Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Parenting Issues Adoption, kids going to college, multiple children, step parenting, empty nesters, pregnancy issues and more. stay at home parents, working parents, so much to discuss here!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:39 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sad face Parent bullying our child

Well I'm back with no good news I'm afraid.. The school is not going to support my daughter with the verbally abusive parent. We were basically told that they would seperate the the kids next year which is not even the issue and does not deal with the parent.

Looks like we are going to have to take matters into our own hands and confront the parent. I'm not that type of person but it seems it is our only other option. Talked to the Justice of the Peace and they told us to deal with the superintendant of the school system. Talked to the police and they will get involved if she does not stay away from our daughter.

The only other thing is to pay a lawyer and get a restraining order against her. The victim never seems to win...

Old 05-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I'm so sorry that you are having to go through with this.

You might want to ask the police how you should handle approaching this so that it doesn't seem like you are bullying this parent or so that she doesn't turn this around and call the police on you. Will the school back you up to confront her in the principal's/asst. principal's office so that it's not a shouting match or even seen by anyone else?

If all else fails, make sure you follow through with the police if she says or does anything to your daughter again.

Sadly, your school system sounds a lot like our school's here in my town.

Stay in touch with us even if you just want to vent about it. I've been there and there's just some times that I need to let it out.

Hugs,
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-06-2010, 05:53 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Happy face Frustrated Parent

No, the school is done and won't even reply to my last email. The police were actually very helpful. I have no intention of raising my voice. I would not lower myself to her level. I am going to make it very
short and clear what is going to happen if she does this again!

I will tell her we know the abuse happened again and the school is aware. That the school with deal with her daughter and we will deal with her directly from now on. I will also let her know that we have contacted our lawyer and the police and that if it ever happens again she will have to deal with them not us. The police will go see her if it happens again.

I also spoke to a therapist throught our doctor and she says our daughter
needs to stand up to her and very loudly say NO! in front of anyone who will hear..

Thx again for all your support!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Still thinking of you and hoping that you get this worked out soon.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!