Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Old 09-03-2002, 04:27 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Bodies are a strange thing! I am currently pregnant with my 4th child. I breast feed the other 3 until they were right around or past 2 years old AND I was pregnant with the next child. I love being able to nourish and comfort my children this way! In high school I wore a 38 D and DD. In the first 2 pregnancies my breasts did get bigger and swell and then went back to regular size. I noticed that after stopping nursing each I went back a little smaller, but chose not to pay too much attention to it. After I weaned my 3rd child I noticed a large difference from my 18 body. But then I considered the fact that I have been pregnant now 4 times and nursed 3 children!!! Do we really expect our bodies to look the same after all this?????? I doubt that my body will look wonderful after I have this child and then nurse it for 2 years, but my husband married me for me and not my body or my breasts. I take comfort knowing that God gave me a body that can bear children and nourish them. I may have battle scars (saggy, smaller breasts and c-section scars and extra weight) but I have some awesome trophies ( my 3 children and soon to be 4).

Jennifer
Old 09-03-2002, 05:32 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

HA HA HA!!! Mel, I know what you mean about looking in the mirror and wondering what your husband saw in you. My children were LARGE (first one was 10#, second one 9#). I am 5'5" and weigh 125#. My skin was stretched out SOOO bad that it hung like an empty sack over the top of my underpants. My husband said it didn't bother him, but it bothered me tremendously. When I would bend over,my stomach would hang like a huge cow's utter!! Plus I had a scar from two c-sections.

About the operation: Since I was having the tummy tuck, I decided to go with the trans-umbilical breast augmentation which is through the navel. They insert a tube up to the breast and then the implant is inserted through the tube up into the breast and filled. This way there are no scars around the breast area.

The pain wasn't that bad, but then again I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. Because of the tummy tuck, it was like having another c-section. Since my muscles were supposedly stretched, the doc stitched them up. I didn't think it was necessary, but he felt it was. The surgery lasted about two hours. My breasts were pretty hard and large for the first month and the muscles would spasm (the implants are under the muscle). The first two weeks of sleeping were difficult because I typically sleep on my side and this was impossible. I had to sleep on my back and that was tough, but I survived! HA HA!!

My tummy was swollen for about two months and I was beginning to wonder if it was worth the tuck, but it's now nice and flat. I still have a scar, of course, but atleast I can see it now!!

I have to say that for a long time I felt the same way as Jennifer. At least in my case I tried to convince myself that I was okay with my body but the tummy thing was a biggie for me. It really did bother me. When I learned about TUBA, I started to entertain the thought of doing both. I still can't believe I actually went through with it. Sometimes, it feels like a dream but then I see my reflection in the mirror and I feel GREAT! I guess this was my mid-life crisis. I'm in my mid-forties but everyone told me I looked much younger, as if I were in my early 30's. Now I feel like I AM in my 30's again!

Does this cover your questions? If there is anything else you want to know, ask away! Leah
Old 09-03-2002, 05:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Ok, little ones! How did you all lose the weight? I am doing Weight Watchers, but I'm afraid it's not religiously. I have lost 10 lbs on it, since March. My leader said that's good and it's not always good to lose a lot of weight fast.

Now I do agree with Jennifer, but have come to the point like you Leah where I just wonder what happen to myself. I don't mind the stretch marks those are my badges of honor!

My breasts weren't too bad after my 2nd was born, but after my third and breast feeding for over 2 years they just need some help! LOL!

Thanks Leah for the advice! I think I'll try harder to lose some weight and maybe in a year or 2 I'll go for the surgery!

Have a GREAT Day Ladies!
Visit us at http://communities.msn.com/Allentribe
Old 09-03-2002, 06:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Back to the breast enhancement drugs...

I watched a special about this (20-20 or something like that) a couple of months ago. From what this program says these drugs can work by changing your hormones but it is a PERMANENT lifestyle change. Even the ladies that had great results on the show said that once they stopped the drugs their boobs went back to their previous size.

As for the surgery... I've birthed and breastfed three babies and I'm pretty happy with my size....I just wish I could have someone put them back up where they belong!
Old 09-03-2002, 11:32 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

The weight wasn't an issue for me. I was skin and bones (5'5", 100# with 34B boobs!) before kids. Imagine that!

I gained about 10# with each pregnancy, so I was happy to have some meat on my bones!

Sorry I couldn't help you out with the weight issue, but I hear that drinking LOTS of water (1/2 your body weight in oz.) and walking (or exercise - UGH!) helps too.

Ya know, Mel, you could just have a breast lift and not mess with the implants. Afterall, 36D is not so bad!! Leah
Old 09-03-2002, 02:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Wow I am so glad I asked!

