Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues Adoption, kids going to college, multiple children, step parenting, empty nesters, pregnancy issues and more. stay at home parents, working parents, so much to discuss here!

Old 07-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thank you so much. Last night we had a thunderstorm. So, I have a full bed and 2 crying, scared children wanted to sleep with me. It is amazing that 1 queen-sized bed can hold 2 children, 2 chihuahuas, and 1 adult. LOL

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 07-18-2009, 04:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

LOL about all squeezing in during the storm, DeBora!

Congrats on your DGS's good health report. Asthma is a scary thing--excellent that it is now under control and that his verbal skills are increasing.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:17 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Its hard to believe that some parents would rather take the hard way in getting their kids back. Once the state gets involved, its only gona get harder for them.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The parents are visiting with the kids now. They are watch the first Ice Age. The sad thing is that the parents were supposed to come this morning, but SIL supposedly had job interviews. The reason I say supposedly is because my DD's friend, whom they are living with, came home today. I suspect that they wanted to clean the house before she came home as she is a clean freak. The friend just had surgery and I suspect that she was going to bring home pain medication.

My sister had called a few minutes before my DD called my DGD to tell her she wouldn't be able to come over until later this afternoon, to ask me if the kids and I would like to go to the nearby town, where my sister lives, and go to a special pool that has slides and water foutains and such. I took the kids and they played with their 2 cousins, a boy and a girl as well as their aunt. We had a great time for 4 hours. I missed an area on DGS's face and chest so he has a bit of a sunburn. However, while we were at the pool, my DD called and asked how much more time she could have at her friend's house as her friend needed her help in taking care of her since she just had surgery. I was a bit surprised that she'd rather tend to her friend than be with her children. I know I should be shocked since this is an every day occurance. But, I think I still just do not comprehend how a mother could be this way.

Then, when I picked up the parents, they were BOTH VERY chatty. My DD's face is very broken out. My SIL kept throwing his cap in the front seat and I finally had to tell him to settle down. This is unusal for him.

My DD noticed my medication by my bed. She said that I'd better watch out as CPS doesn't like medications where the children could reach it. I told her that my medications isn't in the same room of the house, I am never unconscious while the children are alone with my meds, I can lock up my room so the children cannot come in, and so on. She said it did not matter. She said she was angry that CPS got on to her for the very same things as what I am doing, such as the children sleeping in the same bed and we live in a small cramped condition. I said that it was different because a) we don't have a billion people in the cramped area and b) this is a VERY temporary sitation (I will be graduating in December). She said that shouldn't matter that if it is bad for children that CPS shouldn't put them in the situation at all. I also told her that I am sure some of the nitpicking of the children sleeping in the same bed might be added on the larger problem of drug abuse and so on. I just don't think she gets it. My case is about use camping out temporarily until I finish school and then the children will have their own rooms, their own beds, and so on. Also, I am not at home sleeping all day and part of the night while I allow the children to run around unsupervised. I am not on drugs. I make sure the children are on a schedule. I make sure the children get their medication and proper meals and vitamins. I am just plain tired of explaining it all to her as it is redundant.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!