Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Parenting Issues Adoption, kids going to college, multiple children, step parenting, empty nesters, pregnancy issues and more. stay at home parents, working parents, so much to discuss here!

Old 06-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
First "official" sleep over for my son

One of my son's classmates invited him to a sleep over yesterday for an end-of-the-year party----he went yesterday and hasn't come home yet! ROFL!!

I was worried that he would want to come home late last night because he has never spent the night anywhere like that before.
Things went off without a hitch.

I talked to him yesterday after school to see if he was ok. He was having so much fun. There were 5 boys total. They were having a water balloon fight in the backyard.

Later last night, he called to say that they were playing pool and video games. Then they were going to play a board game. He said that the hosting Mom was cooking them tons of food....pizza, cookies, slushies....she deserves an award!!

This morning he finally called and said that they went to bed at 5:00 a.m! He was supposed to be coming home at 2:00 but he called to say that the other kids were staying til 5:00 so he wanted to stay, too, if I would say yes. HHHMMMM........

Let's picture this....... it's quiet here, no running around, no "What can I do?", no "I am hungry. What can I eat?" I can sit here and play on the computer in peace.....................................

Can you stay??? Why not ask her if she would like to do this again tonight???!!???

ROFL!!! Just kidding!

We missed him last night. His sister cannot wait until he comes home! I am glad that he is having such a good time.

I hate to think that it is time for me to start letting go a bit of my son. They grow up so fast, don't they?

Now to think of something for this friend to do with my son. We don't have the room here for a big sleepover. I am thinking that maybe we can invite him to go with us to the "free movie" times at our local theatre and then to eat. Or maybe to the drive-in.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Tami sounds like you son had a blast...I remember the first time my son went to a sleep over...gee I was lost without...

Glad your son had a wonderful time at his friends...

Smiles & Hugs...
Old 06-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami, I am so glad that your DS had a blast! Mine went to a campe for kids with Tourette's syndrome when he was about 8 years old. He had no problems in the past going to sleepovers, but he got very homesick his first night at camp. After sleeping with the counselors, he was over it! lol

It is fun to watch them go through the social situations of childhood. I hope you enjoy your time!

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 06-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I was nervous because he hadn't stayed anywhere overnight since we lived in Pa. and then, it was only at Grandma's house, 3 miles away.

I was thinking that he would try his best to stay even if he didn't want to because he would've been more embarrassed to tell his friends that he was going home. But, it did sound as though they had a great time.

I am waiting on him to come home at any time now. I haven't heard anything about the last day of school yet and then I will wait for him to tell me how things went last night. He is still young enough that I will most likely still hear the truth instead of what they think that we want to hear.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 06-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami, it sounds as though you are a bit excited about him coming home! I can't wait to hear the details.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

He is home...and sunburned.

He said that they applied sunscreen twice but they have been playing in the water all day.

First thing, I gave him some Tylenol. Any other tips for sunburn?

He said that he had a great time. That's all the scoop so far. lol!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 06-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Tami if his arms,back are sunburned...take a white t-shirt and soak it in cold water with baking soda...put the shirt on him while it is soaking wet and let him wear it until the shirt dries...this will take the burning out of his sunburn...and give him some relief...

A cool bath with baking soda works great if his legs are sun burned...

Glad he had a great time...

Hugs...
Old 06-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami, we learned this from a friend who was a peramedic. He told us to use Dermoplast. It comes in a blue spray can. It has some ingredients that not only fight infection, but it also has ingredients to numb the feeling on the skin so that he won't hurt so bad. The Tylenol will also help prevent him from running a fever.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBora43
Tami, we learned this from a friend who was a peramedic. He told us to use Dermoplast. It comes in a blue spray can. It has some ingredients that not only fight infection, but it also has ingredients to numb the feeling on the skin so that he won't hurt so bad. The Tylenol will also help prevent him from running a fever.
Can I buy that at a place like Walmart?

I am going to do the wet shirt with baking soda now to see if it will help.

It is stinging right now and he is uncomfortable but not in a huge amt. of pain. I bet that tonight will be another story.

Thanks for the help!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 06-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrsmom
Can I buy that at a place like Walmart?

I am going to do the wet shirt with baking soda now to see if it will help.

It is stinging right now and he is uncomfortable but not in a huge amt. of pain. I bet that tonight will be another story.

Thanks for the help!
Yes, you can buy it at any store that has a good selection of over-the-counter medication. Also, this stuff feels so cold on the skin, which feels good on a sunburn. My kids used to bring this stuff to me for every injury!