has a calm personality like Max. We are enjoying both of these birds!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Happy 6

We have a parakeet that is that color too. We have all the babies in one cage but that is going to change this week I hope. I don't want brothers and sisters getting naughty ideas, ha ha. Donnie

Old 05-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Nine Year Member

Happy face Hi Donnie

Last night I kept the two birds in the sme cage and one stayed on the top perch and one on the bottom perch. They both got along all night. I didn't cover the cage last night, maybe that's why they got along so well. During the day they stay by each other and seem to enjoy one another. They are so much fun to watch when they are playing with their toys.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Happy 6

See this little time bomb....this might be me in a few days. I am getting ready to tear down cages and clean, then spray for mites and spray the birds too. After this is done I'll throw a ha ha. This has needed to be done for awhile. I have enough birds that they can start to stinking pretty fast. Donnie
Old 05-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy face Hi Donnie

Let the party begin!!! Oh! I bet your birds are happy in their nice clean cages!!! Max and Ruby escaped today. My daughter opened the cage to put a new toy in and out flew Ruby then Max after her. They landed on a curtain rod and stayed there about 1 hour. Max will land on a perch to be put back in his cage. Ruby is not use to being out of her cage so she just flew around until she exhausted herself and landed on the floor. Ruby was quickly picked up and put in her cage!! Jingles our dog just watched this in amazement!! Later... PARTY TIME!!!

Last edited by HAPPY6; 05-16-2008 at 05:30 PM.