Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Fun With Kids > Party Ideas > Parties for Girls

Old 10-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Sleepover party for soccer team HELP!!

Shoot me now! We are having a soccer team sleepover tomorrow and need some ideas. It'll be approx 12 girls. I'm figuring on pizza,popcorn & a movie. We are trying to encourage the team spirit(a new team this year) so any ideas you have games or crafts on a budget whatever will be appreciated. I love when my dh(the coach) volunteers me because naturally he ends up working OT tomorrow night.TIA;-)

Marianne
Old 10-12-2002, 03:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Here is an adorable
Sleepover Party Cake I found at Family Fun. This is so cute.

Why not do some crafts with them. THey can make some picture frames using a sports theme. Buy some foan sports shapes and have the girls glue them to a piece of cardboard with a whole cut out for the picture then have a magnet set to the back. If possible take a group picture of them, make copies for their creation.

These foam things can be real cheap. If possible Oriental.com has some really coll crafts for sports. They can range from 3.95 to 9,95 and that price is for 12 Crafts not one. For about $5 you can get a really nice craft for 12 people.

Also, there is a Sleep Over Ettiquite listed here: http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&threadid=3534
Old 10-12-2002, 06:03 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

How about making something they can take to the soccer games like decorating water bottles, making hairbows in team colors, making t shirts with all the girls signatures on them,beaded bracelets in team colors, something to keep them busy for awhile.

you can have a "make your own" ice cream sundae with bunches of topping.

I just read on another thread that scavenger hunts around the neighborhood might be fun, how about asking them to get things that are sports realated like a sock, a golf ball, a shoelace, gatorade, have adults supervise the group if need be...

have fun!;-)
Old 10-13-2002, 06:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I want to thank you both for replying. It was horrendous!!!:mad: We ended up with 9 girls. It was bad...these girls behaved so badly. Thank God my dd invited her best friend a very well behaved child so she had someone to hang with. I has gotten the Scooby Doo movie but one of the girls said her mom wouldn't let her watch that. There's no cursing,no sex the only thing I could think of was maybe the voodoo guy or her mom just doesn't like cartoon dogs. The girls all seemed wired as they arrived & progressed into a whirlwind. My dd came upstairs at 1:00a to get me to get the others to calm down she then pleaded to be allowed to sleep in her room because every time she would fall asleep they would wake her up. So I took her & her friend up to her room. A little while later I hear footsteps I'm thinking now they are going to come up hear to annoy them. I look in my dd room to see her little friend trying to find a spot & she tells me they won't let her sleep either. I closed the door & no one was getting in there at this point. Then the girls came up complaining that B farted & they can't sleep down there. They ended falling asleep somewhere around 4 on my hardwood floor. NEVER AGAIN!! party & go home from now on. I told my dh good luck in getting them to be a team because the bickering was horrible and next time he wants to do this I'm going to work ot. Thanks again. You guys were on the ball.
Marianne
Old 10-13-2002, 08:00 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

yuck, sounds like a nightmare. thats way to many pre teen girls in one space my daughters not even born yet and now i am dreading the time when she asks for a sleepover party!!!
Old 10-14-2002, 02:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Wow, mpriv--I think I might have called a few parents for early pickups!!

But don't think that boys are any better--my ds#1 played soccer too and decided he wanted a few friends over. Try 4 early-teen boys under one roof!

Had the same thing going on----up all night, farting, belching, throwing things, even had a glass of water "spilled" all over all 4 sleeping bags so there was no cover for the boys--had to break into the winter blanket storage at 3:30am to give them fresh linen.

Finally told them that phone calls would be made and they did settle down...but like you said...NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
Old 10-16-2002, 09:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

future party suggestions

We're having our girl scout troop over for a sleepover in a couple weeks. These girls are wild when they get together. Here are some things I've learned from previous sleepovers that might help if you're ever brave enough to try it again!

Invite another mom to stay. Even if she doesn't spend the night, you'll have help. If not a mom, hire a babysitter (yes) and pay her to help with activities.

Schedule their time, but be flexible! Sounds ludicrous, but by giving them a schedule to follow, it is less likely to turn into a free for all. I schedule one activity per hour since that's about the attention span we're working with.

For example, we have a community service activity scheduled for the first hour. We're making birthday boxes at 7pm. This involves decorating shoe boxes and making a crafted gift (clothespin doll kit) for each box. Girls can join in as they arrive. They can work individually or together, but they have to stay at the craft table in the dining room.

Then we're moving to the kitchen at 8 to cook snacks for the evening. I anticipate about 9 girls, so we have three stations. Girls will draw a number to be assigned to a station, no choosing groups because feelings always get hurt this way. The third hour we're tie dyeing t-shirts to use in lieu of uniforms. They won't wear the green uniforms, so we're making our own!

After the tie dye is cleaned up (and I anticipate a huge mess), we're moving to a quieter activity - NAILS! These sixth graders love to do their nails. Of course we can't do them BEFORE gluing, cooking, and tie dyeing because they'd get ruined! This is a quiet acitivity, and should help get them settled down. We'll change into PJs before we start. Around 11 we're moving on to GIGGLE TIME. Girls will get their bedrolls out, lights will be dimmed, and they all get to tell their best jokes. It won't be quiet, but they will be winding down. After midnight, the lights go out.

They all get the agenda ahead of time and know what to expect. It's not perfect, but it does help them stay focused on the present activity instead of running all over the house!

Last suggetion - have a backup plan. If one activity isn't working, switch to one that's more inline with their energy level!

Better luck next time! Dawny
Old 10-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Sounds like a good game plan Dawny

I'll have to try and remember your ideas as I still have a 13 yr old and a 4 yr old to get through with their friends !!