Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am new to this thread............and I am Starting Fresh in January 2005!!!
Healthy eating but not completely giving up my candy!! LOL but true!!
I am starting "The Firm" for exercise and some yoga tapes to alternate with the Firm.
I lost 10 pounds earlier in the year and have 20 more to go. It's not a whole lot but enought that I do not feel good about how I look.

Anyone else Starting Fresh in January?

hugs,train
Old 12-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hello Trainlady!

I always start fresh in the newyear too...I watch mycholesterol and the best way for me to bring it down is exercise..so that is my goal...more exercise.

I lost 22 lbs last year...and 8 lbs the year before...so I am hoping for more this year.

I have a long way to go..but I am finding it harder to stay active in the winter...no fun walking..

I have a step meter that I use..my goal is 10,000 steps a day. That equals 5 miles.

Love janet
Old 12-18-2004, 08:07 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Janet,
I have read more than once that 10,000 steps a day should be everyones goal!!!
I tried to start fresh last year after having my second child...Had weight to lose and I have lost 34 pounds. My goal in the new year is about 15 but I have seem to come to a stand still. I am still nursing my son so hoping when I finish that up in Febuary the rest will start coming off! (he will be 1 and I am done) I belong to Curves I love that place! It feels great to quickly excericise in only 30 minutes 3x a week. I dont work for them but it did work for me!
I also will be starting the year out a bit stressed. After 25 yrs with the same company my husbands postion has been eliminated. The postion he was in was only 6 yrs.....Anyway he was let go on 12-8 so our life will be sorta starting fresh in the New Year..... Many changes ahead for us, hoping better things.....
Leighann
Old 12-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Lee, wow alot of changes for you and your family. I do hope your husband lands the most perfect job for him...remember the Lord has bigger plans for him...when one door shuts a window opens.

I would love to join curves, is it expensive?

Love Janet
Old 12-18-2004, 08:54 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Janet,
Thanks for the thoughts!
I think Curves cost might depend on where you live. I pay 29.00 a month, but my sil in Flordia pays a bit more.
I figured its almost 3.00 a visit, but my results have made it worth it to me.
I just hope I dont have to quit....It depends on how are finances are I know I am good for the next 6 months with severance! Not to mention the stress I burn off. Will be sad if I do!
Leighann
Old 12-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I only lost 8 lbs this year... but I kept them off, so that's still something! Heres hoping I get my butt back to the gym!

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 03-16-2006, 01:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What are you doing nowadays to take care of yourself?

What do you really make a point of doing?
Is getting enough sleep important to you?
How many hours do you get/need?
Eating....what are your daily choices like?
Do you take vitamin supplements?
What do you do for relaxation?
Journaling? Exercising?

I'll be back later to put in my own response to these questions. I am just on a roll this morning posting new questions to get some new conversations going!

hugs, train
Old 08-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It's been 3.5 years since anyone has told us about their fresh starts, so how is it going??

I am using the Wiifiit at least 3 times a week for at least 30 mins and I can feel some muscles working in my legs and butt. No real weight loss yet, but hopefully that will come!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:31 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I had bunion surgery this summer and have been OUT of excercising for a few months now. (bunion was horrible and it hurt, but had to wait till kids were out of school to have the surgery) ANYWHO

I have Wii Fit and I cant wait to get restarted on it. ITS fun and you do burn calories!!!

I just read 2 articles this week how Wii boxing is just as good as hitting a real punching bag as far as burning calories. Case western did a study, and an article in Family Circle a woman lost 32 pounds just using the Wii, made her get back to excercise off the Wii!!!

Good luck to you, I hope I can have a success story myself lol!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lee hi i was wondering where you have been how are the boys i bet there getting so big

Im going to have to check in on a Wii that sounds interesting im trying to walk on the tread mill but get so board even if its in front of the tv