Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 06-14-2002, 04:49 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb NEED SOME MP3

Shame we cant get music on this site.....start a nation wide aerobics/dance class going....

1st song: I AM WOMAN....BY HELEN READY( The warm up)
2nd Song: I WILL SURVIVE....BY GLORIA GAYNOR( Shake Time)
3rd Song: Last Dance...By Donna Summers (Dont want to over do ourselves!)

Just this thread alone is a good support system......
We are women .....we can do it!!!!!

Happiness is: Friends

RegardsAlways
Cindy
Old 06-14-2002, 08:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good for you Amanda! You are on the right track! I have only been a sahm for 2 years but I was starting to fall into that rut too! Now I make sure I make myself presentable all the time. Just the basics, light makeup to hide dark circles under the eyes,mascara, and lip color.

I wish I had your curly hair...I have poker-straight hair! It is hard to make it curl or stay styled. I am back to getting it cut every month and it is the best $11.00 I spend. Every 10 haircuts you get one free!

Kudos to you for taking time for yourself!

janet
Old 06-14-2002, 09:10 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well today went well too. The kids didn't have summer school today, so I didn't get my walk in, but I did take my eldest son to the store, so we did a bit of walking there. It was his birthday today so he had fun spending his birthday money.

Took my shower, did my hair, make up, etc. I also bought myself some of thosehair bands that have all the time little spiked things (not a very good description LOL) to pull my bangs off my face, yet my hair still looks nice since I'm scrunching it making it curly. I also bought a pick and a wide toothed comb for myself. Oh, and a pair of earrings

See you guys tomorrow and thanks for the support!!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-15-2002, 03:09 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

I go through times when I feel sorry for myself. I have put on weight also and its very depressing. I am turning 45yrs in July and I want to change a few things to feel better. When I was 24yrs I had cancer and again at 34yrs. This had put me in an early menopause and medications that put on some weight. I have always made that a fall back on why I am fat. I think I have had a wake up call. I have to stop making up reasons for being fat and do something about it.

I have seen heavy women look wonderful. So I think that until I can lose the weight I need to make myself look as good as I can now!!!!!!!!!!!! This will put me in a better mood. I have to stop saying I can't do something and just do it. I teach so I have the summer off so I am going to start on a healthy routine!!!!!!!

Exercise every morning (even if it is for only 20min.) then shower and dress and put makeup on. I have wasted enough time already. Lets all get on track together now!!!!!! But remember we are still beautiful people no matter how long this will take.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

I am so glad this is being dicussed. I have been going through the same things myself. I started working at home a little over two years ago. My 24 year old daughter has really gotten on me about how I dress. I have gained weight and was quite happy to not have to dress up each day. Now, though, I find I wear my rattiest clothes (some my daughter finally made me throw away)because I am only going to be getting dirty cleaning and doing my work anyway. As for make-up, I do put it on at least 3 times a week, but I know that now I am taking much better care of my skin and feel quite confident going out without it. I am 45 and fair colored, so I am no glamour puss without it, still it's nice to have people notice that my skin is so nice. LOL When I do put make-up on I certainly feel better and try to make a point lately to put it on when the only person I am going to see is my husband. After all, other peoples' perception of me shouldn't be more important than his. He also says I look fine without it, but he apprecitates it when I do get a bit dolled up. I used to go to the hairdress every month and now I have a hard time justifying the cost, guess that means I need to do some self esteem work eh? After all, I am still "worth it". Sharon
Old 06-15-2002, 04:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RTNRJK

I have seen heavy women look wonderful. So I think that until I can lose the weight I need to make myself look as good as I can now!!!!!!!!!!!! This will put me in a better mood. I have to stop saying I can't do something and just do it.

Thats absolutly right! And that is exactly how I feel now. You wouldnt believe how better I do feel since I made the resolution to take good care of me ! Even when there are mean people who likes to put you down. Let me tell you my height is 5.6 and I weigh 178 pounds, my IMC is 29, wich makes me fat, but not THAT fat... I'm not yet obese (but almost...) And I told you all this because something ugly happenned to me last week. I saw a dh's friend's wife who is 6 months pregnant and I congratulated her on the baby. Then she puted her hand on my tum, and said mine was bigger than hers!!! Can you believe it? Dont you agree it was one of the rudest things one can say? I got so negativly surprised I couldnt say a word about it: I pretended I hadnt heard, and SHE said it again !!
Few minutes later, my mother in law - whom I was with, met a friend and commented on me beeing fat out loud! :mad: Shame on them! I woulnt do it EVER about anyone! I think that is indecent!
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RTNRJK
...remember we are still beautiful people no matter how long this will take.

And thats it! We are beautiful :
1st - because one cant evaluate someone by her size - not even by her looks...
2nd - Because we can BE pretty and beautiful, if we do try. Everyone can be beautiful. And beeing cared is more than 50%

Well, I'll have to go now.
Hope it wasnt too tireiyng to read all this.

Big to all of you

Fatima

PS : DO stay pretty !!

fatima

"Stones in my path, I pick them all up: one day, I'm going to build a castle!" - Fernando Pessoa, (portuguese poet)
Old 06-15-2002, 05:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Fatima, that is so rude that I almost cried FOR you! Some people are just plain ignorant for want of a better word. I want so badly to look people like this (or the one's who stare at you) in the eye and ask them just WHAT makes them so perfect that they think they have the right to pass judgement on how I look. I'd love to point out their bald head, thick ankles, fuzzy hair....well you get the idea. It's not very Christian of me I know but when I see and hear things such as what these 2 did to you it makes my blood boil!

God bless you!

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 06-15-2002, 07:11 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh Fatima, that's horrible! What are people thinking when they behave this way? I'll never understand that!

I'm glad everyone is here talking about this and benefiting from this thread.

Today I didn'tshower in the a.m. and was feeling kinda bad about it, but it worked out in the end. I ended up doing a bunch of dirty yard work. So when I came in I showered, did my hair and make up, and then ran off to the store. So not too bad just a little late.

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-15-2002, 07:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

I am enjoying this thread immensely! What was said in reference to weight just tells me you are spending your time with the wrong people. If your husband is friends with this woman's husband, it doesn't mean you have to spend time with her. Or with your mother-in-law for that matter. If people are negative and nasty why waste time on them? I don't believe I have to spend time with people who don't treat me kindly even if they are related to me. I am like most people and have a hard enough time feeling good about myself without subjecting myself to mean remarks from ignorant people. Reading all your postings has helped my resolve to nip my decline into "frumpdom" in the bud.
I don't feel like I have the time to spare to do my make-up in the am, I don't wear much, but I still feel guilty. I think now I need to turn that around and do my make-up before I "go to work", which just happens to be in my own home. Most days I get up and think "I'm not going see anybody anyway". But then, it is for me and not for them anyway. Besides if I let myself look bad on a regular basis, I shouldn't be surprised if my husband's eye wanders. It hasn't yet, but why press the issue. I should want to look my best for him, just like I appreciate when he looks his best for me.
Old 06-15-2002, 08:11 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Post To All

I received this email and want to share it with you. It may not be the answer to so many of our fustrations, but for me it did make me think, and give me some comfort. I hope it may bring someone some comfort and added self esteem.....

Facts on Figures;
There are 3 billion women who don't look like supermodels and only 8 who do.
Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14.
If Barbie was a real woman, she'd have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.
The average woman weighs 144 lb. and wears between a 12-14.
One out of every four college aged women has an eating disorder.

The models in the magazines are airbrushed -- not perfect!
A psychological study in 1995 found that three minutes spent looking at a fashion magazine caused 70% of women to feel depressed, guilty, and shameful.

Models twenty years ago weighed 8% less than the average woman.
Today they weigh 23% less.

~Beauty of a Woman~
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears,
The figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes,
Because that is the doorway to her heart,
The place where love resides.
The beauty of a woman Is not in a facial mole,
But true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.
It is the caring that she lovingly gives,
The passion that she shows.
The beauty of a woman
With passing years -- only grows.

An English professor wrote the words, "Woman without her man is nothing," on the blackboard and directed the students to punctuate it correctly.
The men wrote: "Woman, without her man, is nothing."
The women wrote: "Woman! Without her, man is nothing."

The Images of Mother
4 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mommy can do anything!
8 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!
12 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.
14 YEARS OF AGE ~ Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.
16 YEARS OF AGE ~ Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.
18 YEARS OF AGE ~ That old woman? She's way out of date!
25 YEARS OF AGE ~ Well, she might know a little bit about it.
35 YEARS OF AGE ~ Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.
45 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?
65 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wish I could talk it over with Mom.