Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Fun With Kids > Party Ideas > Parties for Girls

Old 01-12-2003, 08:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Barbie Pet Rescue B-day Party

Our daughter's 6th b-day is coming up the end of March and she had been talking about a Princess Barbie sleep-over party ..... would have been easy, I had millions of ideas for that!

For Christmas, she was given the Barbie Pet Rescue computer game and NOW she wants to have a Pet Rescue party. I've checked Barbie.com for clip-art and game ideas - but didn't find anything. The only thing I've come up with, is telling the girls to bring their favorite stuffed animal and setting up a "missing animal search" ..... otherwise, I'm clueless!!

Please Help!

Lisa
Old 01-12-2003, 09:07 AM
BoggsZ

crowemommy, My DD will be 7 in April she wants the cd rom but I havent' found it yet. THat is a great idea about the pet rescue thay will love that. Let me know how it goes I have no clue what I would do at a party like that. My DD wants to have a maskerade ball for her party that should be interesting. GOod luck on finding some great ideas.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Pet Rescue game

Boggsz - My sister-in-law found it at the nearby toys r us ..... I'd never seen it before and she was just looking for something
Barbie.

I'll let you know what we end up doing!

Lisa
Old 01-19-2003, 06:48 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb Party ideas

Aren't kids great? They come up with all these neat ideas and we get stuck trying to implement them. ;-)

On the expensive end...I'm not sure about what the game does but maybe you could have someone come who is actually involved in helping animals. When my son went to preschool they had a woman visit who took care of all sorts of animals. I never saw a group of 30+ kids sit so still for so long.

On the less expensive end...maybe you could study up on some Veterinary techniques and the kids could "fix" their animals. My kids love to do this for fun regularly. Or maybe you could see if your local Vet would give them a tour.

Good luck. Did you ever think you'd have to be so creative to be a parent? lol. I sure didn't. Well, I'm off to try to figure out things to do for a Map Party.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Along with a party favor for the girls, how about them bringing an item your local shelter needs, i.e. food, cleaning supplies, etc. GIve your shelter a call and find out what is on the list. Include that in the invite, and it would be nice if the girls could take the goods to the shelter as a group. This would give them a hands on look at what good they can do at their age and let the shelter people tell them what they do for the community, as well as what the girls can contribute in time at their age. Another project that could be on-going after the party and maybe in the school, is that our shelter takes empty soda cans and then uses the money from recycling for supplies. See if yours does this also. They could start a drive at school. with permission of staff, and then present them at the end of the year, taking them to the recycling center and presenting the $$$$ to the shelter. It would be easier with that amount of cans to not have the shelter haul them. We have groups do that here.

Lizajane
Old 01-19-2003, 07:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks for the great ideas! Another parent in dd's kindergarten class is our veterinarian and I know he does presentations on caring for your pets at the local library. Maybe he or one of his technicians could do something similar at our house. It would be even better if the technician had long blond hair and SOME resemblence to Barbie!!

Lisa
Old 01-19-2003, 09:06 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Re: Barbie Pet Rescue B-day Party

Quote:
Originally posted by crowemommy
Our daughter's 6th b-day is coming up the end of March and she had been talking about a Princess Barbie sleep-over party ..... would have been easy, I had millions of ideas for that!

For Christmas, she was given the Barbie Pet Rescue computer game and NOW she wants to have a Pet Rescue party. I've checked Barbie.com for clip-art and game ideas - but didn't find anything. The only thing I've come up with, is telling the girls to bring their favorite stuffed animal and setting up a "missing animal search" ..... otherwise, I'm clueless!!

Please Help!

Lisa
Old 01-19-2003, 09:09 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Re: Barbie Pet Rescue B-day Party

Quote:
Originally posted by crowemommy

Please Help!

Lisa
You can find most anything on Ebay. Glenda
Old 01-19-2003, 09:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lots of simple, economical ideas!!

When my kids were younger, I always had a starter activity for b'day parties, something the kids could color or make while people drift in and arrive at the party. Find one of those hidden-picture search games and run off copies and provide with crayons. You know the kind I mean? You see them in Highlights magazine.

Make a version of pin the tail on the donkey, where each child has a little animal (cut out or trace from a coloring book, laminate it in clearn con-tac paper) and they pin it on a poster of Barbie, and they pin it into her hands or on a big map where the local animal shelter is marked. You can make or buy all sorts of animal games, like Animal Bingo or Lotto type things. You dan do a version of one of those claw games... put a bunch of your daughter's stuffed animals into a big basket or even wading pool, and the kids try to fish them out with a grabber tool (I'm thinking of the one my Grandma used in her kitchen to reach high places) or a butterfly net or something. Have an animal relay race, where the object is to "rescue" a stuffed animal. Don't worry about having to have clipart that has BOTH Barbie and pet rescue. Barbie decorations and animal decorations are widely available, so feel free to do a blend of the two.

If you can find a vet or a zoo worker or someone from the SPCA to come speak or show some animals, that would go over well, too.

Rani
Old 01-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Rani - I like the claw game idea! I've seen those claw things at odd jobs recently. Since I have a little time, I could buy stuffed animals from Oriental Trading and let the kids keep them as their prize ......

I've been searching through all the party planning websites I've found and came up with a pet rescue search game - the same idea as a treasure hunt, but, giving the kids hints to find a missing animal (like the game).

Everybody's replys are really helping me get my ideas together! Thanks!

Lisa