Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

BBG?

I was thinking big boned girl, but I think big beautiful grandma is much better!!;-)
Old 07-11-2002, 10:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

BBG actually stands for Big Beautiful Gal but Grandma fits too!

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 07-11-2002, 12:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

This Big Beautiful Grandma, drives an 1988 Jimmy! Thanks to some friends who gave us another Jimmy, it's doing pretty good, something breaks and the other jimmy fills in the old part (the motor in the other Jimmy died and they found they could get a running vehicle for less than the motor would have cost put in.)
My beauty treatment today was trimming my hair, looks better and I put off needing a full hair cut by at least 4 weeks. (Oh, and last night I creamed my heels after washing well, and then popped into bed. So now I have lovely heels.)
Have a beautiful day.
Pat
Old 07-13-2002, 08:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Ok: today I waxed my right leg. UH-uh, just the right one. Hope I'll get to do the left one still today, otherwise I'll have to wear trousers till I do it. I'm going to write on the date: saturday, July the 13th, so I can make an idea how long this will last. I also bought some pre cuted/fitted wax strips to wax my upper lip & my bikini area - just thinking about it make me cry in pain , lol I told dh I'll put it on and he'll pull it out... and be aware, be VEEEERY (lol) aware of the blood, cos I DO bleed when I wax the bikini zone... guess he'll end up:

a) fainting
b) throwing up

eheheheheh... ouch!!!

I'll let you know. have a nice weekend ya'll

Fatima

PS : can anyone tell me why this as been so totally quiet for the last couple of days? Does this mean you've all been behaving OR misbehaving, hu?

fatima

"Stones in my path, I pick them all up: one day, I'm going to build a castle!" - Fernando Pessoa, (portuguese poet)
Old 07-13-2002, 09:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I bought some concealer last night for under my eyes. I've never used it before, but I had really started to notice how bad the dark circles [ along with the wrinkles ] were. I tried it one one eye and I was shocked, I should have done this long ago.
I'm also thinking about a new hair style, I have worn my hair straight, shoulder length, turned under at the ends for about a year now, which is a long time for me to have one hairstyle. I stopped fighting the gray about a year ago too and stopped coloring. My DH loves it with the gray. Must be true love. ;-) I guess it looks ok for now several people have asked who does my frosts and I tell them the good Lord does.
I would like my hair to be less drab, more shiny maybe.... any ideas?
Old 07-13-2002, 10:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Well, grace, agout some hair shine, I dont have a clue. I know there are some spray's you can use, just like a styling spray, that leaves a little shining veil in your hair ( God, I do hope this IS proper english... I'm in one of those days one cant hear oneself think... ). Now, about the concealer dont know if someone advised you on this, but here go my 50 cents: aply about 3 dots over the darker line, and then smudge it over it with your 3rd finger, the one we use our wedding ring on ( today I'm a mess, cant even remember the right words to use ...sorry...) I'm thinking about liquid concealer, but if you bought any other kind, just play attention to the golden rule: less is more, and always apply it over the limit line - wich is usually the darker place. Also I put mine after applying the foundation, and before applying the loose powder - the powder can be compact ... Does sound like a lot of work, but practice makes perfection : after it is all done, I apply a blush on my cheeks an eye lids - just a touch, though - and some mascara, lip liner and a semitransparent lipstick. I do it in about 10 to 15 minutes, and off I go!

Hope I dont seem like a know it all! I am not one ...

Hugs,

Fatima

fatima

"Stones in my path, I pick them all up: one day, I'm going to build a castle!" - Fernando Pessoa, (portuguese poet)
Old 07-13-2002, 12:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks Fatima I was wondering if I should apply the concealer before or after foundation, it makes sense after, it would probally go on alot smoother. I had no idea.
Maybe making a few changes will keep me in the right state of mind to keep going the right direction and taking better care of me. I love the encouragement from everyone on here, hope I can be of help to someone too.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

graceygrammy,

Here is my 2cents worth on concealers...I put my concealer on first, I am trying to cover dark rings under my eyes...I just pat it on lightly, next I put on the foundation....now I only use foundation where I need it, cheek bones, nose, chin...to help blend away red tones....then I use a loose powder and pat it over my face to give it a finished look.

Have you ever tried cream for eyes, like a moisturizer? It is one that is just for the eyes because the skin is thinner and more fragile there.

About your gray hair...you are blessed if you have a full head of gray hair...it looks so much better than gray hair just at the temples...like me! Now my hubby has all gray hair and I buy him a shampoo for gray hair...it keeps it all shiny gray and it never gets yellow like it did before. I picked it up at my favorite place, Walmart. (we only have 2 dept. stores in town.) ha ha

Good luck with all your beauty treatments.

janet
Old 07-13-2002, 02:49 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

My problem isnt dark circles under the eyes it is light circles.
Since we had been doing alot of baseball, tennis and golf with the boys my face has goteen really tan and nice looking, the only thing is the fact that I can not be in the glare of sunlight for very long without sun glasses due to an eye injury as a child. So now it really shows where my glasses were.
Donna
Old 07-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hello Farmnurse!

Advice for the white circles...they have a self tan product just for faces...just dab a little there and it should blend in somewhat with your natural tan. If this doesn't work you can try foundation and you might be able to match it with your tan. I also know there is a tinted moisturizer out...I think it is Neutrogena product..I have used that too.

I bet you do one notices the white circles they are envious of your natural tan and noticing that first!;-)

janet