Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Healthy Living > Beauty > Outer Beauty

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:25 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Kind of personal, but I need help

Okay ladies I need some help! I have just gotten done breast feeding my 3rd child and my boobs are GONE! I mean GONE GONE! I went from a 36 C to like a 33 A. I probably would not mind too much since I am a runner, but my husband misses them. He is absolutely wonderful, but I can tell he wishes that they were what they were. My question is 1) has anyone else experienced this and 2) I have been reading about those breast enhancement drugs - are they a waste or what? This is certainly not the end of my world, but just a vanity issue. I am totally secure in who I am etc, BUT if I could have more than just the illusion created by a wonder bra I would try it (other than surgery!) Thanks in advance,
Old 08-29-2002, 03:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Katie, Sorry, I can't help...I had the opposite happen.
I was never able to have children and consequently was put on hormone pills to control my endometrisis. Anyways, I never really had much up there and then, like, overnight, Dolly Parton!!!LOL!!!
Seriosly tho, surely someone out there will have some advice for you!!!
peace, the trainlady
Old 09-02-2002, 10:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

chuckle

Hi, Well I guess I can help a little. First I am a Mother of 7. And I breast fed 6 of them. I am 37 years old and I have always fit in a size 34B bra. After 7 kids/breastfeeding 6 I still fit in a 34B. I kept hoping I would be one of the lucky ones who got a little more up there after breastfeeding but nope not for me I guess. My breast do sag some. Not real bad but they certainly dont look like when I was 18! So my husband brought me home some of the over the counter Euro Bustique Breast Enhancement Capsules. I have taken them for 3 months. All I can say is they didn't work for me. I didnt gain anything at all. It didnt make my skin look any firmer either. I read an article in I think Glamour magazine that tried all the different kinds of breast enhancers and nothing worked there either. The only thing that worked was the girl who had gotten a breast enlargement surgery. The pills didnt make me sick, or my breasts grow hair...LOL my sister asked me that. They didnt do much of anything breast wise but they did seem to help me regulate on my period which was abnormal lately from a hormone deficiancy. So good luck on your venture, who knows maybe pills will work for you.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

I'm in the same boat with you! But it's a little of 2 things~ 1) I went on Weight Watchers to lose about 40 lbs, lost my boobs right off! I went from a 40 DD to 36D. My husband and I are both mourning the lose.

I have thought about enlargement and a tummy tuck also!

I think I'll look like the woman from "Something about Mary" Remember the old lady~ the sun worshipping lady?
Visit us at http://communities.msn.com/Allentribe
Old 09-02-2002, 10:46 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Your timing is perfect on this subject. After having 2 children I lost 92 pounds and am now almost completely flat chested. I have been considering breast implants and have spent some time investing on the internet.

I don't know anyone who has had the surgery so I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has.

Anyone out there "enhanced?"
Old 09-02-2002, 11:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Ditto on Smiley's message. Went from a 32A to a 38D with the first kid (gained a lot of weight with that pregnancy).

Ten years later I'm back at my pre-baby weight and while I'm a 34B, I have saggy old lady boobs now and am thinking enhancement. Hubby doesn't really want me to thought, as he obviously wasn't into big ones or he wouldn't have picked me to start off.

Looking forward to hearing more input from those enhanced ladies.
Old 09-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

breast enhancement drugs

hello to everyone.
sorry to say- but i have had the opposite luck.
mine got way too big after the baby- and still after almost 4 yrs. will not shrink-was a 34 b before baby-way too big during breast feeding-38dd and then back down a little to 38c.
i miss my smaller,less back breaking, out of the way breasts - wish i could wear a size medium shirt again.

a bit of info though on the breast enhancement hormone drugs-please do not try -i hear they are very dangerous-they supposidly work hormonally and trick your body into thinking it is pregnant again - and thus your breasts swell. i personally would be scared to experiment with anything that effects the already sensitive hormonal balance we women are given.

sorry for not being able to give better news for you all- i just hate to see anyone having health problems over taking these!!!

maybe there is a safer way-some form of exercise or massage therapy perhaps to enhance-have dh help in the experiments!
he he
good luck. sincerely- sheila ann anderson
Old 09-02-2002, 06:03 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi, I know exactly what you are talking about. I was a 36C most of my life, each time I was pregnant I would go up a size or two finally coming back to a 38D during my last pregnancy. Now that i've had my third and last child I am ready to be vain again...LOL. I feel like my boobs hang past my elbows sometimes and I know they've shrunk. I'm not sure if I am a a 38C still or 38B now, I am too embarrassed to go find out. I have heard of the oral supplements like Bloussant and have been interested in trying them since enhancement surgery is not financially feasible. It's so depressing. My husband has been great about it too. I have always been okay with myself, but now that I am getting older I want to keep what I had. It must be an early mid-life pre- menopausal thing. Any suggestions? Sorry I couldn't help you.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:18 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Enhanced Mama!!

I can relate to your situation. I was a full 34B before I nursed my kids. After the first one I was flat as a board. Being the sunlover that I am and all the time I spend in a bathing suit, I was extremely self-conscious about my flat chest.

After nursing my second child, I ended up being a 34A. I wore WonderBras for years. Then I made the mistake of trying those Curves that are silicone "enhancements" that you put in your bra. I wore them for six months. My husband said it was the most expensive $50 he spent in his life, because I decided I liked them so much I wanted them to be permanent.

I had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation about six months ago and I LOVE my FLAT STOMACH and 36C boobs!! So does he!! I still can't believe it did it. But it has done WONDERS for my self-esteem.

My advice is to RESEARCH your doctor thoroughly, visit him/her for a consultation and be sure you are comfortable with them. Ask for names and phone numbers of other patients that would be willing to talk to you. If you'd like, I can give you links to some forums that discuss breast augmentation. Surgery is invasive and risky, but for me the results were worth every minute of recovery!

Best of luck to you,
Leah

P.S. Forgot to mention that I did try herbal remedies for breast enhancement. I guess I went a little overboard with the herbs, taking more than I was supposed to and really messed myself up hormonally. I ended up with a hysterectomy. I suspect it was related to the herbs, but can't say for sure. Of all the reading I've done relating to Breast Augmentation, I've never come across anyone that has had any success with the herbal combinations enhancing their breast.

Oh, and one more thing... I don't look anything like the old lady on "Something About Mary"!!!

Last edited by seasunleah; 09-02-2002 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Seasunleah!!!
Ok Girl Dish the dirt on the operation!!!!
I take it you are skinny :p
I saw somewhere that you need to lose the weight you want to lose before going under the knife.

So how was the pain? I have this terrible scars from several ectopic surgeries that I had and my tummy is now this flappy, icky thing. I've seen myself in the mirror naked and to be honest I don't know what my DH finds attractive about me!
Visit us at http://communities.msn.com/Allentribe