Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yeah, I was curious about the cost too. I have tried nearly every diet or diet pill out there too, and nothing works, but also I am afraid my droopy boobs will just get thinner too and that my "udder" will turn into an empty sack of nastiness... Dh does not mind but it REALLY bothers me. I am 50 or so lbs over weight, but I am afraid that everything will just get ickier if I do lose that extra weight. Anyone lose a lot of weight and not have problems with "the droopies"?

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 07-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tasha

I lost 30 lbs and dropped from a size 16 to a 12 over a year ago and had some droopies I was very frustrated especially since I had worked so hard to lose the weight. Hubby said i looked great but I was still having a hard time dealing with the sagging boobs and tummy. I decided to start working out...I joined martial arts with my kids and I have toned up greatly in 10 months. My boobs are better with muscle tone from all the push ups and my tummy is almost to where i will be happy with all the sit ups we do. When I first started i could not even move the next day but I was determined to keep it up. I am so much healthier now and i have to say I look 100% better. I even bought a bikini this year! I had thought of sugery also but I'm too big a chicken and at least i am getting in shape now. Hope this gives you anouther perspective

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Debbie, that is very encouraging... as soon as our roomate moves out I will be able to do my THe Firm workout dvds again and I think that will help immensely since I will be able to do that when I can't get to the gym.

Old 07-13-2004, 03:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tasha

Sometimes having a buddy helps...there are about 5 of us that joined martial arts together and we all incourage each other not to give up. Sometimes when i don't feel like going I will phone one of them and 99% of the time the talk me into going to class. I did the same when I started weight loss too. I used weight watchers on my own but had a buddy for when I knew i was going to falter. After about 6 weeks I found it easy to adjust to the change and my new eating habits...before then it helped to talk to someone. Good luck with the workout tapes.....

hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

What kind of eating changes have you made?

Old 07-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Tasha

I try and eat low fat items and now check all items before I buy.I cut a lot of bread out of my diet too, any bread I do eat is now 100% whole wheat or whole grain. A lot of times for lunch I will have a big bowl of salad with a oil dressing(not cream) and some sliced turkey. Anouther lunch I use alot is melba toast or wasa bread and low fat cheese and sliced ham or turkey. Add a small salad and I'm good to go. I also drink alot of water about 7 glasses a day. I don't drink pop although they say diet is okay I just don't like it and I'm not a tea or cofee drinker. I eat alot of stir fry for supper, some chicken or pork sliced and fresh veggies with a light sauce. I really cut back on the portion of meat I eat at supper instead I have lots of steamed veggies to fill up. I still have a sweet tooth but limit my intake of things like chocolate. I have frozen fruit ice instead of ice cream. I have taco chips with salsa instead of chips and dip and eat in moderation. I also increased my fruit intake. I used to skip breakfast but now I maek sure I eat it every day to jump start my metabolism. I am sorry for rambling but as you can see I made some significant changes.

I had tryed a few other times to lose but really was not committed when i finally said I'm going to do this and do it for me I had success. It was hard at first but I just kept thinking I really want to do this, I want to be able to run with my kids and not be winded.....If I can help you out in any way just ask. I appreciated all those who helped me.
Have an awsome day
Debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-13-2004, 09:02 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I need to really re-evaluate my eating, but everyone else in the house is skinny and they really need high calorie foods, as well as they are too picky to eat some of the low fat healthy whole grain foods. Add to that the fact that dh brings home cases of soda and chocolate bars, and our roomate goes to Sams and buys cases of the worst things... muffins, pop tarts and potato chips, and i literally have no self control. Again after our roomate moves out I will attempt to adjust our normal meals so that they are a little better and not allow dh to buy some of the things hes buying. But I can't really tell our roomate what he can or cant buy. He even thinks he's being helpful but dd isn't even allowed to eat most of the stuff he buys... no pop tarts for my pre-schooler!

Old 07-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi tasha

I found that hard at first too, my kids are picky eaters and my hubby ,who could afford to lose alittle was not interested in cutting out all the "good stuff" I think that is why I found it so hard at first. I kept saying it's okay to be heavier I've had 3 kids so I earned it! Problem is it kept going on. Finally I went looking for a swimsuit and could not find one that fit in our area....we have no 14+ stores here. That is when I said I am going to lose some weight come heck or high water!! Some nights the we all eat the same thing other nights I will grill a chicken breast for me and mix it with salsa and vegies so they can have their favs. Now I will eat some of their meals just in moderation. The kids now all eat whole wheat bread even though they turned their noses up at it in the beginning. We can all find excuses but if you really want it you can find a way to work it into your lifestyle. Hope you will give it a try

hugs
Debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We have always only eaten whole wheat bread, I have been buying whole wheat tortillas, which they complain about, but I do not give them a choice. And i have been trying to just buy things they eat in a more healthy form. Like fat free vegetarian refried beans ( they won't eat real beans) and I try to drink water when they have juice. I also use mustard instead of mayonaise on my sandwiches and use real cheese instead of kraft singles since I can use less. Also I take an extra serving of veggies and less of the mashed potatoes or stuffing or whatever, and i eat my veggies first so I am not so tempted to go back. I am just really having a hard time not eating the things that are everywhere that I should not have. I am addicted to soda, so if dh brings home a case, it is tough not to drink it. I can't drink diet, I am allergic to the aspartame. Also I generally do not make dessert... sometimes we have ice cream or whatever, but I know if I bake something I will just keep going back to it til it's gone.

Old 07-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I know what youmean about the aspartame...it makes me feel sick

Maybe if you just try and take it day by day...if you fall off don't beat yourself up everyone has bad days!!! I had to physically stop myself from eating sweets.....if I made chocolate chip cookies I would eat them all so i know where you are coming from I still have days where i eat more of something than I should have.....life goes on. When I reach for that cookie or chocolate bar I ask myself do I really need this ? Usually the answer is no so I grab a glass of water instead or a fruit bar. If I say yes than I take 1/2 of what i was going to eat and I usually find that is enough to take the craving away. It really is a committment that you have to make .......unfortuately The end results are totally worth it though.

debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson