Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Old 12-03-2002, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Bettan,

Boy, you are so lucky to have a deep clawfoot tub...my favorite, I love soaking in one with a little music and cup of herbal tea. THere are new clawfoot tubs on the market but, they aren't as deep and they are acrylic...not the same as cast iron.

Enjoy you tub!

janet
Old 12-04-2002, 08:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am definitely a shower person. After one of my auto accidents, a chiropractor recommended 3 hot showers a day to relieve the neck and back muscle spasms and pain. My daughter thought I had OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) that I was worried about being clean. I told her it was "medicinal, recommneded by the chiropractor). Now, I love the water very hot, but don't take a very long shower. My husband takes a 20 min. shower. Even with washing my hair in the shower, I don't take that long.
My favorite time to take a shower is in the late evening. I set my hair in bobby pins and it does very well drying and curling overnight.
Due to my asthma and allergies, I don't use fragrant stuff in the shower, Ivory soap and a very lightly scented vanilla hair shampoo with a lightly scented V05 hair conditioner.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:41 PM
Assistant Moderator

In the summer, a long cold as I can take it shower with my favourite shower gel and in the winter a nice long hot shower with my shower gel. The gel is great because it doesn't leave a ring in the tub or the scummy stuff on the shower, and if it makes my cleaning it easier.........I'm all for it
Old 12-04-2002, 03:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Love the showers. We had a garden tub in our last house, big enough for 2 but I still didn't use it much. DH would have more often. I just prefer showers and that thing was deep. I'll never forget the first and last time we used bath oil, I thought we'd never get out! I have a large variety of Yves Rocher bath and shower gels that I like to use but rarely take long showers. BTW Yves Rocher is quality stuff and CHEAP!

Janet dh and I were at Lowes over the weekend and I was delighted to see a "claw foot" tub there! It was quite large from what I saw. Still I would happily take our bathtub (with shower) out and install a corner shower. this bathroom is tiny and can't accomodate a large tub so I'd do away with it completely.

Enjoy whichever your choice is!
Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 12-04-2002, 05:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

shower or bath

hi everyone i am a bath person. i am one of the lucky ones to have a whirlpool tub it is a small one only big enoguh for me but i will have a bigger one or a hottub someday.i like to sit back and relax with good quality bathsalts or bath oil and i use a loofah and put on a face mask and hair mask crawl into the tub turn on a cd light acnadle brign hot cocoa, hot cider , wine lemondae tea herb tea whatever the mood or weather and just soak sometimes i leave off the cd and meditate or pray turn on the jets and relax. i also like a shower in summer in the morning have a hand held shower massager i dont like water rushing down my face so this way i can control the water. i use dove nutrium wiht beads body wash a bit pricey but i use instead of shave gel, i also like hot sugar apple exfoliant love to exfoliate and use loofahs then smohter on a good lotion mist on a spray and get into clean sheets nothin liek it!!
Old 12-05-2002, 06:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Don't you love those hot tubs? We had one several years ago when we lived in Alabama. We plan to buy another one soon, hopefully next year. Dh misses it terribly. We liked to put scents in the water and would alternate which we added according to our mood. It was heavenly sitting in that hot water on a cold night.

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 12-12-2002, 07:25 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am a bath person...I don't do the bubble bath thing too often but one thing I insist on is HOT water! As far as the water being dirty, don't think it gets much chance as I often take 2-3 baths a day! In the winter time when it's cold, I take one to warm up and like someone else said, it's so warm and toasty afterwards. I like to feel all nice and clean and warm and toasty when I go to bed. Sometimes I don't actually soap up, I just like to lie in the hot water. LOL
Guess it's lucky my skin doesn't dry out too much...but I do use oil in the water. I also read in the bath tub...all my books tend to get those little ripples in the pages because of the water. Also have been known to get black marks on my tummy from the book cover!! :-)
Several years ago when we remodeled the bathroom, I spent quite a lot of money and time making sure I got the bathtub I wanted. It is not a jacuzzi but it big and roomy and very comfortable to lie back in. When we travel I always miss it. But I too head for the jacuzzi or hot tub whenever I can when we are staying in a condo/hotel.
Mary
Old 12-13-2002, 05:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hmmm...

For me it simply depends on the time of day.

At bedtime, a bath!

:p In the morning, a long hot shower.

There are definitely days I do both!

Old 12-13-2002, 11:15 AM
Assistant Moderator

When we go on holidays we make the most of the spa baths but for every day, it's just a shower in the morning and a shower at night.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:31 PM
missmouse

Ahhh,for a Japanese soaking tub and a really good book. Oh and endless hot water!