Starting fresh - Page 68 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Tasha!

Dont worry about venting, I think I win by far, I'm the bigger whiner on earth, at least online - I usually dont whine or nag verbally, just by writting,

I dunno if you saw previous posts, but i referred to a book, Change One, from the Readers Digest, I think its wonderfull. Take a look at it! They also have a site, www.changeone.com ( duh?!?!) and you can peak there too.

I'm a mom of 2, and I'm also overweight. I'm planning on losing weight, but not now, it's too hot, we've been under a heat wave, caused by some sand storm in the Sahara desert... at least that's what they told us... - and I'm affraid to dehydrate. So, 1st of September - the rentree - I'll be making 30 min walks every morning, and taking the same anti celulite pills I took last year - they are amazing! Also, I bought something called cellfit, a pair of shorts that are made in some kind of knitting that massages your skin and I have a anti cellulite gel to apply before putting the shorts on. Besides spending a small fortune on it, I do believe it will get rid of my orange skin, and of a couple of inches. Also, I'll be doing a meal replacement diet - a freanch brand, called "gerlinea", that I also tried before. And it works.

Ok, you might ask why am I overweight if I tried it all and I swear by its slimming effects, right? It's mainly 2 reasons: 1st I'm always dealing with depression, and sometimes I get to take anti depressants that actually make me gain weight, and, 2nd, I have a thiroyd disfunction, not entirely diagnosed by my doctor, cos it gives two different readings, and it is a bit puzzeling. My doctor is sure that's the main reason I'm overweight, though... I'm about to take the tests again, to see if he'll be able to finally medicate me - I dont believe it, cos I feel good now.

So, after all this babbling, do go and take a look at the site and/or at the book ( you can buy it on amazon )

Hugs to you ,

fatima

fatima

"Stones in my path, I pick them all up: one day, I'm going to build a castle!" - Fernando Pessoa, (portuguese poet)

Last edited by fatima bento; 08-02-2004 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I know good and well why I'm over weight! I eat too much food! All the time...too much food and sit in front of my computer too much! I wish I had a valid problem like medical issues but no...alas it's not to be...I'm fat because I eat eat eat.

I was 130lb when my dh and I started dating...six months later when we got married I was 140 and then went up to 190 when I was pregnant with ds#1...I lost down to 150 and then just started eating eating eating...I was back up to 175 when I got pregnant with ds#2 and went up to 200 but lost all of that back to original 175 within the first month (breastfeeding but then stopped because I didn't produce enough milk) now I'm at 170 and HATING IT sooo...I'm taking my Weight Watchers stuff along and I AM going to lose 5 lbs this week camping and if I don't you all have the permission to kick me in the behind!!! I think that being overweight contributes to depression...I know when I even lose a few pounds and have exercised moderately I feel SO much better about myself. I will be praying for you ladies...I know it is so hard. I have felt like a failure in this dept. many many times and grew up with the nickname "pudge"

Hope all you sisters of mine have a wonderful week...Tasha you're a lovely person and that counts for more than anything! Have a great week and we'll talk next weekend and Val...I am honored to be working with you...I can see you have a passion for this and the knowledge to go with it so I'll learn a lot from you!

God Bless...

Sandra

Old 08-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yup, I have a great personality Important when you are CHUBBY

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 08-03-2004, 06:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tasha...Why is it all us "chubby' ladies tell ourselves that?!

I wonder what would happen to us if we were b*tchy to people once in a while ?

Do we think they would wonder what our excuse was, because we obviously had enough to eat? ...

I'm sure your personality would be just as sweet no matter WHAT shape you're in... Be kind to yourself.. It feels better that way. Here's hugs from me..

Val
Old 08-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi, ladies just read most of your inputs on this and I can say I need to make a few changes on myself too. I use to wear make up everyday and dress nice. When I quit my job to stay home with the kids I just didn't seem to take much time in myself no more. Now I don't wear make up unless I go to church, if I don't have to go no where I'll just run around in my p.j's all day. My hubby even pointed out to me I was letting myself go and I thought that was bad. So I'm going to start getting up a 6 in the mornings and working out with Denise Austin to lose this belly fat. Which has gotten worse since all I do is play on the . Put alittle make up on during the day and look alittle decent even if I don't go anywhere. Anybody got any ideas on how to lose the belly? And by the way I tried sit ups and I just can't do them...
Old 08-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Littlecmom, if you find out how to lose the belly please do tell ME! I am putting on a little weight all in the one place. NOT fun.

I wish you well in your plan to exercise and try to look right. I do find that on the days when I feel crummy and don't feel like putting on something that looks halfway decent, if I DO bother to dress a little more nicely, I find that it picks up my mood a bit. And if I wear an apron to cook in then I don't get my "nicer" clothes all messed up. (Now for a really messy, sweaty job, all bets would be off, of course!)

If chubby people are all so good-natured, then what does that make all of us "thinner" people?
Old 08-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey if I find anything out I will sure let you know. It really didn't use to bother me untill a couple of months ago. My younger sister came over and she can wear jeans with the half t-shirts and she looks nice but with me if I try to do that my belly fat just won't let me... Plus when I put on a swim suit nope I don't go no where unless I'm laying out in my yard.... But i the mean time if you find something out let me know.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:31 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Cool!! New Smilies!!

Littlecmom, the excecise I have found works best on my rather significant belly is called "the penguin". Lay on the floor, put your hands behind your head and lift your shoulders like you're going to do a crunch, only instead of sitting up, rock your torso side to side. Between using your abs to hold yourself up and using the side muscles to rock, you get an amazing excercise!!
Old 08-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Has it sent your pooch packing?

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 08-04-2004, 05:07 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thnks MrsManiac I will give that a try. I got up and done Denise Austin I could tell I haven't exercised in a LONG time. You would think with 3 kids I would get plenty of it but I"m always on the and drinking my . I'll let you know how it goes....