Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Old 05-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lips

My top lip is thin and I hate that. Has anyone had theirs plumped up with injections? I've been thinking about it and wonder how it works and if it hurts and how often you have to do it since it's $450 a pop around here.

Or, has anyone purchased any of the plumping lip gels they're selling? I've gotten two kinds but neither worked.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
This is just my opinion so please dont be offended by it but I would think long and hard about getting injections like that. Take a look at some stars like Lisa Renna ( hope thats how she spells her last name). She looks awful to me...like she has a tire for a top lips. I would be so afraid that they would botch it up.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Ajrsmom

I know what you mean. I hate her lips but I think you can get a little or a lot put in. Did you know she claims those are her real lips? It's obvious they're not. I've seen some stars that you can tell they had it done because of the obvious difference and they looked good. I want to have it done so bad but am really scared that something could happen. We have a news anchor here in Texas that had hers done and for a few days she would talk with her head turned to the side because one side was bigger than the other and she slurred certain words. That would be my luck. Ugh. I've been thinking about this for about two years and really want it but would love to hear from someone that's been through it so I'd then know for sure it I want to or not.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Getting preachy here

I think that you should love yourself for the way that you are...obviously you have other traits that make you a beautiful human being...who needs to look perfect anyway?? If this is the only thing holding you back, then what is it holding you back from? Will your life change drastically? What are the complications? What could be the worst case scenerio? Can you live with your lip being messed up as opposed to it just being thin?? These are all questions I would ask myself...I would also talk to a makeup artist and see what they could recommend for me...just think of the options...
sabrena
Old 07-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I think if you want your lips pumped up GO FOR IT! But, here's some advice...

First check with the national registry for cosmetic surgeons or the state level agency. They can reccomend a good one. Then after choosing one, ask if there are any previous clients that have received the same treatment and if they would be willing to share their experience with you. A reputable cosmetic surgeon will be more than happy to refer you to people he/she has treated and who are willing to discuss it.

GOOD LUCK!

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~
Old 07-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

If you are fortunate to have "Touched by and Angel" earlier episodes available on cable TV and can compare Monica's lips, I think you wil have your answer. She is still a very lovely lady but I think the plumping of her lips has taken away from her beauty. Just a personal opinion, of course.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lips

Hi Momto3&luvit:
I got my lips done this morning, swelling is already down and I'm loving it. I did check him out and even started asking friends to ask around about him and found a few people that have used him and love him.

Snussey:
It's very important for a person to love themself and it's also fortunate for me that I have the means to fix the problem with myself that so bugs me. Having plastic surgery in any way isn't saying you don't love yourself, it's saying you love yourself enough to do whatever it takes to make you happy.

Georgiaoma:
I don't watch Touched By An Angel even though I'm sure it's a great program. I have seen people who went overboard and had lips as big as their face. I wanted mine bigger but the plastic surgeron refused. He said he would only make them to where they looked natural.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Darla,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so glad you did it for you!!

<-------Me JUMPING for JOY for you!!!

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~
Old 07-11-2003, 06:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

MoMtO3&LuViT

Thanks so much. I'm glad I did it. Figured I'd chicken out since I'm deathly afraid of needles. LOL. Last night I finally got to sleep around 4:00 a.m., kept thinking if I laid face down they might go flat again. Hahahahaha. Whew, was glad to wake up and see that they didn't.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I say go for it! If I had the money there's at least one thing I'd get done. When I see the outcomes of those plastic surgery shows, I can't help but feel that the people made the right choice. Let's face it, it feels good when we look nice and get positive feedback!

My SIL's the type of person who could easily turn heads. After having had kids through in-vitro, her body would just not get back into shape. A few months ago she had several plastic surgeries done and I have to say she looks stunning! I think looking good does wonders for self-esteem and I therefore think that if a person chooses platic surgery - the more power to her!

I'm sure the risks are minimal with a reputable surgeon.