Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Party Ideas Tired of the same old birthday and holiday parties? Share your ideas and creativity here!

Old 08-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Tailgating

Does anybody Tailgate here? I need some ideas for easy foods and decorations and even anything that will make the first time go smoother for a tailgate party.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Here's the link I started on this topic on Mom's Menu.

Where are you planning to tailgate and when?

You might want to start making your list now so that you can add to it as you think of things. Some things that are easy to forget for me are foil, spatula or tongs, lighter, and seasonings. Decide what you want to cook and what all you will need for those items. Also, being ponchos or tarp if possible in case it rains. Everytime I have gone to the Texas NASCAR race, except one, it has rained.

Do you plan on being there very, very early or stay very, very late? Depending on the year, you might need blankets as well as coats. Oh yeah, don't forget a table or something to serve your food on. Here are some other things that you might need:

plastic ware
paper plates
foil
paper towels
Serving spoons
tongs
spatula
seasonings

I wish I were at home were I have my full list. Let us know when you go so you can give us the full details! Have fun!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks, I will be going in October to tailgate. Actually I thought I would need to be up very early AND stay up very late in order to get everything set up and ready. I have started a list and I am trying to get things that are easy to prepare so that I can do a lot of prep work the night before. This will be the first time for me so I don't want to buy a lot of stuff just to be stored until next year
Old 08-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

To what event will you be tailgating?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Football game
Old 08-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Cool! I'll be coming to NC in October to the NASCAR races. We won't be able to tailgate since we are flying and will have a rental car and no tailgating stuff. However, we do like to tailgate at the Texas race when we go because we drive.

Let us know how much fun you have.

I hope others who have tailgated respond. I'd like to hear how they have tailgated. lol
Old 08-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I'm hoping that others will respond as well. I love to hear success stories. I'm sorry you won't be able to tailgate at the race but you will enjoy yourself just the same.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Thank you. Ppl who don't tailgate don't know what they are missing.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I know. it's like a big family picnic/cookout.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

It is so fun when others share their food with you and you share yours with them. Cool bonding time. At football games, does the fans of one team have a separate parking lot than the fans from the other team?