Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Old 11-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Shower or bath person?

Are you a shower or a bath person??

I am a bath person...a bubble bath person!!! I love my bath with scented bubbles and oils, candle light, juice or water to drink(Oh, and sometimes I smuggle a couple of chocolates into the tub, too!) and the peace and quiet!! I do not have a big jacuzzi tub, THAT would be heaven!!!

I love citrusy scented bubblebaths and soaps! I would like to get one of those wire racks that goes across the tub to keep all my soaps and stuff in. Right now I keep everything in a basket next to the tub.
Time to get off this computer and go have a nice long soak!!
peace,train
Old 11-23-2002, 06:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I tend to take long hot showers now....I use aromatherapy cleanser that has lavender, patchouilli. I love that smell.

In my old 100 yr old home I had a large, long tub...I would soak there for hours...with a glass of wine or a cup of tea....I miss that tub! lol

My home now has a short narrow tub, without a sloping back! It hurts to lean back in it and your legs are cramped under the faucets! Not a pleasant experience!

So now I shower instead and company is always nice! ;-)

janet
Old 11-24-2002, 02:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I take a hot shower every morning but in the evenings....that's another story!!! I just love a HOT bath with all kinds of bubbles & scents, candles & a nice CD playing - An iced drink and a good book!!! It's the best.;-)
Old 11-25-2002, 02:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hot showers

I love long hot showers, but one day I plan to have a jacuzzi hot tub and then let the fun begin!;-)

Shawn-I love the picture of the penguins under your name. I am a huge fan of all things penguins!

Old 12-03-2002, 07:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm a shower person, myself. I enjoy all of those scented gels and sprays.

When I want to soak, we have a hot tub on the back porch, I can sit there for hours with a glass of wine and a good book. The best part is, all of you is under water! No cold knees and cramped backs!

We will be moving soon, and one of the first things we buy will be another hot tub.

I can't wait to get home for a soak!

Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm a shower person myself...I could really never justify sitting in tub of water that becomes a tub of dirty water....*Laughing* However.....seriously..... I take my long shower and then.....i fill the tub with fresh water....turn on the jaccuzzi thingy...and there ya go...... It's the best investment...makes these old bones feel good.... *s*

I like the scented soaps and gels etc..but for the most part I love the fresh scent of Zest white water soap...it's sooo fresh!...Caress is a nice bar too.....so is there liquid wash.

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 12-03-2002, 01:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm definitely a tub person!! Our new house has a jacuzzi type bathtub ( not the really big ones), and sometimes I use it that way, great for headaches or sore muscles, but usually I just use it as a tub--door locked so no one can come in, sometimes with a candle or book. We've had drought conditions here, so I try not to do it too often. During the summer when conditions were really bad, the tub only had about two inches of water in it, not very relaxing!! Scented soaps, etc tend to make me too itchy, but I like the scented candles!

I like to bathe just before bed, in the summer it takes off that film of sticky sweat, and in the winter, it makes you nice and toasty!!

GWTW
Old 12-03-2002, 03:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hmmm....Now I want a jacuzzi, lol I always thought they were neat but, my house has no room....now if ever Iget to put on an addition...I am putting in another bathroom! We used to have a sauna but took that out last year, mold growing behind the walls.YUCKY!!!! I would settle for a deep clawfoot tub! lol

Whenever I travel, I always get the hot tub room especially if I am staying put for a few days....we spent a week one time at a place that had a jacuzzi, complete with bathrobes, scented soaps, loofahs, and lotion. It was nice. It was the only room they had for us, so they gave it to us as the same price as a standard room...what a deal!

janet
Old 12-03-2002, 04:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Janet....I have a jacuzzi tub...in the bathroom...it's the main bathtub/shower....... we only have the one bath room in this house...it is its only drawback...... jacuzzi tubs come in a variety of sizes.....I believe.

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 12-03-2002, 06:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have always loved taking showers in the summer, and baths in the winter, but the house we live in only has a bathtub. It is a big old bathtub with claw feet. It is very comfortable to just lie back in. You could almost go to sleep in it.