Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Parenting Issues Adoption, kids going to college, multiple children, step parenting, empty nesters, pregnancy issues and more. stay at home parents, working parents, so much to discuss here!

Old 06-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBora43
Yes, you can buy it at any store that has a good selection of over-the-counter medication. Also, this stuff feels so cold on the skin, which feels good on a sunburn. My kids used to bring this stuff to me for every injury!
Of course my WalMart was out of the stuff that you mentioned so I got Lanicane sunburn spray. He said that it help a good bit. I gave him some more Tylenol and he went to bed. He was so tired, you could see it in his face.

Thanks for telling me about this spray. I didn't even know that they made something like that. I remember having to rub stuff onto my skin as a kid. I kept thinking that there had to be something better!

All well that ends well!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami, I am sorry that they were out of Dermoplast. There were always 2 things I kept in my house besides bandaids and that was Neosporin and Dermoplast. The Dermoplast could cover a larger area of skin AND I didn't have to touch their skin to put it on, so it was good for sunburns. Neosporin Plus also has the numbing ingredient in it, but you just can't cover as large of an area. I still carry the Neosporin Plus in my purse with bandaids. My DGD always asks for Nana's magic stuff if she gets the slightest boo-boo. lol We had to tell her it was magic stuff in order for her to allow us to treat her wound. lol

Before we leave for vacation, I need to get some Dermoplast and more bandaids as I am running low of my Dora and Barbie bandaids. lol

I hope your DS gets to feeling better soon.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 06-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Assistant Moderator

If you have an aloe vera pant, take a long leaf and cut top and bottom and rub the gel on the sunburn, it's a bit sticky but dries and takes the itch out of sunburn. Lots of water or Gatorade to drink, stop dehydration.

Sounds like he had such a great time, you know the pressure will be on "when can they come over to my place for a sleep over mum" LOL
I bet as he's so tired he'll sleep for a good portion of the next day.