Wow thanks for all the great responses! I knew I would get the information that I was looking for. It sounds to me that I would be better off just saving up for that boob job ! LOL Since I am thinner than I was in high school I guess I should not be surprised by the smaller chest, but the old lady boobs I could do WITHOUT! To answer the question about how to lose the weight - this is all I know. ONLY eat when you are hungry and STOP when you are full. That sounds obvious - but you would be surprised how often we eat just because there's food in front of us, or we are bored, or angry or it's noon. Also you have to move. I jump rope - it tones the arms and the legs at the same time - I can do it at home, the kids can listen to music and color when I do it so there are no excuses! I only gained 25 pounds with each kid and had it off (I breast fed) in 3 months. They are now 4, 2 and 8 months. I also have a double stroller and a baby carrier that I take the kids out in. Let me tell you THAT'S a workout! Don't get down on yourself if you don't look the way you want. Just change the stuff you can and pray for the rest. Hope that helps - Katie
Old 09-04-2002, 08:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Now, here is another slant on the matter. Hmmm - I may be the odd (wo)man out here - but is it really necessary to have larger breasts? I just wonder at how much emphasis we put on our bodies to look firmer and younger. Being 40 (or 50, or 60) is not a bad thing ladies! I weigh more than I did when I got married etc. but after 4 pregnancies/2 successful - and horrendous health during both - my attitude has been adjusted. I am GLAD to be alive! My husband is GLAD to have my with the body that I have. My children have a mother. Yes, I imagine it is wonderful to have 'the old body' back or a better silhouette - but why???
A friend of mine was considering breast enlargement as she is basically flat - and her husband wanted her to have larger breasts - like she did in pregnancy etc. I shared with her a couplen of verses in the bible: Prov 5:18-19 "May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer - may her breasts satisfy you allways...." Maybe what really needs to happen is that the men should start to appreciate the beautiful woman that has carried his babies and nursed them and is his helpmate for the rest of his life. The value in those things alone is unspeakable.
My husband tells me that he thinks he will enjoy growing old together - that to me is one of the kindest things he has ever said to me.
I just wonder if we work on our own self esteem and realize our own value for who we are instead of what we look like (or what position we hold, or what we own etc.) ...
Personally I would not go though any surgery unless it was a life threatening issue.
Anyway - that is my 2 cents worth.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I am of the skinny persuasion - 5'2" , 97 lbs and have a hard time putting on weight. I can sit on my behind and eat bon bons all day long with no success. Now before you throw rocks at me picture this - body by Ally Mcbeal. I too lost my boobs after kids (3). I went from a 34C to a 34B- sort of. I was always lopsided (one slightly bigger than the other) but the pregnancies made it worse. One boob doesn't quite fill the bra. I look pretty flat on the bigger side but the other is just scary. My husband can't quite grasp why I am so bothered by it.....dork....lol My stomach didn't do well either. Stretchmarks galore - are you lost? - I have a Thomas Guide street map on my stomach! I can relate Leah!!! a cow's udder...funny! I have lots of loose skin! I call mine a shar pei dog I have never seen any positive reviews on those all natural breast enhancement pills so I wear the silicone filled bras.

If a man says something and no woman hears it....is he still wrong?

Well, nobody's perfect - Osgood E. Fielding III
SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 09-04-2002, 02:54 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I know exactly what you are talking about. I've never been big (I was a 34B before I had kids), but after two kids and breastfeeding, I am now a 36AAA. I'm not kidding. It's sad. My husband of 27 years doesn't mind at all, has never ever made any kind of negative comments, and seems to enjoy what I do have (TMI?? ), but I am not happy with this at all.

My youngest is now 20 years old, my oldest is 22, so I've had that long to learn how to live with it, but there isn't a day goes by where I wouldn't love to be even what I was. I'm 5' 4" and weigh 120, so I'm just the right weight, so that's not the issue. It just has to be that those babies sucked it right out of me!! LOL!!

I have worn padded bras most of my adult life, and that's not so bad, I guess. I don't think I'd ever consider breast augmentation, for the cost or the risks. It's not THAT important to either me or my husband.

But anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that I do empathize with you!!
Old 09-05-2002, 02:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Question Question for Leah

Leah,
Thanks for so much input on something I had been wondering about myself which is a possibility of a breast augmentation and also a body lift. Or rather lifting the skin on my tummy. People think skinny people have it made well, we skinny people sag too! I am about 5'3" tall and 100 lbs. I am in a 34B cup bra but my breasts have that sag to them after the 7 kids and breastfeeding 6 of them. I looked damn good up until the 6th child, then I took depo provera and that put 30lbs on me. Now gaining weight would have been cool if it hadnt made me look like an oompa loompa. So I got off depo provera after a year and half and was on birth control pills and along came baby#7. After Nick was born my breasts sagged some and I noticed my stomach had saggy skin. Something I hadnt had even after the 6th child. I was devestated. I tried dieting......yeah like I need that, but I thought it was fat at first. It took me a bit to realize it was excess skin. I am fortunate to have hardly any stretch marks. The ones I do have are noticable to me but no one else seems to see them. For myself I would like to have the tummy tuck? Or tummy lift or whatever its called. Not sure about the breasts, what size were u before and what are you now. I dont really want large breasts. I just want firm breast and a lift just isnt gonna do it. Also if you dont mind me asking, what is the cost of both? Where would I look to find a doctor to see about this kind of surgery. Thanks for any input from you or anyone else.
Felicia