Starting fresh - Page 71 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome home Sandra!

I'm glad you had fun..and that your ds did well on his first outdoor camping adventure... Benedryl induced sleep or not lolol!!

The "S'mores bloat" will go away quickly once you return to healthier eating, I'm sure...

It's great to have you back here at FC.

Val
Old 08-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tasha...actually the low fat laughing cow is really good. I've tried several flavors now and all have been yummy.

Val...thanks...we did survive well and I do hope that "smores bloat" is gone by tomorrow! I'm sure I didn't drink enough water. I didn't drink much of anything except soda and not my usual diet kind. I HAVE to get rid of this swollen toadish look I've got going right now!

Sandra

Old 08-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I would love to say that the toadishness I have about me right now is just some extra bloat... but since it is permanent and getting worse, I just don't think anyone would believe me!

The other problem with ab exercises is that if I push on my tummy the muscles are rock hard and actually pretty big... it's the big pooch and spare tires over top of it that get me down... and I wonder if all that muscle is not just pushing it out. TMI? Perhaps, but darn it, I need help!

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 08-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

LOL Tasha...I've got that permanent fat too I just happen to not be able to button anything (even the really really big stuff) on account of "Smores Bloat"...I think we need to define a new disease with that name!

According the the book I am supposed to weigh 125lbs for my height (5'1) but haven't weighed that since I was in Junior High Now I am 40lbs over weight....

So far today I have eaten two wedges of lite laughing cow, 1 apple, 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, a small salad and now onto a chicken breast with lemon pepper. Oh that reminds me...gotta go get more water! I hate being fat

Sandra

Tasha...too bad we don't live in the same town...we could go together!

Old 08-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

That would be wonderful, I desperately need some motivation to exercise! I hate it with a passion. I have a membership with CUrves which I love, but I literally cannot get there within their VERY limited hours of operation, plus I now have to save up $50 just to cancel my membership. I have asked dh if I can have a gym membership for my b-day if we can afford to.... A lady just called me back from the Gym I want to join WHILE I was just typing this, and I almost cried! THe hours of childcare are exactly the times I might need, it would be only $8 more a month than what I am paying (which I can barely afford, but my health is worth it, right?) plus any classes in addition are FREE! and it is close to my house, AND they are open late, AND there is no start up fee for the next 2 days and you don't have to pay for Aug or Sept membership! If that is not an answered prayer I do not know what is! I would love any kind of low fat recipes that you have!

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 08-08-2004, 04:20 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Woohoo!! I lost another 6 lbs!! I don't know how or from where, but the scale says it's gone and that makes me a happy camper!! I had a goal last summer of being a size 10 by the end of this summer--I'm not going to make it this year but at least I'm losing again and maybe by Christmas....

I also had one heck of a confidence boost yesterday--went to a party and some of the guys couldn't stay away. The very same ones that wouldn't even glance at me two years ago! So I know I'm doing something lol!! I had several compliments on how good I look, which was great because even though my clothes are smaller, I still see a fat woman when I look in the mirror. Though I had my hair and face "very done" for this party and my outfit was a bit...um, "less"...than the stuff I usually wear. Even dh was knocked over!! So I'm flying high today!!

SO I'm about to hop off the puter and go excercise!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Mrs Maniac, Congratulations on your 6 lb weight loss! You are doing so great! I love your goal..getting to a size 10..wow! I never wore a size 10...don't think I ever could..but I would settle for a 16 or 18...I am in plus sizes..yuck! I call them the 22W..for 22 WIDE! lol Actually I am dropping sizes now, and my goal is to get into an reg. XL? Is that an 18...it has been so long. lol

Tasha, you list of food doesn't sound that bad..I do think you need to add more fresh veggies, like salad stuff or even for a snack low carb peanut butter spread on apple slices, or celery is great. I found I was always craving crunchy things...like chips? so now I eat crunchy veggies..baby carrots, celery, or apples. I think for me..just eating stuff you chew really helps...maybe it is all the jaw action??? lol

You are doing great with the exercise!!! WOO-HOO!!! You are one moving chick!!

Here is too ALL of US!!
Old 08-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Question

Yesterday I done some ab workouts, then went outside to run awhile and then would walk, come back in and do some more abs. But after I while when I was running my sides went to hurting. It that a good sign or a bad sign? It used to do that to me when I was in school and ran around the football field. Just never made no attention to it... Does anyone know what that is from?

Becky
Old 08-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Becky,

Those pains in your side are a build up of lactic acid in the muscles. it's not dangerous at all.. just your body's way of telling you that it's working so hard, that it's staarting to run out of oxygen in the muscle tisssues...

As you get into shape, and the muscles become more efficient.. you'll see those "stitches" in your sides go away... (or at least you'll be able to go farther and farther before they start) For now, it means you're "over-exercising" and need to take it to a trot, breathe, and drink plenty of water to flush your system.

It's great that you are exercising... Just be sure to drink, drink, drink. The reccomended hydration is 16 oz every 1/2 hour while exercising out doors...

Val
Old 08-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks Val,
I guess I'm wanting to just to loose this stomach gut too fast. Don't know how long it will take... Wish I could find something more easier but don't guess there is a faster or easier way..

Becky