AM having a housewarming party - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Party Ideas Tired of the same old birthday and holiday parties? Share your ideas and creativity here!

Old 05-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

AM having a housewarming party

am hosting a house warming party does anyone have a cute
invatation idea that i can use i really want it to be some think
differant .. please help .
Old 05-23-2007, 05:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

if you are inviting a lot of people who use the computer evite.com has a lot of cute ideas as well as invitations. they help w/ menu planning and everything. I did one in November and used them and it was good
Old 05-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I know I have some cute ideas. I will come back. It's been a few years for me.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

ok i will wait

ok hope to hear from you soon ,,i really need some invations ideas to make . i will send some through email and i will go to the site . thank you .
Old 05-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Pam, maybe someone can improve on my idea. But, I was thinking about some card stock, or whatever they call that paper that is thinner than posterboard and thicker than paper. Then, fold it in half and cut the top of the card to the shape of a roof. You could even give it a chimney if you'd like. Of course, you would use markers to decorate the front to look like a house. (After you make the first card, you could use it as a template.) You could take some sort of housewarming object like a picture of a crockpot, plate, frying pan, etc... Use one of those pins that foldout (I forgot what they are called, I think they are called brads.) to make a wheel out of it inside. The handle of the frying pan could face towards the time of the party on the inside of the card. Am I making sense? lol Another thing you could do is put a place on everyone's card a place where they can put their favorite memories in their own houses to share with the new home owner. You could have the address and time on the inside with the housewarming symbol pointing to the time, but it would be moveable.

I am attaching an image of the card shape idea and I have no idea whether or not it will come out. lol

I am hoping that others will get the idea enough to improve on it greatly!
Name:  house.JPG
Views: 714
Size:  19.2 KB
Old 05-24-2007, 05:42 PM

Cute idea DeBora.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Assistant Moderator

Yep sounds good to me DeBora, using the chimney side to be the folded side to open the invite, do you have a small photo of the 2 people who the warming is for? You could use their pic in the middle of the above house or a face each at 2 front windows. Any hometype stuff will make a great invite doing the same thing.
You can print out your wording and glue staple or put in with the brad or split pin (stationary shops have heaps of stuff cheaper than the craft stores usually)
The simple computer cards look great with the right pic. Find a theme that suits you, and run with it. Let us know what you choose and how it all turns out.
Try here for some ideas
http://www.reasontoparty.com/housewarming.htm

Old 05-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Kathy, those are excellant ideas! I didn't think about using a picture of the couple the housewarming party is for!