Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Fun With Kids > Party Ideas > Parties for Girls

Old 06-10-2002, 11:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Party for 11 year old...HELP!

My DD will be 11 on the 21st. We are having a BD party for her on the 23rd,at the house. I told her she could have it here and invite a large amount of freinds since this will be last big BD party for a while...til she hits 16? It gets harder to do the party stuff as they get older. After this maybe a movie and pizza with close freinds. Anyway, I am looking for a few games to keep them busy. Some ideas i have is an ice cube race (carry the ice on a spoon to the other end, relay style). Relay clothes race( have a bag of old clothes, child runs puts on all of the clothes...silly stuff, then race to other end for next child to do, again relay style). Pin the tail on?. If it is hot may have water guns on hand. Pizza is on the menu.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Patti
Old 06-13-2002, 04:11 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Patti,
My DD turned 11 this past December. Instead of Goodie bags (yes they still expect them) I bought small clear plastic boxes and but various craft items in it. Things like a small unpainted wooden box, a glass jar, a small flower pot, and a paint brush. I then pulled out my craft supplies, paint, ribbon, foamy shapes. You get the idea. I covered my table with one of those plastic table clothes with the felt backing to protect my table. Each girl got to decorate all her items. We used the flower pot to make a lollipop bush. The girls had a great time. It kept them busy most of the night and the next morning when I got up some of the girls were back at the table doing something else. If you are having a lot of girls I wouldn't go all out it could get expensive. But if you are only having a regular party they could do one craft item. One good idea is to take an old soda bottle and decorate it for "Mad Money". I got everything I needed at either the 99 cent store or yard sales. I think I spent about 5 dollars per girl. But it was worth every dime. I turned their type of music on and let them have at it. I hope this helps.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:14 AM
FamilyCorner Groupie

hi

Those are all very good ideas and i have done something similar at my DD 12th bday this past April. They loved it I always love doing crafts with kids so I had no problem working with 10 girls doing something fun

I do have a problem though lol my DS is going to be 11 in July and we are doing the home party thing with him.... any suggestions as to how to keep several boys entertained?? i dont think the 'girly' craft idea's woud go too well , although my DS does enjoy crafts!! I just seem to have a block as to what a 'boy' craft would be. Any suggestions?? Oh , i should mention i am on a tight budget too

Thank you in advance

Sue
Old 06-13-2002, 07:13 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb Party for 11 year old...

How about a local roller skating party. Where we live, it costs 90.00 for afternoon and you may have up to 30 children. Our sons and daughter all want skating parties. I hope this has helped.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:06 AM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lillee

The Roller Skating does sound perfect for my son.... the only thing is we live in a very very small town and there isnt a roller skating rink here ...come to think of it there isnt one for about 100+ miles

Thanks for the idea though

Sue
Old 06-13-2002, 08:16 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb 11 Year old

Craftymom,
...How about bowling or an arcade? Our son just turned 12 and he would just soon go to the park and play basketball than do anything else. You fire up a grill for hotdogs and the ever-popular Smores. I'll help if I can. Good luck!

Old 06-13-2002, 08:34 AM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lillee

Maybe i should tell you what is in our town lol umm a few stores ...one outdoor swimming pool which is closed for two weeks ( one week before and one after) due to swim meets ....and ummm thats about it . The closests bowling place is about 2 hours from me. OH OH i know what we do have ...we have Car Racing. Hey i think i might have solved my own problem lol well part of it anyway lol

DS loves the race cars so maybe i can take DS and say 2 friends to see that the sunday before his bday and on his actual bday have a party with all his friends over..... how does that sound to you ??? i would really appreciate your input on this lol

Thank you for your ideas lol i had totally forgotten about the race track and one of Dh's friends races there too lol

Sue
Old 06-14-2002, 05:44 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sue,

My DS is 8 for his next B-day he wants a camp out. We have a fenced in back yard. I have checked with friends for tents I can borrow. I thought I would let them build a campfire in a small cheap BBQ grill so they can roast hot dogs and marshmallows. They can do everything outside so no muss no fuss. I thought I might let them set up their "camp site." That should keep them busy for awhile. My DS say's it's not fair that girls get to have slumber parties. So we are having a boy slumber party we just aren't calling it that. Since you live in such a small town this idea might work for you as well. I hope this helps.
Old 06-14-2002, 09:36 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Re: hi

Quote:
Originally posted by craftymom
Those are all very good ideas and i have done something similar at my DD 12th bday this past April. They loved it I always love doing crafts with kids so I had no problem working with 10 girls doing something fun

I do have a problem though lol my DS is going to be 11 in July and we are doing the home party thing with him.... any suggestions as to how to keep several boys entertained?? i dont think the 'girly' craft idea's woud go too well , although my DS does enjoy crafts!! I just seem to have a block as to what a 'boy' craft would be. Any suggestions?? Oh , i should mention i am on a tight budget too

Thank you in advance

Sue
I have a young boy as well. I like to get out Legos! The boys love them and they are entertained for ever. I usually have to pull them away. I even had awards for best creation, most original, biggest, most colorful, etc...
Old 06-14-2002, 03:58 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

As for the boys (and the girls would like it too if they like bugs), I have a really cute "Bug Jar" idea. That would be especially cute to go along with the camping idea. E-mail me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to send it! As for the girls, they're usually happy with beads and some string to make necklaces and braclets, even rings. I've also got several cute cake ideas for boys and girls. For any of you who want ideas, just e-mail me & let me know what you're looking for. Glad to help! Have a wonderful day! Kathy