Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Fun With Kids > Party Ideas > Parties for Girls

Old 03-20-2006, 02:49 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Need wording ideas for 1st birthday party invite

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards.

I'm looking for some ideas for my daughter's very 1st birthday invitation.

I'm deciding between a fairytale party (might save the idea for later when she understands more) or a paisley and flower party focusing on pink and green colors her pictures and the #1.

These are some of the ideas I have seen online but my sister in-law used one and my cousin the other.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I learned to laugh and squeal, then sit and stand,
and I can walk now if you hold my hand.
But the fun has only just begun,
lookout world, I'm turning one!

One year ago on ____,a little angel blessed our lives. We named her _________. In the past year, he/she has learned so much, how to drink from a cup, feed
herself, crawl, almost walk, talk, laugh, and love. Now she is calling on her favorite family and friends to help celebrate a wonderful first
year and a big kick off for the next year. Your
presence is requested at the very first birthday
party for_______.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Dont stress yourself out about her 1st birthday--wait for a few years when you have to become really clever to be the coolest Mom throwing a party. LOL! It's sad but once they start school, the competition begins.

I think that it's important if you need to have a theme, make it one that the kids will like. For instance, my son loved Elmo at that age so we bought him a cake with Sesame Streets figurines on it. He played with those figurines for the longest time.

For my daughter's 1 st BD, I made flower cupcakes. We put the cupcakes on a platter in the shape of a Daisy too with one candle in the middle cupcake. I decorated with pinks, purples, greens and yellows from the $ store. She loved it because she had her own "cake"--and believe me, she ate it and made a mess too!

I will pass along some of the best advice that I have received here at FC----relax and enjoy your kids while they are little. They grow up so fast!!

BTW, Welcome to Family Corner!!!

I hope to "talk" you more on the boards!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My dd is turning 1 in May and I'm looking for a poem to go with rubber duckies.

I agree, with the simple is better. My oldest just turned 9 and we had a Fear Factor party. It does become more work but with that said.

Have you googled poems or check out twopeasinabucket.com, they have section for poems, lyrics and quotes.

Good luck, I hope we both find the poems were looking for!!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

mommy_2305

Can you share teh Fear Factor Party with me..
Plans, what yall did, decoratrions [email protected]@ PLEASE! thanks my son LOVES FF!

Try this for the Rubber Ducks:
if its not what your looking for then let me know and I will try to help more!!

http://www.elyrics4u.com/r/rubber_duckie_ernie.htm

http://www.minibite.com/funstuff/rubberduckie.htm

MAYBE SOMETHING HERE AND YOU CAN CHANGE THINGS UPA BIT..
http://downloads.members.tripod.com/.../ssalbum2.html

What are you looking for ..maybe i can help!..like is there certain things u want in it, words, names, people..????

Last edited by hummingbird_0331; 04-18-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

babyf
Try these
http://www.colorsbydesign.com/store/...Fwording.shtml

http://www.classyannouncements.com/i...n=Custom&ID=18

http://www.theblufish.com/weddings/i...day/first.html

http://www.colorsbydesign.com/store/...ywording.shtml

http://www.impressinprint.com/invita...ing-ideas.html

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p376746...er?sourceid=13

As far as the party itself..do what YOU want to do and think it cute. Cuz zoon enuff YOU wont be poicking it, she will tell ya what she wants ti to be!! lol then all that cutsey, girly stuff you like wont be an option! lol So go with simple cute and girly while you can! Just do some lil things she can do and have grab/treat bags that are age appropriate for them all and have fun!
As long as she has her own lil cake and you take pics it will be a beautiful memory! thats all that counts hun!

As for the little cake, check cuz some places will give you the lil one free when you buy the family one! And if shes into something right now..blues clues, elmo, dora, barney..whatever..put that on HER cake for her and get the larger one just simple!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:24 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'll try sending the info again. I typed it all up and it was 1.5x too long and would send. I couldn't copy and paste it (private email) so I'll post it here.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:28 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Most of the things were fun and silly, they enjoyed them all though.
1. They did a touch game. They were told we got mummified body parts from the museum. We had almond slices for finger nails, almond pieces for teeth, dried apricot for ears and olives for eyes. they were grossed out but kept touching the "eyes"
2. roll a dice to see how many jello cubes they had to eat with ticks (raisins) inside
3. they had to eat a marshmallow hanging from paperclip that was tied to a string. it was covered in whipped cream and they had to do it with no hands! it was hilarious.
cont'd.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:31 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

4. they had to hold a lemon wedge in their mouth for 10 sec.
5. roll a dice to see how many earthworms they had to eat. I bought cookie crumbs (for cheese cakes) layed a pan added the gummies covered in chocolate pudding, then another layer of crumbs, they looked so real
6. they had to sit on a balloon to see what number was inside to see how many pieces of doggy treats they had to eat. I cleaned out the doggy treat bag and put a bag of beef jerky inside.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:33 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Welcome to FC Babyf!

Children do not remember their 1st birthday. So, I would make it fun and entertaining for everyone. I agree with Ajrsmom. You'll need to be creative later.

I personally would make everything that would look good in picture to show off. Either way, good luck and have fun!

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:39 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

7. next was the fish eye hunt! we used cooked rice, the mushier the better, we added green food coloring. they had to dig out 4 marbles (eyes), it was warm and gross.
8. last was they had to find a piece of gum on a plate of whipped cream with just their mouth. they were to blow a bubble but this gum didn't work. it was sour too.

They ended up not wanting to waste the plate of cream and ended up having a "food" fight.

I also had a brain jello mold from ebay and some molds from cakesnthings.com-creepy crawlies and rat suckers. I made white rats and added some red chocolate inside so when you bit it would look like blood. I made gummie and chocolate spiders from anothe mold.
I also got a friend to make me a FF birthday logo that i printed on sticker paper.
Also i had floating eyeballs and ice cubes with a fly in it in the goody bags from the $ store.